Plan causes Bush to pass legislation that makes US and Japan get buddy-buddy.

This makes China build up nukes.

This leads to nuke war.

We asked if they had evidence saying that Bush had any intention of passing legislation in his last two months in office. They said "no, but it is possible."

The Japan DA? That one isn't all that strange, I actually like it. The guys who ran it sound clueless though, the actual way it works is--

US-Japanese relations (JASA) are at an all time low

There will be JASA cooperation on AE, strengthening relations

A strong JASA will make China feel contained

Chinese containment results in Nuclear war, extinction, etc.

The one I have doesn't have anything to do with Bush, but I'm pretty sure it's the same idea.

Oh, I see. We happened to also have some uniqueness evidence about US-Japan relations high now, but yes, our opponents pretty much had no clue what they were talking about. Their T argument:

Alternative energies must replace oil.

>>>>I think you have too much of a debate oriented mindset when it comes to terms like "patriarchy" or "feminizing".

What did you mean?

I think you have an overtly (Aff v. Neg) idea of how those ideas work. The world is about balance, and I think that debate is showing a shift toward balancing arguments as permutations that solve back most problems like that. I just think your mindset is too old school/not very educated in the lit.

Also, you don't know how to use quote.

• Downvote 1

hey i heard someone say priority DA. Can anyone PM me for my email and maybe we can swap some ev if anyone has new or rare DAs or other files. I have new affs and some new DAs I'm working on right now that are promising

The Japan DA? That one isn't all that strange, I actually like it. The guys who ran it sound clueless though, the actual way it works is--

US-Japanese relations (JASA) are at an all time low

There will be JASA cooperation on AE, strengthening relations

A strong JASA will make China feel contained

Chinese containment results in Nuclear war, extinction, etc.

The one I have doesn't have anything to do with Bush, but I'm pretty sure it's the same idea.

As i understand it, he's talking about a politics DA, which makes the fact that Bush isn't passing it now make sense with the DA. i.e. the plan causes a faction in Congress to get angry at Bush, and he appeases them by passing something that helps US-Japanese relations.

i think the craziest was SDI ice da imo

You realize that, besides the fact that we've discussed this already, most camps put out an Ice DA? And the Ice DA has been ran for many, many, many years. And if you want to look at DAs from a probability standpoint its PROBABLY no crazier of an idea than what your "go to" DA is.

One team read ice age disad against us, and i thought it was pretty funny. Even so, I just answered it with some evidence and an analytical that we are just returning levels to normal, what they used to be. There wasn't an ice age when warming levels were normal right? They they proceed to say we OUTWEIGH. One of our impacts was extinction, and they say OUTWEIGH. Guess what their argument was? GIANT SLABS OF ICE ARE HEAVIER THAN NUCLEAR BOMBS EVER COULD BE, SO WE OUTWEIGH. Talk about literally outweighing. Can you believe this stuff?

...really...can you believe this stuff...

But yes' date=' you're right; dont run it because its not a winning strategy at the TOC.[/quote']

lolz christos dinn't josh branson lose on spark in finals of the TOC?

lol

• Downvote 1

I've heard of a "Biofuels cause Schizophrenia, which causes suicide" DA.

haha,

in my aff I have a section (that I leave out, but it is there just in case) where I have a corn ethanol leads to schizo harm.

I've heard of a "Biofuels cause Schizophrenia, which causes suicide" DA.

ROFL, no...

Its Biofuels lead to Famine which leads to Schizo :)

i have this as an advantage in my case... i always get a ton of CX questions about it but no arguments against it lol, i laughed for about 10 min when i found the article saying famine ---> schizo

EDIT: at district yesterday in semis the judges busted out laughing when my partner read schizo ---> suicide

Edited by Aaron100

Yeah SETI is pretty fun. Case specific to SPS saying that the microwave frequencies interfere with alien detecting technology. haha that still isnt as crazy as my straight aliens da. The link is aliens dont like alternative energy and will attack us if we develop it.

Yeah SETI is pretty fun. Case specific to SPS saying that the microwave frequencies interfere with alien detecting technology. haha that still isnt as crazy as my straight aliens da. The link is aliens dont like alternative energy and will attack us if we develop it.

how do you win the inherency debate with that?

Edited by anand011892
spelling

Another strange one is the lunar mining disad for SPS

Link: SPS leads to lunar mining

I/L: Lunar mining causes the moon to pull away from the earth

!: Extinction of some form I believe, think it had to do with the tides

spending DA

Nah this DA is a little crazy b/c with all the $ the U.S.F.G. is spending on Stimulus, its like is the U.S. on the Brink of Economic Destruction or does the Aff spending have such a low threshold, that these impacts won't happen?? Like its an unaswerable question. And then most Affirmative don't even $, but just gives out tax brakes, BUt THEN the tax brakes make the U.S. lose in coming money, but then the other team will argue "oh okay how much money is that" AND ITS LIKE A NEVER ENDING FU%&*&KING CYCLE!!!

One time I judged a Novice debate round, and it ended up coming down to a Spending DA, and what I said up there was basically what happend, lol.

But honestly I think the Craziest DA's this year were Rights Malthus (which is a good answer to Externalization) and The October Surprise DA.

I've hit an Greenland DA.

U- Global warming keeping Greenland ice to melt, thats good, can change

L- Plan solves global warming

I- Greeland exports key to US, Global econ collapse -> Nuclear war

We lost that round.

My partner and I were bored and novices with no idea how to debate during the alternative energy debate. One round we knew we were going to lose, so we ran the infamous Zombie DA I put together out of boredom:

A. Nuclear Energy is on the rise in America

B. Nuclear Energy causes nuclear waste

C. Nuclear Waste seeps into graves and causes to dead to be reanimated

D. Zombies will walk the earth and destroy civilization

Needless to say, we lost the round. But we were expecting it anyway. Plus, my partner loved the DA, and was kind of waiting for the perfect round to run it.

lol, something like this for poverty. link could be something like aliens need poor people to abduct (if you've noticed, not too many of the smart/rich people are claiming to have been abducted).

Edited by highlandmike

My partner and I were bored and novices with no idea how to debate during the alternative energy debate. One round we knew we were going to lose, so we ran the infamous Zombie DA I put together out of boredom:

A. Nuclear Energy is on the rise in America

B. Nuclear Energy causes nuclear waste

C. Nuclear Waste seeps into graves and causes to dead to be reanimated

D. Zombies will walk the earth and destroy civilization

Needless to say, we lost the round. But we were expecting it anyway. Plus, my partner loved the DA, and was kind of waiting for the perfect round to run it.

what makes this DA really crazy is that it doesn't have uniqueness or link