Knights who say Ni

Debaters Top weekly polls

I will start weekly anonymous polls on the debaters in the Mountain Region we can think of that debate currently. I'm horrible with names though so lets get a list of names.

Seeing as we have very very little activity the polls might be extended to two weeks until we increase activity.

Discuss and Post Debaters.

***Disclaimer****

Due to legal reasons anyone that find post offensive should file a complaint that it located by clicking the new thread button then post your complaint. You will then be mocked by almost all of us but don't worry you deserve it.

Depending on the input I will start this either next Monday Jan. 12 or the next next Monday Jan. 19

• Downvote 3

I will start weekly anonymous polls on the debaters in the Mountain Region we can think of that debate currently. I'm horrible with names though so lets get a list of names.

Seeing as we have very very little activity the polls might be extended to two weeks until we increase activity.

Discuss and Post Debaters.

***Disclaimer****

Due to legal reasons anyone that find post offensive should file a complaint that it located by clicking the new thread button then post your complaint. You will then be mocked by almost all of us but don't worry you deserve it.

Depending on the input I will start this either next Monday Jan. 12 or the next next Monday Jan. 19

do it as wyo and co though not togehter

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Neg Rep: "bad idea"

thanks that's helpful explain yourself.

Burden of Proof.

*edit: people are idiots I don't care about my ranking I'm just trying to start it*

Edited by montypython
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

The Wyo kids always want to do this; I think it's 'cause they know CO teams are so much better.

Or because East is close to the only Wyo team to debate in Colorado. Therefor colorado kids wouldn't know if all the wyo teams that are posted are good or not. Also can be said for the wyo teams not knowing many of the colorado debaters. Virtually the only tourny they see each other a t is Chey East.

I don't have an archive of results or anything, but when was the last time a Wyoming team won Chey East?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I don't have an archive of results or anything, but when was the last time a Wyoming team won Chey East?

Thats not what i was saying. I was saying that is the only time wyo and colorado teams debate each other. The only constant wyo team that debates at co tournie's is Chey East.

I don't know when it was, but I know its not an accurate measure of Wyoming's ability. Chey East is usually the strongest school in Wyoming, but Chey East teams do not debate at their own tournament.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I don't know when it was, but I know its not an accurate measure of Wyoming's ability. Chey East is usually the strongest school in Wyoming, but Chey East teams do not debate at their own tournament.

Thanks!

• Upvote 1

Here is a list of all the active green river cx debaters

Most active longest are bolded

Green River

-----------

Randi McClure ('10)

Tiffany Adamski ('10)

Kasey Ballard ('09)

Courtney McDonald ('10)

Deven Ronning ('10)

Erin Jarnigan ('09)

Chrissy Whisnaunt ('12)

Sara Harris ('12)

Bethany Jones ('11)

Anna Hartford ('11)

Amy Pauli ('09)

Here is a list of all the active green river cx debaters

Most active longest are bolded

Green River

-----------

Randi McClure ('10)

Tiffany Adamski ('10)

Kasey Ballard ('09)

Courtney McDonald ('10)

Deven Ronning ('10)

Erin Jarnigan ('09)

Chrissy Whisnaunt ('12)

Sara Harris ('12)

Bethany Jones ('11)

Anna Hartford ('11)

Amy Pauli ('09)

Are we doing it as teams or individuals? The bolded have debated the most and are the teams that compete some in Colorado as well.

Jared Fanning

Ben Berry

Jon Swartz

Travis Deville

Shannon Washburn

Brad Godfrey

Keith Dickens

Tasha McMillon

Nolan Rapp

Pete Bergene

• Downvote 1

Who was the last East team to win state? I know that East was a really good policy team before I was in high school...like Will, T-Cram, and Martin Osborn. Also I don't know who is good in Wyoming anymore, there were some decent young debaters who might have gotten a lot better.

Who was the last East team to win state? I know that East was a really good policy team before I was in high school...like Will, T-Cram, and Martin Osborn. Also I don't know who is good in Wyoming anymore, there were some decent young debaters who might have gotten a lot better.

oh man, back in the day! In fact . . . Ozzie judged me R1 today . . . before that debate started, I was warming up in the hall and TCram conveniently yelled louder at me. Although I did not see Will today, Delo did conveniently flip me off while repping some UW gear.

See, nothing has changed at all.

Hey guys, you spelled my name wrong... its Kacey.

Kasey is a boys name spelling... and well I'm not a boy.

(last time I checked)

Hahah.

Anyways, why did we single out East and Green River here?

• Upvote 1

Actually the last time East won state was 2003-2004 with a close-out: Becca Fisher & Wiley Combs/Matt Goetter & Sagar Gondalia.

Hey guys, you spelled my name wrong... its Kacey.

Kasey is a boys name spelling... and well I'm not a boy.

(last time I checked)

Hahah.

Anyways, why did we single out East and Green River here?

We didn't we just didn't place other teams. Only our teams

The last decade of Wyoming State Champions looks something like this:

2009:

Newcastle Cleverdon/Patel

2008:

Powell Norberg/Moore

2007:

Worland Bryan Bryngleson/Todd Jolley

Worland Ryan Schaal/Ryan Waterworth

2006:

Worland Mike McDonald/Justin Waterworth

2005:

Kelly Walsh Brett Delany/Jake Ginsbach

2004:

Cheyenne East Wiley Combs/Becca Fisher

Cheyenne East Matt Goetter/Sagar Gondalia

2003:

Cheyenne East Travis Cram/Becca Fisher

2002:

Cheyenne East Travis Cram/Brian DeLong

Cheyenne East Chris Crowe/Chris Loghry

Cheyenne East Becca Fisher/Sagar Gondalia

2001:

Cheyenne East Dusty Hixenbaugh/Aaron Lyttle

Cheyenne East Chris Crowe/Micah Wolter

2000:

Cheyenne East Aaron Lyttle/Jeremy Shufflebarger

Cheyenne East Dusty Hixenbaugh/Jay Payne

A couple of interesting facts:

Only two people have won the tournament three times: Travis Cram & Becca Fisher (both from Cheyenne East, but won it partnered with each other once and with other partners twice).

A sophomore/sophomore team won the tournament in 2002: Becca Fisher & Sagar Gondalia.

Cheyenne East won five years, Worland two, with no other school winning more than once.

The tournament was closed out 5 times (Cheyenne East 4, Worland 1). To the best of my knowledge, no team closed out the tournament before this decade.

Cheyenne East qualified two teams to the Tournament of Champions in 2003: Travis Cram & Becca Fisher and Will Jensen/Martin Osborn. The entire states of Wyoming and Colorado didn't qualify a team for a gajillion years before that and have not since.

Edited by VelCrowe66

The last decade of Wyoming State Champions looks something like this:

2009:

Newcastle Cleverdon/Patel

2008:

Powell Norberg/Moore

2007:

Worland Bryan Bryngleson/Todd Jolley

Worland Ryan Schaal/Ryan Waterworth

2006:

Worland Mike McDonald/Justin Waterworth

2005:

Kelly Walsh Brett Delany/Jake Ginsbach

2004:

Cheyenne East Wiley Combs/Becca Fisher

Cheyenne East Matt Goetter/Sagar Gondalia

2003:

Cheyenne East Travis Cram/Becca Fisher

2002:

Cheyenne East Becca Fisher/Sagar Gondalia

2001:

Cheyenne East Dusty Hixenbaugh/Aaron Lyttle

2000:

Cheyenne East Aaron Lyttle/Jeremy Shufflebarger

Cheyenne East Dusty Hixenbaugh/Jay Payne

A couple of interesting facts:

Only two people have won the tournament three times: Travis Cram & Becca Fisher (both from Cheyenne East, but won it partnered with each other once and with other partners twice).

A sophomore/sophomore team won the tournament in 2002: Becca Fisher & Sagar Gondalia.

Cheyenne East won five years, Worland two, with no other school winning more than once.

The tournament was closed out 5 times (Cheyenne East 4, Worland 1). To the best of my knowledge, no team closed out the tournament before this decade.

Cheyenne East qualified two teams to the Tournament of Champions in 2003: Travis Cram & Becca Fisher and Will Jensen/Martin Osborn. The entire states of Wyoming and Colorado didn't qualify a team for a gajillion years before that and have not since.

The only reason Worland is not on the toc list with jon ryan and quincy stoot is bc cornell loschen our very nice coach wouldnt let them try to qual for toc, fyi. They did how ever take 13th at nats, which isnt as good as martin O but still very respectable.

Secondly, chey east hasent won a state cross-x champ round since '04, so whoever said that they were the best team in wyoming, dont be so quick to judge.

Thirdly i belive that worland did take sweeps at chey east in 05, for whoever asked when the last time a wyoming team took east.

And chris this isnt at all ment to be a dickish move just sticking up for the good old days

btw what place did t-cram take at nats?

Edited by Bresach to the D

Tcram & Delo took 10th at nats.

Will Jensen & Martin Osborn took 7th.

Danielle Jensen & Brittany Parsons placed in the top 20.

And chris this isnt at all ment to be a dickish move just sticking up for the good old days

I wouldn't expect anything less than sticking up for your alma mater. I just posted the State results so people can judge for themselves which teams have been doing well. A list of national qualifiers from the last decade would probably shed some light too, as it's often got plenty of good debaters that didn't win State.

As to travel being the sole reason John and Quincy didn't qualify to the TOC: I liked those dudes and didn't get to see them debate enough, but about a thousand debaters a year can make this argument.

I almost forgot. I don't know if Greg was joking on page one of this thread about Colorado being better than Wyoming, but it doesn't matter either way: Wyoming has a pretty decent history of winning a range of the biggest, most competitive Colorado tournaments. When numbers at tournaments like Hell of the West and Denver East were up near the 60s, Wyoming won those tournaments.

So if that comment was in jest, so is mine. If it was serious, read my comment as being very, very angry. ;)