Aaron100

Veterans Aff

Im thinking of researching this Aff, besides maybe CMR what are some pssible advantages and how many vets are homeless/poverty/debt, etc.

maybe something that has to do with the veterans still active in the military.

this was just published today and is about how bush wants to end a policy that lets veterans spread the word about getting counseling: http://www.usatoday.com/news/military/2009-01-11-notifications_N.htm?csp=34

You could have a heg advantage. If recruits know they have healthcare after theyre discharged then they will be more likely to join and our increase in military means an increase in hegemony

kool.. so CMR, Heg maybe some more once i get some research in

well im just thinking about it, i dont plan on working on this topic till aprilish/may

Veteran suicide/mental health is a major issue. But I think this aff would get hit with a topicality violation: people living in poverty: All people, not just veterans.

Also, counterplan. Extend plan to all veterans, not just those in poverty.

• Downvote 1

Veteran suicide/mental health is a major issue. But I think this aff would get hit with a topicality violation: people living in poverty: All people, not just veterans.

plan plus isn't competitive.

In means throughout is stupid.

I was thinking about cutting a Veterans Aff and Selling it on Evazon. If anyone is interested, please let me know.

So, I've been cutting this Aff.......but, it seems like it May be Non-Inherent...

Does everyone still want me to cut this?

The Associated Press – Feb 27, 2009 “Obama 2010 Budget Highlights By Agency”

Sizable expansion sought in veterans spending Agency: Veterans Affairs

2010 proposal: $52.5 billion Change from 2009 estimate: 10 percent increase

Highlights: Obama proposed a Veterans Affairs budget that takes a step toward expanding health care access to non-disabled veterans whose incomes exceed about $30,000 annually.

Those veterans didn't qualify for VA health care under the Bush administration. By 2013, the administration said 500,000 of the qualifying "Priority 8" veterans would be eligible. Obama's budget also would provide extra funding for homeless veterans and those in rural areas. It would fund upgrades to the VA's technology system to help eliminate the average six-month wait to have a disability claim processed, and to resources to implement the post-9/11 GI Bill. Sen. Patty Murray, D-Wash., a member of the Senate Veterans Affairs committee, called the proposed increases encouraging, but expressed concern. "I believe that we need to move quicker to get our 'Priority 8' veterans within the system, so that's one area I'll be looking at," Murray said.

Would a free education aff be a good idea

Mandate free education so persons in poverty can eventually get a job if they maintain a C average.

I have been thinking bout this for a while i need another point of view pelase help

Back in 1994(I'm dating myself) Homeless vets was a very popular aff. Of course, back then, instead of it being kritikal, it just had decision rules (moral obligations)about helping vets.

I actually met some people from the National Coalition for the Homeless, and they said about 25% of the homeless are veterans on any given night. That makes about 155,000 homeless veterans just in the U.S.

A better way to do that kritik would be to run Heidegger with an anthropocentrism link. The cards are definitely out there.

But again, why in veterans?

A better way to do that kritik would be to run Heidegger with an anthropocentrism link. The cards are definitely out there.

But again, why in veterans?

i had two forums up on my tabs and i was thinkin was on the monkey T one instead of vets. my bad. thanks though. are you saying that the aff would be bad cuz it is assuming humanity is the sole reason for the universe?

I was thinking about cutting a Veterans Aff and Selling it on Evazon. If anyone is interested, please let me know.

yea, i would def. be interested!

I don't think that the Non-Inherent card presented proves anything. It doesn't specify mental affairs nor PTSD. My question is, how do you access the military readiness advantage? The statement that more people will join the military because of this Mental Health Program isn't very well thought out, nor will you be able to find much readiness. Help?

I actually met some people from the National Coalition for the Homeless, and they said about 25% of the homeless are veterans on any given night. That makes about 155,000 homeless veterans just in the U.S.

Just in the US? Well, that's convenient, because the resolution is only concerned with people in the US.

That said, I don't think that card takes out anything, really.