jmiller

Cairo

Hey guys,

wat's hannanin.' When Is Cairo? I'm about to start traveling again probably.

December 5-6.

We're looking for this to be the best tournament we've had in years. Mr. Smith has worked really hard to build this program into a success and wants people from all around to get involved. If you want a great tournament and a great time all-around, then you should come down to the Syrup City.

I believe Mr. Smith has the invitation posted on Joy of Tournament, but I just thought I'd offer a little invitation of mine.

That's correct - the invitation can be found at http://www.joyoftournaments.com/ga/cairo

Here's who has registered so far:

School City State

Bainbridge High School Bainbridge GA

Carrollton High School Carrollton GA

Evans High School Evans GA

Lassiter High School Marietta GA

Starr's Mill High School Fayetteville GA

Sadly, this will be the first time in the 7 years I've been in debate Fayette cannot make the trip. Ms. Kelly will be taking 3 kids up to Kentucky - and I have finals and need the weekend to study. We've always loved the vacation down to Cairo :) Good luck to all the teams going!

Aww! Have fun everybody!

Hopefully, I'll see some people the following week at West GA- but that largely depends on Chamblee being functional.

• Upvote 1

Aww! Have fun everybody!

Hopefully, I'll see some people the following week at West GA- but that largely depends on Chamblee being functional.

oh, i always have fun in syrup city..... do you know me kathy? my name is Tom and I like to party! < lol that is a ricky bobby quote for those who didnt know>

We'll be there in some configuration with at least two policy teams (either one varsity and one novice or two varsity. . . depends on whether or not one of my first years is going to be making the trip) and some IEers. I'll post specs later.

I registered Trion today. Got our reservations at the Best Western in Cairo. Is it an okay place to stay? It has one review that said it was awful. Couldn't be any worse than the Royal Inn at Carrollton.

• Upvote 1

I registered Trion today. Got our reservations at the Best Western in Cairo. Is it an okay place to stay? It has one review that said it was awful. Couldn't be any worse than the Royal Inn at Carrollton.

its prob the best place to stay in cairo. lol.

• Upvote 1

Anyone looking to hire a judge? I just sent Mr. Smith an email inquiring about judging for the tournament but let me know.

We have stayed at the Best Western before. It is not bad. There are only so many places to stay in Cairo. I could have told you not to stay there in Carrollton.

• Upvote 1

We have stayed at the Best Western before. It is not bad. There are only so many places to stay in Cairo. I could have told you not to stay there in Carrollton.

Yo, I need you to call me. My cell # is in my Facebook profile.

You could stay at the best western but you would probably be better off staying in thomasville

QFA

And I just realized that as of this month, I've been posting on Cross-x for eight years. That's kind of scary.

• Upvote 1

Note: "all the other qualifiers" include Connor, TJ, Jonathan, and Nick. Just thought it might be nice to name all of the names. . . .

Top 5 Varsity Speakers

1. Robert Walker - Warner Robins

2. Kurtis Anderson - Warner Robins

3. Levi Warner - Trion

4. TJ Carani - Lincoln County

5. Connor Hamm - Lincoln County

Note: "all the other qualifiers" include Connor, TJ, Jonathan, and Nick. Just thought it might be nice to name all of the names. . . .

Top 5 Varsity Speakers

1. Robert Walker - Warner Robins

2. Kurtis Anderson - Warner Robins

3. Levi Warner - Trion

4. TJ Carani - Lincoln County

5. Connor Hamm - Lincoln County

I didn't know all of their names, thanks for the fill in.

I didn't know all of their names, thanks for the fill in.

No problem. . . having a packet helped my recall (at least on the two Carrollton guys. . . I didn't have too much problem remembering the other two for some reason). :)