Sign in to follow this  
KCKCCdebate

KCKCC National Qualifiers Warm-Up Tournament 2009

Kansas City Kansas Community College is pleased to announce the 3rd annual Warm-Up tournament for National Qualifiers.

The tournament will be held on the campus of KCKCC the weekend of May 8th-9th, following the State Forensics weekend.

We plan to continue our tradition of:

1. Free Entry Fees

2. Excellent Judging with plenty of time for feedback

3. Hospitality for BOTH debaters and coaches/judges

4. Awards for participants

5. Open computer lab for research

6. More exciting stuff to be named at a later date

If you have qualified for CFL or NFL, you are invited. Let your coaches know. In the meantime, I will get invitations out very soon.

Those who have attended in the past can testify to the quality of competition, fun atmosphere, and celebration of KS debate that occurs.

We hope to see you in Kansas City in May.

chief

Darren Elliott

Director of Debate and Forensics

Kansas City Kansas Community College

Im heading to this tournament this year and i would just like some feedback from debaters who have participated in it before. How is the tournament run and what is the judging quality like? I just want to know what to expect here

Im heading to this tournament this year and i would just like some feedback from debaters who have participated in it before. How is the tournament run and what is the judging quality like? I just want to know what to expect here

Everyone who judges debates in college. Most of the people debate for KCKCC. It's 5 rounds in prelims and 2 3-2's broke last year and it was a fun experience plus it's free.

Thank you, im looking forward to this tournament and hopefully it will get me prepared well for nationals

I'll judge at this if you want Chief. Breaking 4th seed and dropping to the 29th seed last year was fairly embarrassing but we did alright my junior year (didn't lose a round until octos to the team that won the tournament). So I can give some meh advice on what to do and not do at the national tournament.

If I were back in town, Chief might be forced to let WinPoria debate again or at least get on the same ridiculous panel.

Agreed its time we busted out the hybrid duo that was apparently better than the 2nd in the nation team. :P Thats right Baker/Sarah I'm calling you out.

You know, I've heard that Baker has gotten a lot better :P

You have to be good if you're going to lug around Rubaie.

Friends,

Let me begin by congratulating you and your team(s) on qualifying to the NFL and/or CFL National Tournaments in Team Policy Debate. You and your students should be very proud of your accomplishments.

As a way to recognize you and your students for your accomplishments we would like to invite you to attend our 3rd annual Nationals Warm-Up Tournament at Kansas City Kansas Community College on May 8th and 9th. Last year’s tournament featured some of the best teams Kansas had to offer. We were thrilled to have such an excellent field and look forward to an equally impressive field this year.

Some highlights and why we think you should join us:

• No Entry Fee
  • Snacks and drinks provided throughout the weekend
  • Lunch provided at no charge on Saturday
  • A way to honor ALL teams who attend, congratulating them for their qualifying
  • Excellent competition prior to the National Tournament
  • A diverse judging pool that will provide excellent feedback to your students. Many of them have competed at or judged at the National Tournaments and will provide good insight into the experience
  • An open research lab

Tentative Schedule:

FRIDAY MAY 8th:

2:45pm Opening Ceremony

3:30pm Round 1

5:30pm Round 2

SATURDAY MAY 9th:

9am Round 3

11am Round 4

12:45p LUNCH

1:45pm Round 5

4pm Semi-Finals

6pm Finals

(The schedule may adjust based on entries. I will keep everyone informed as changes become necessary).

ENTRY FORM: Please email to delliott@kckcc.edu and chiefdebater@yahoo.com

Or Fax to: 913-288-7638. Please enter early so arrangements for awards and lunch can be made.

Team #1

Debater 1____________________________

Debater 2____________________________

Qualified to (circle or highlight 1) NFL CFL BOTH

Team #2

Team #3

There are a number of hotels in the area. If you need help finding a suitable hotel, please let me know.

I look forward to hosting you in May!

Sincerely,

Darren Elliott

Director of Debate and Forensics

Kansas City Kansas Community College

7250 State Avenue

Kansas City, KS 66112

delliott@kckcc.edu or chiefdebater@yahoo.com

316-214-9502 cell

Hey chief I am still not sure i will be in town but if I am are you going to be needed extra judges? I know last year you used your own debaters but there were a few others. If you do i am willing to and could see if i can get any other ex debaters to tag along.

The following teams have entered the tournament thus far:

Wichita NW Peer and Thomas

SM West Campbell and Empson

SM West Sandhu and Hou

Lawrence Speight and Ramos

Emporia Bonnet and Scherich

Olathe North Kaut and Githens

Buhler Honeycutt and Habluetzel

BV North Wood and Cull

BV North Wizig and McClung

McPherson Goering and Benson

Hutchinson Mattox and Morey

Ft Scott Braun and Zielinski

Ft Scott Doherty and Stone

Blue Valley Dean and Nichols

Blue Valley Nichols and Fitzpatrick

chief

Edited by KCKCCdebate

This tournament was tight.

I seem to recall me getting schooled by you at this tournament. Damn you SME people and your tiny affs I don't have anything to say to.

protip: Pat only got better after high school.

Hey chief I am still not sure i will be in town but if I am are you going to be needed extra judges? I know last year you used your own debaters but there were a few others. If you do i am willing to and could see if i can get any other ex debaters to tag along.

Junkie!

The team list above is the most updated. Added Ft Scott a few days ago. Am expecting confirmation from the 2 Blue Valley teams. then it will be pretty set as far as I know.

chief