V.I. Lenin

Student Occupation at the New School

A group of students at the New School in New York City are currently occupying an academic building in protest. They're demanding changes in administrative and financial practices at the school, and the immediate termination of a few high-ranking and extremely unpopular executives.

I figured this would be an appropriate place to discuss the ongoing situation. I have a good friend among the occupiers, and knowing him I am led to believe that the movement is strongly informed by the continental tradition. I also recall that there is at least one regular poster in the Critiques forum who is/was a New School Student.

Anyway, more info here:

http://newschoolinexile.com/

http://www.newschoolinexileblog.blogspot.com/

EDIT: Other students protesting in solidarity outside have successfully broken in; students from various schools now control the entire building.

great example of how individual resistance can make a change to ones own environment that can show that maybe college students can change their the way their colleges do business and hopefully make less of a business

viva la nyc rev lets take this shit to the streets or at least other instiutions of higher edu sounds like the president of the school is a mega douche

viva la nyc rev lets take this shit to the streets or at least other instiutions of higher edu sounds like the president of the school is a mega douche
Find out for yourself. He's former U.S. Senator Bob Kerrey. And as a good little debater, you should probably try to get both sides, or at least verify the student's claims before accepting them as true...