Shes legal in dog years

Tom's Choice: The Minnesota Gophers

goldygopher.gif

The minnesota golden gophers lead the big 10 so far this season with the best record (7-0). They are a young team but in 1 year Tubby Smith has brought them from ??? team to a post-season birth team (getting bid to the NIT) and missing the madness of march by 1 game.

The are lead by Lawrence Westbrook, a very quick guard.

Players to look out for: Colton Iverson and Ralph Sampson III. Both these players were espnu100 top-30 players. They are quick, can rebound and know how to score deep. Both players have a good shot to about 15-20 feet out and they also know how to drive it in. Don't count T. Smith's team out of the big 10 because of an easy schedule, they may not be a Duke or North Carolina (thank god!), but they will make it into the big dance as a 10th ranked team. Mark my words.

sampson's overrated. iverson i'm not sold on either. and i don't think they were top 30 overall players. top 30 centers maybe..

westbrook could get good this year now that his hand is finally not effed up

their defense is swarming and they get more blocks than any team i've seen. reminds me a lot of mike davis's defense at UAB right now. amoeba like. this is the strength of the team.

they have a long way to go before they get into the dance. indiana may have left a tourney spot from last year open, but there's no way minny gets a ten spot i don't think.

During the football games, the golpher will do as many push-ups as points we have scored after each touchdown (after 7 points he does 7, after 14 he does 14, after 21 he does 21, etc etc).

He's not only badass and golden (from showers) but is also very fit.

Tom, you're new to Minnesota so you may not have realized this year, but the U of M, especially in basketball and football, loves to schedule teams that you've never heard of at the start of the season. That's why the Gophers always go something like 6-0 in football and end up 7-5 or so. Sure they beat Virginia, which is an actual school, but they're really not that good. I'd like to hope you're right, but hold your horses.

Also Blake Hoffarber = Human Highlight Reel

State, Wisky, Minnesota, Purdue, Ohio State, and the Douchebags could all make the tourney.

When half the league is tourney caliber, its a good league.

. i'm still not sold on wisconsin for example

I shall sell you on Wisconsin. They have one non conf game remaining. A beatable Texas team on their unbeatable court. Even if they lose that they still have 9 wins.

They have 10 Big Ten Home games left (not us, thos). They will win at least 9 of these. Plus 3-5 more road wins agaisnt the weaker schools. Thatll put them at 22+ wins on the season.

Big name Big 10 schools with 22+ wins make the tourney.