amitpop

Infamous cards

You know no ones mentioned Gilligan yet, I mean come on people.

EDIT: Or Abu Jamal (I just cite it from Gilligan)

Edited by Killa Kev
  • Downvote 1

Chalko anything. "Global warming makes the Earth EXPLODE!!!!" Crackpot...

haha yea lol. i was reading that the other day, the other team was just like wtf o_O. they just went up thee and were like "that's BS" end of story.

• Downvote 1

Mead In 92 Most Used Piece Of Evidence

It's probably still very common, but if you are smart you would think about using Mead 09... It is admittedly not a nuclear war, just a great power war, but at least it's not empirically denied like Mead 92 and Bearden.

• Downvote 1

Nyquist 99 is pretty well known, says that nuclear war won't cause extinction. Also I've heard more and more Herrod 04 alts in cap k debates. And Layne is everywhere for hegemony.

alexander 03

Thats the terrorism impact card, right?

anyways, my team uses that card.

One round, the other team was convinced that 9/11 was more recent, thus out dating ours.

Deutsche card.

RABID TIGERS! AAAGGH!!!

Also, the power wars ev whose warrant is something like "if we decided to haul off and let China have it in the chops."

• Upvote 1

Also the Harvard Nuclear Studies Group ev....gotta talk about nuke war to squash that shit!

It's probably still very common, but if you are smart you would think about using Mead 09... It is admittedly not a nuclear war, just a great power war, but at least it's not empirically denied like Mead 92 and Bearden.

I heard a lot of talk about this evidence in February when it was released but I've never seen it read in an actual round.

• Upvote 1

it has more warrants then the 92 card and the one from the late 90s, but as another poster mentioned does not say nuc war

I think petro needs a plug - liberty reigns supreme

Trainor - dev = bad (but you can't escape it)

• Upvote 1

And speaking of Shell, you might want to look at his infinite risk analysis (mathematically incorrect, but devestating in a debate round.) It's something like .000001 times infinity is still infinity.

you're right about one part. its still infinitely stupid. here's a scenario:

rob goes crazy, breaks into the white house, tackles the guy with the football and robs him of the codes, hijacks air force one as the president is trying to escape, holds a gun to obama's head, forces nuclear armageddon which spills over into nuclear winter and everyone is dead.

according the the infinite risk x small probability = infinite risk, we should be locking you up and waterboarding you right now until you give up all your co-conspirators.

matters of infinitely small risk are ignored as a routine fact of life. otherwise you would never take a single drug (prescription or otherwise) or even get in your car.

• Upvote 1

yaccording the the infinite risk x small probability = infinite risk, we should be locking you up and waterboarding you right now until you give up all your co-conspirators.
I'm on it. Rob will be begging for waterboarding when I'm done with him...

rob goes crazy, breaks into the white house, tackles the guy with the football and robs him of the codes, hijacks air force one as the president is trying to escape, holds a gun to obama's head, forces nuclear armageddon which spills over into nuclear winter and everyone is dead.

according the the infinite risk x small probability = infinite risk, we should be locking you up and waterboarding you right now until you give up all your co-conspirators.

Wow. I'm a badass.

C'mon Ian, give me your best shot. I was a public school teacher. Ya got nothing. ;)

Definitely this one card we have in a sample abortion aff. It's titled: "Patriarchy leads to Nuclear War."

It may not be infamous, but it's pretty funny.

spicer : trade wars go nuclear

calibrisi : THE fism author

ornstein : winners win

barndt : racism impact

montagu & matson : the original dehume impact that berube quotes

elmore : stupid aspek card

etc etc

Easily. Calibrisi 95. Worst Overused Card Ever.

Easily. Calibrisi 95. Worst Overused Card Ever.

You can't really say it's overused, though, because Calibrisi wrote a hell of a lot about federalism in 1995; you could probably find dozens of different cards under that same shortened cite.