Uhm the funniest DA i heard was investor confidence da.

I ran it the weekend of september 19-20

Lehman Brothers anyone?

Needless to say i didnt drop a round w it because everyones answers were wtf man. it was funny

Then there was the whole columbian coal da about like dehum of children.

ptx is always funny.

EDIT: sign neg rep especially if all it says is your annoying you sound like a pfd debater

Edited by TheSteveWoodExperience
  • Downvote 1

Uhm the funniest DA i heard was investor confidence da.

I ran it the weekend of september 19-20

Lehman Brothers anyone?

Needless to say i didnt drop a round w it because everyones answers were wtf man. it was funny

Then there was the whole columbian coal da about like dehum of children.

ptx is always funny.

none of these are that funny or odd...

• Downvote 1

what makes this DA really crazy is that it doesn't have uniqueness or link

QFA, if anything your A. card would make your DA non-unique. No wonder you lost.

At the flowermound tournament this team ran ice age da...

but their impact was ice age makes the earth habitable for aliens resulting in a intergalactic resource war.

I have to admit it was pretty balling except they didnt link because we didnt claim to solve warming

At the flowermound tournament this team ran ice age da...

but their impact was ice age makes the earth habitable for aliens resulting in a intergalactic resource war.

I have to admit it was pretty balling except they didnt link because we didnt claim to solve warming

Global Warming is bad

Posted January 24th, 2009 at 03:17 PM by King of All Cosmos

Global warming is real, it's caused by humans, and it is caused by increased levels of carbon in the atmosphere. These things are proven and obvious. Also obvious and true are some of the reasons why global warming is bad. It will cause glaciers to melt which will cause water shortages for billions, causing water wars, especially in Asia due to the high prevalence of Himalayan glacier fed springs. Warming will shorten crop cycles and lead to food shortages, causing resource wars and starvation. Some of these wars might go nuclear. However, there exists one greater reason why warming is devastating to humanity. It causes alien invasion. That's right, warming leads to alien invasion. There are several alien species that exist that seek out planets with the capacity to support life. However, the aggressive species of these aliens seek planets slightly hotter than the earth is. Or at least, was until recently. The more the earth warms, the more likely these aliens will desire it for its resources and ability to support their way of life. Additionally, the method the aliens use to find suitable planets is based almost entirely on temperature readings. The earth is on the bring of being hot enough. If warming is not slowed in the next four months, and slowed substantially in the next eleven years, the aliens will find the earth and destroy all life on it with their super technologies. This will not only be the extinction of humanity, but the end of all life from this earth, in favor of the colonization of alien aggressors.

here's a link turn..

Edited by Tyrone Biggums

The Alien DAs would make it unlikely for the negs to win because the affs:cool: can say there is no evidence that aliens will really come! By distroying one of the links, the affs would win over the DA. As a neg I would not run this unless I was POSITIVE I was losing but then the DA would make the round a lot more fun!

• Downvote 1

the craziest one i have heard is that the Use of condoms to prevents AIDS in south africa will cause nuclear war and thus bring about the end of the world.

the craziest one i have heard is that the Use of condoms to prevents AIDS in south africa will cause nuclear war and thus bring about the end of the world.

Ditto Sharath

We had some debates where we came up with some crazy ones. The best I've heard was today when our coach showed us one where the end result is human extinction, the world going into an ice age, and ghosts haunting the survivors until Chuck Norris could save them. By beating the crap out of the ghosts.

wow, you guys havn't seen anything. Lets see, probably the craziest is the Bee's DA, Bee's dying from cell phone radiation, poor people dont have cell phones, poverty increasing, doing plan stops this, less people in poverty / no increase in the impoverished = more phones = bees die = plants dont get pollinated = we all die...

So stupid and we won the round but its still funny...

Also, Chromium DA, Chromium use low now, the impoverished dont use Chromium (also chromium is essentially a mineral component used to coat most shiny metal objects [iTS CHROME]) plan reduces poverty, increases chromium usage, chrome key to _______ <--- idk what BS they put in here it was key to some stupid thing and i've seen it run twice, 1 where they actually turn it into malthus da, as in _______ key to population control, or _______ key to stopping prolif then impacts out from there