lazyass06

Guantanamo Bay Work Group

This is all really going to be breif cuz i don't feel like taking specific warents out of the cards

1. Torture is killing soft power. We torture people in Gitmo. By denouncing torture in a protest fashion we can shoiw other countries that the people care and that boosts soft power

2. Its less about biopower and more about torture. I should rename the advantage so people don't get confused

3. we've all got bio power exercised on us so we can all effectively protest the system. and using democracy against the state breaks down biopower. Soft power solvency explained above

if any 1 wants to cut stuff about how increased soft power and hard power doesn't link to bio power be my guest

[quote name=J "One proposed solution would see the transfer of Afghan, Yemeni, and Saudi prisoners to new U.S.-built facilities located in and operated by their home nations. Another, backed by the CIA, would send the detainees to general facilities located in Egypt, Jordan, and Afghanistan.

And then, most frighteningly, there is the Pentagon's proposal: the creation of Camp 6, a $25 million state-of-the-art detention facility constructed specifically for the internment of Guantanamo prisoners."[/quote]

1. first idea doesnt solve as well, seeing taht prisoners will still be under the influence of the camp and still under biopolitical control(thats the first card). Torture will still happen in teh first CP linking back to the butler card, meaning they dont solve for the softpower/torture advatange or hard power.

2. See above, the detainees all will still be objects of biopolitical control, and the state will only create another state of exception(camp 6) to house the prisoners with-in . And there isnt any reason as to why the gov. will stop torturing and dehumanizing the prisoners, seeing as how some of those orders came straight from theh white house...

but i guess if u could find specfic solvency as why( first CP) would cause relaease or solve the adv's some other way i guess it could work. And i dont really know anyhitng about the specifics of the second cp idea, but supposing u could find cards saying how this "camp 6" would be diff. in terms of gov. control, rights, torture, etc. it could work...

PM me if u have any comments on this

Why in the world would you run a hege advantage with this case, especially hard power? It is almost exactly what every author uses as a justification for GTMO and other camps ( to protect America’s self-interest, hege, and influence). By running the BP advantage and the H.P./S.P. advantage you are essentially a double-turn out of the 1AC. This is probably the worse set-up for a 1AC I have EVER seen.

You should run then separately (harp/soft power 1AC then a BP and ‘xyz’ 1AC) and use the other as a link-turn or a way to outweigh the other.

Also, for a CP- i think that having the UN do it or Canada diong it would be a awsome solvo advocasy for next year.

Canada has some awsome ev. saying that citizenship is bad..i can explain more if need be and for the UN CP- well, there is the solvo advo. and you can run UN good as a n/b along with other relation advantages.

what the heck is biopower?

I need a card or two that says that we will still be able to fight terrorism effectively if we give them the rights of a POW.

We are poor and don't have the big evidence packets.

what the heck is biopower?

I need a card or two that says that we will still be able to fight terrorism effectively if we give them the rights of a POW.

We are poor and don't have the big evidence packets.

i might as well say it before someone else does... SEARCH FUNCTION!

The people in GTMO have been there for about 3 years, any information they have has either already been gotten out of them or won't be. Fighting terror as a reason to keep them there is simply intuitively assinine.

Why some of the people there have been there for 3 years, a lot haven't. Look at the UT case neg and the terrorism DA, while the case can kritik terror all it wants, it will never be able to get out of the double-turn story that i have above.

I've found that this case is easy to beat with anti-Zizek stuff. How do you beat Zizek sexism

i've set this case up with a state of exception advantage and a biopower advantage with a possible racism advantage add on. i could post it if anyone wants to see it

• Downvote 1

I've been trying to write one myself but I'm having a horrible time with solvency. So count me in oh and ihsdebate, that'd be awesome if you'd post it

AIM: Charlie20076266

as soon as i get the $$$ i plan on buying it but right now i'm poor. i've started working on a negative file agianst gitmo, if anyone is interested in helping email me at crazy_dude_58@hotmail.com or pm me

i bought the Evazon file; i can provide some evidence for this aff...

email: BRad72589@yahoo.com

aim: Chlorine4Me2

don't use that, seriously someone worked hard to make that don't throw it out all over the internet.

I wasn't asking him if he would post the solvency. I was j/w if the solvency in that file was good, b/c I was thinking of purchasing it. I'm sorry if my post was misleading in any way.

-Big D

I assure you the file is worth the money.

Although, I would say that its there was considerably more work done on the Policy version of the Aff, which is more my thing than Biopolitics.

I wasn't asking him if he would post the solvency. I was j/w if the solvency in that file was good, b/c I was thinking of purchasing it. I'm sorry if my post was misleading in any way.

-Big D

i was talking to him, he was going to give some of the evidence form the file out for free thats not cool i want the evidence bad but i will buy it, so i asn't talking to you