Sign in to follow this  
miss_jazzy09

IWC

Judging!!!

If you will be around the Independence area the weekend of Dec. 5 & 6 and would be interested in judging please contact me at brandiberner@gmail.com or via facebook. Thanks.

Here's the schedule:

Friday, December 5

3:30 Round I IE

5:00 Round II IE

6:30 Round III IE

Saturday, December 6

8:00 Semi-finals IE

9:30 Debate Round I

11:00 Debate Round II

1:00 IE Finals

2:30 Debate Round III

4:00 Debate Round IV

6:15 Semi-Finals Debate

7:30 Finals Debate

*Friday we will be getting out of there a little bit earlier than normal because of our school's pack the house game/dance that evening.

**Please contact me no later than the end of this week.

Edited by Berner

Zach, that's a discrepancy that I hadn't noticed before, but it's probably worth asking about. Also, Brandi, check your E-Mail.

BR

oak park will be sending

Rumbaugh/ Evans Cap and Trade

Tremper/ Wood RPS

we suck tho so its really not that big of deal

Park Hill South will be sending Schmitz/Werner.

We may send some other teams, but they wont be in champ and wont be good so it is nothing to fret over.

Here's the deal..

I already talked with Zach about this, but I'm sure the rest of you attending are wondering as well.

This tournament is insane. Possibly one of the biggest in the state this year, if not the biggest. Today was the registration deadline and we have a total of 38 schools. Across the state, as well as one from TX. If you think that's insane, imagine the entries. We split the policy divisions into Champ and Open. Both of which are looking at around 25 teams in each. We are looking at around 115 LD, and 105 PuF. INSANE. We are forced to have all debate on saturday and cannot therefor hold a formal quarters round for policy. However, rounds three and four in every event will be directly power matched. We are awarding the top 8 in each of the policy divisions, and the top 16 in PuF and LD.

The competition will be good. And, don't worry kids, we're going to have a good selection of judges, especially those CCX rounds. We have a strong base of good policy alumni from Truman coming back to judge including Tyler Dooley, Tyler Plumlee, Bobby French, Bree Berner, Joey Soto, Dereck Williams, Tina Castor, Ben Shinn, just to name a few. There will be several others. I'm also 90% sure that Mike Kearney will be judging as well!

Hope that answers some of your questions, if you have more shoot me an email or whatnot.

Thanks.

Edited by Berner
  • Downvote 1

oak park will be sending

Rumbaugh/ Evans Cap and Trade

Tremper/ Wood RPS

we suck tho so its really not that big of deal

Don't forget Wes...party in draw!

btw, Alex and Josh will still be running ANWR

Edited by AScott

Oh yeah, some Truman alum are gonna be causing problems that weekend I can already see it now. Hopefully MO debate has gotten better since I last came back to judge, I better be in some good rounds.

I believe the TX school is Bellaire HS in Houston, TX.

I however don't believe they are bringing any policy teams. Just LD and PuF then a few extemp and congress to this tourny. But, I could be wrong, I've been dealing with a lot of entries in my head the past few days.

PS- sorry if your entries got cut and your coach is mad. we had to cap a lot of events due to space etc. we are still going to excessively and ridiculously big.

Yay! Tomorrow is the day! Biggest tournament in Mo! woot!

Have fun and best of luck to all.

Don't you guys go to Parkview? I do believe we boast that title.

Don't you guys go to Parkview? I do believe we boast that title.

Unfortunately, we don't attend parkview due to scheduling conflicts with other tournaments. I believe my coach said that we got confirmation of the biggest in the state earlier this week, I could be wrong. We have 41 schools now attending from MO, KS, and TX.

Who knows.

CCX Sems:

22B Fort Osage BG d. 41A Marquette 3-0

12A Blue Springs SD d. 16A Blue Springs South HG 3-0

Finals:

12A Blue Springs SD d. 22B Fort Osage BG 5-0

Speaker awards in CCX:

1. McKenzie Simmons- Lees Summit

2. Tyler Gillette- Fort Osage

3. Mike Selck- Blue Springs

4. Pat Schoonover- Lees Summit

5. Matt Gilmore- Blue Springs South

6. Casey Binnes?

Edited by Berner

1. McKenzie Simmons- Lees Summit

2. Tyler Gillette- Fort Osage

3. Mike Selck- Blue Springs

4. Pat Schoonover- Lees Summit

5. Matt Gilmore- Blue Springs South

6. Casey Binnes?

Were there actually awards for speakers?

I just wanted to comment on what a pleasure it was to judge at this tournament. Aside from some decent rounds, special attention should go to Ms. Adams, who was incredibly considerate to judge preferences when making assignments, and generally seemed happy to be so. This weekend was a good time.

I just wanted to comment on what a pleasure it was to judge at this tournament. Aside from some decent rounds, special attention should go to Ms. Adams, who was incredibly considerate to judge preferences when making assignments, and generally seemed happy to be so. This weekend was a good time.

Ben,

I appologize for not getting the chance to at the tournament (running a tournament with 41 schools takes a lot out of you) but I wanted to thank you personally for coming to KC for the weekend to judge. It was awesome to have people like you there willing to judge some good rounds. As a policy debater in MO myself, I know it's often hard to get college debaters sometimes to come out and judge due to being too busy and what not. I know the debaters you judged were also very thankful.

Also, Thank you to Mike Kearney, Tyler Plumlee, Bobby French, and any other college kids who came out- we couldn't have asked for much more, as well as the state rep. Paul Levota.