Sign in to follow this  
Kissinger91

Your top 15

Great...if you are their coach teach your team to carry itself properly. Corey's comment was unnecessary and rooted in past animosity, that I think most people have grown out of. He himself isn't a good debater, nor has he had any success at the collegiate level. Therefore he shouldn't be saying much, if anything at all.

I don't think you've judged me and I'm positive you don't know me. As far as me deleting my post...I decided it wasn't worth knowing.

From what Jace tells me you are a good guy and a good debater...so I don't want to argue with you. I just feel that the behavior of college debaters should be a little different from that of high school students, but unfortunately Lande doesn't understand that.

I do not know what 'behavior' you are referencing; if you think so little of Corey I'm not sure why you would care about his one-line comment. Regardless, there is no 'joke' of the Missouri State squad. College debate is hard. I would appreciate, however, you not making assumptions about a team that's not your own.

I do not know what 'behavior' you are referencing; if you think so little of Corey I'm not sure why you would care about his one-line comment. Regardless, there is no 'joke' of the Missouri State squad. College debate is hard. I would appreciate, however, you not making assumptions about a team that's not your own.

Kearney= G** of debate that will rain down this most lethal evidence on you :)

• Upvote 1

I couldn't disagree with this more. If anything college debaters should randomly fling shit at other people because there is no check on anything they have to say. Additionally we should go out of our way to tell high school debaters they fucking suck, (I consider Tommy a high school debater.) We aren't checked by anyone, I can tell any coach to go fuck themselves finally, and nothing bad can happen to me.

On Zain, Zain is to legit to quit. In college my interactions with him suggest he is not an arrogant prick, or at the very least has matured. Go figure ^(quoted comment suggests he has more so than me).

LOLZ

1. LOL REALLY? I love how a joke that is pretty much understood across the board by missouri debaters was taken out of proportion.

2. Im a bad debater? Granted I havent had much success this year in college but hey transitions are rough sometimes. If I remember you didnt do to well either your freshman year in college either Zain.

PS- If I am such a bad debater then how was it that I was able to beat you in high school? ;)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1. LOL REALLY? I love how a joke that is pretty much understood across the board by missouri debaters was taken out of proportion.

2. Im a bad debater? Granted I havent had much success this year in college but hey transitions are rough sometimes. If I remember you didnt do to well either your freshman year in college either Zain.

PS- If I am such a bad debater then how was it that I was able to beat you in high school? ;)

Oh snap! It's on.

FIGHT!

In summation, Kearney wins, Zain still sucks, and for the first time in history I think Corey Lande is right.

• Downvote 1

Whoah guys. I like Zain and i'll tell you why. Everyone else seems to hate therefore i like you and if you ever judge in our district, remember i said you are cool.

Edited by My Pet Monster
MPM Acceptable post policy.

2 years of policy.

There is about a 90% chance ill be at Wake next year for a policy tourny, maybe Harvard or Kentucky as well.

Also, Josh hasn't had the option to go to CEDA cus nationals hasn't even occurred yet.

Also, this is his first year doing policy and debating in Open.

And your argument is literally "my record sucks because I went to good tournaments" and "my record sucks because it includes outrounds"

thats your defense?

Really?

Seriously?

lol.

Whoah guys. I like Zain and i'll tell you why. Everyone else seems to hate therefore i like you and if you ever judge in our district, remember i said you are cool.

trust me this is a skewed sampling...and personal grudges don't have weight in my judging philosophy, so don't worry about it.

trust me this is a skewed sampling...and personal grudges don't have weight in my judging philosophy, so don't worry about it.

Fair enough that's pretty cool. Good judging philosophy

Wow.

I'm not going to take the time to mock your "achievement" of winning state whenever there was no one left in the activity except for a handful of debters from south mo.

But what I do find funny is this

http://commweb.fullerton.edu/jbruschke/web/ShowResults.aspx

Quick summary: 36 debates, 14 wins, 21 losses, 1 byes.

wow zain. That is an impressive record you got there buddy. Looks like you are face crushing teams all over the country with your mad debate skillz.

I could be wrong. but I think I have been in this activity half as long as you and have done more in the realm of accomplishments across the board of debate. But ths isn't a bragging forum, it's a forum directed for all of the debaters who are actually good at debate to mock you. Flame away.

P.S. With such a sick record I bet you're a guaranteed for a first round bid to the NDT. Maybe, just maybe Bruschke messed up somewhere when he updated the points and you were really supposed to be the #1 team in the country. Idk though, all of those accomplishments you've achieved might be enough regardless of your win/loss record.

P.S.S. Still waiting for your mocking fest of my success as a college debater...really...waiting for it...keep doing your google search for Parli teams win/loss records, I'll wait.

Look, I don't know most of you here. But in college, I can attest that Zain is a strong debater and a nice kid (I've debated him a few times this year and last year as well). I don't know what the quality of other Missouri debaters are or whatever, but he's definitely NOT a "joke" debater.

Good luck at Wake, etc, if you decide to debate there, Tdooley.

-Shree

• Downvote 1

Once again, I would like to thank Nick and Mary Ann and Rob for bringing this to all of our attention. It was the gut check and slap in the face I needed to realize that I do hurt people in the community and I do bully people. I will promise and guarantee to everyone that I will work on this both inside the rounds and outside of the rounds. Anyone who was there learned a lesson and although it wasn't on video or anything of the sort I hope we can all learn something from this. I hope we can learn to love and cherish debate as an activity and a communty. I hope we can respect one another and love one another as individuals and as teams. It's not often people get to set aside their differences in world that dictates who you ought to be and why, but we get to do it for atleast one weekend a month if not more. To all the judges I have ever flipped out on, I apologize for you are the reason this activity exists. It is because of the stepping stones that you all have established in your prior debate careers that we are here today. To all the competitors, I am nothing more than competitor too, i am not superior, i am not special, I am on the same level as you and I apologize if I have ever made you feel anything less than that.

**In starting off, Tyler, I realize that there's a slight difference in context between the shit going down in this thread, and the thread about The Liberty Consensus, but I feel like the same sentiment should be ecumenical, neh?

Guys, this shit is fucking disgusting. I've been watching this thread and the Bitchfest thread pretty actively the past couple of days, and so far have been able to hold my tongue, but this is ridiculous. Everyone needs to take a step back and think about what they're doing to themselves, each other, and the community as a whole.

Constantly on this forum, people bitch about the impending death of policy debate, some saying that it's already happened, but in numerous discussions nobody's been able to reach a consensus about why shit's getting sour. But I think the first thing this community can do for self diagnosis is look in the goddamn mirror at the way that we talk to each other, the way that we come off to others, and the kind of attitudes we justify.

Everyone says, naw, dude, it's the crazy arguments, and the speed, and the weird shit that goes down in round that makes us seem odd to outsiders, but I guarantee more people would be interested in debate if everyone just took their head out of their ass and started behaving like human beings. Bet schools will like you better to. I bet you coaches would be more apt to push policy over PuF (just based on conversation and shit).

I appreciate that no one liked Zain when he was at Liberty. But, for what it's worth, you can let that die. Even Keegan, who I usually think is amongst the worst of us about being a douche, has said that Zain's down now. Granted, I never had problems getting along with Zain, so, eh. But at the end of the day, this just seems a lot like the Hillcrest thread from last year where Christian Johns left a pretty innocuous comment, and Pearson turned it into the prequel to bitchfest. The aggression carried out on the Carthage team last year, which, if you read it, was all bullshit, is not necessarily any different than the shit that happens here.

But people, quit being fucking asshats. We are the problem. Fix it.

**This post was a lot longer, but I've found that it's a good strategy to heavily revise shit you write when you're irritated, so, it may seem jumbled and ineffective, but, it's been pared down for consumption.

Peace,

BR

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

eh ur right about the post i had made on another forum ben, but the stuff zain does, says etc is a completely different context, history, and intent. but all of that aside ur right.

like i said, idk if we are ven going, something thats just on the table. id be willing to put money down on breaking though. i'm sure thats against the law somewhere so ill put beer on the table instead.

State

HOA

1. Daniel Plott

1. Matt Greenberg

1. Brandi Berner

1. Jasmine Heitz

It's not like any other teams in our district are worth talking about except us

Fuck you...

Wes > All of HoA

That boy's like Chad Pennington, I'll be his Joey Porter and brag for him...

I RETRACT THE ABOVE STATEMENTS

Edited by Al-Shaitan
I posted prematurely...he gave Wes "Ready to Rumble" Rumbaugh his street cred...

I've discovered that you are, in fact, Zain Pasha. *I* am a coach of Missouri State and my name is in my profile. *I* judged *you* when you were in high school. If i remember correctly, you were the most arrogant, bad-debater i had ever seen.

In fact, 'zain' is a joke used by several Missouri debaters to identify debaters with a skewed-arrogance-to-skill-ratio.

Edit: Zain had just posted 'who are you?' above this but deleted his post.

QFA

OWNED

Bullshit, everyone hates you for good reason...

Eat an IED you bastard...

....oh Sohail, junior high is over...get over your adolescent grudges

Edited by debaterness88

Wait Tyler Dooley you are putting money down that you will break at Wake? And you still go to Washburn, right? and we are talking about open? I dont think that Wake offers anything else. The collegiate tournament, the Shirley Classic. I have nothing against Washburn or Parli or NFA LD or anything like that. I will take that bet though if that is the case. For sure let me know the bet and we will work something out.

Jamie

Fuck you...

Wes > All of HoA

That boy's like Chad Pennington, I'll be his Joey Porter and brag for him...

i take offense to this. i don't throw a football like a 6th grade girl.

• Upvote 1

Bleh, I had a post but for some reason it didn't get posted on here.

But in short...

yay for making it to Keegan's signature

Yes, Jamie, we would be competing in open, yes we would have coaching by current NDT coaches that people are familiar with.

Like I said, it depends on our resources, it's something our coaches have toyed with for a while.

Yes I would accept the bet Keegan.

And yeah, I guess parli is still a joke to all the policy debaters in the world. Even funnier though is beating those policy kids in parli because they think it is a joke which is something my partner and I have done a few times this years, and yes they were rounds judged by Policy debate coaches like Ben Mieches and Mike Meredith.

Idk, I think before you guys just shit talk parli debaters you should go watch Calderwood/Testerman or myself and my partner sometime. In some instances it is more innovative, technical, and faster than policy debate. Anyone can read blocks at 400wpm with a little bit of coaching. But can you memorize those blocks and read them at any given time at 500wpm?

I would put the top teams of the top 5 schools in parli right now up against some policy teams and see what happens. Hell, if you wanna take a dab into that wonderful world of "non-debate" let me know. I can gt you into a tourny without having to pay any fees and get you a place to stay. It'd be worth it to see.

• Downvote 1