cxdebater93

Best AFF this year

Are you kidding? Sugar ethanol might not have a lot of links, but the case evidence is enough to kill it.

There is no "best aff", I'll bet that they all lose about the same number of rounds as they win. A good negative team will destroy a crappy affirmative no matter how good their case is, that's just the way it is.

Are you kidding? Sugar ethanol might not have a lot of links, but the case evidence is enough to kill it.

Like what? We lost about a handful (6-7) of aff rounds this year, and it was almost exclusively to Ks and T. Most people don't even have case negs. What is your golden bullet strategy?

There is no "best aff", I'll bet that they all lose about the same number of rounds as they win. A good negative team will destroy a crappy affirmative no matter how good their case is, that's just the way it is.

You misunderstand what a strategic aff means. Just because there exists a good strategy to every aff does not mean all affs are created equal.

I've hit the brazil aff once this year and the other team had a latin america stability impact with a terrorism impact so I just went for terrorism good, terrorism impact d and case d on food prices and Brazilian relations in the 2nr. Thats probably a viable strat.

well the one i hit had chaves doha and corn

we did a little on case but the offcase fails because they are bairly doing anything

The problem i have with this thread is that there never is a magical, "BEST" aff.

Affs are strategic in certain curcumstances, but the most prominate is the connection the aff has to the debater.

To me, the more comfortable and adapted to your aff you are, the better you run it.

But then again, i also feel you should BELIEVE in the impacts and solvecny in your aff, but judging by all the random affs flouting around, some may disagree with me

I've hit the brazil aff once this year and the other team had a latin america stability impact with a terrorism impact so I just went for terrorism good, terrorism impact d and case d on food prices and Brazilian relations in the 2nr. Thats probably a viable strat.

Impact turns + Impact D does not a case-specific strategy make.

fix your post so I can understand what your saying. I was saying a good 2nr strat would be to turn terrorism => increased heg. combined with saying terrorism doesn't cause extinction and case d on other stuff.

can you seriously not read? generic impact offense and defense is not a good case specific strategy. everything and anything can be impact turned.

shit, oh! Murray reversed his post, the word order, henceforth rendering it incomprehensible.

edit: I was told to get out of JV because Brazil is a shitty aff. I don't need to make fun of that, it does it for itself.

• Upvote 1

Actually Brazilian Sugar Cane Aff is VERY GOOD,

-It requiers no funding or inforcement

-It is in the U.S. b/c the incentive is in the U.S. (removing the Tariff is in the U.S.

-Doen't link to anything, or atleast specifically

-The only CP's that could be ran against it is Consult Brazil, Generic Plan Plus/Pick (depending on what it is,) and phase out/Offset of Corn Ethanol Subsidies, and this is REALLY all depending if the team is actually going to have the evidence!!

-It answers T AE can't have fossil fuels because Sugar Cane Ethanol IS 100% sugar cane!!!

-And Oncase Biofuels doens't link, since theres a lot of evidence that Sugar Cane and Biofuels are SUBSTANTIALLY Diffrent

-AND it soves for Soy Bean production in the Amazon Rain Forest, Sugar cane isn't acutally grown in the Amazon, its grown in the Southern half of Brazil.

Honestly I ran it 5 times and only lost once, and even still Consoult Brazil CP, is still kinda crappy b/c it would be hard for the neg to find anything that they do that the Aff doesn't do.

NOW THROW ANOTHER ARGUMENT @ ME!!!!!

Actually Brazilian Sugar Cane Aff is VERY GOOD,

-It requiers no funding or inforcement

seriously dude, who still runs econ and spending disads that are killer?

-It is in the U.S. b/c the incentive is in the U.S. (removing the Tariff is in the U.S.

Sure its "in the US" but he sure isn't an incentive, not by any good definition i've seen. And even if there is a good definition, its TOTALLY underlimiting if it allows us to remove tariffs to be topical

-Doen't link to anything, or atleast specifically

There are a bunch of really decent case turns that are extremly specific...like, actually talking about a propsal to remove the tariff.

-The only CP's that could be ran against it is Consult Brazil, Generic Plan Plus/Pick (depending on what it is,) and phase out/Offset of Corn Ethanol Subsidies, and this is REALLY all depending if the team is actually going to have the evidence!!

I will give you that, since the case/impact turns are the better route to go.

-It answers T AE can't have fossil fuels because Sugar Cane Ethanol IS 100% sugar cane!!!

Sure its A.E., but it still is totally non topical

-And Oncase Biofuels doens't link, since theres a lot of evidence that Sugar Cane and Biofuels are SUBSTANTIALLY Diffrent

Nope. Thats just talking about fuel efficency and what not, theres really good evidence on how Sugar kills biodiversity in other regions of Brazil, not just the amazon (it still kills the amazon though). And even if you give me that old line of "its immposible to grow in a rainforest" or "Brazil doesn't need to use the jungle" thats all empirically denied because Brazil has almost always burned down the forest for farm land to be economically efficent

-AND it soves for Soy Bean production in the Amazon Rain Forest, Sugar cane isn't acutally grown in the Amazon, its grown in the Southern half of Brazil.

Refer to above, and it probably links back to their soybean advantage because there is some good lit on how a substantial international market for sugarcane will push soybean farmers into (or onto, since they just burn it down anyway) the Amazon and other jungles

Honestly I ran it 5 times and only lost once, and even still Consoult Brazil CP, is still kinda crappy b/c it would be hard for the neg to find anything that they do that the Aff doesn't do.

Consults just inherently suck

NOW THROW ANOTHER ARGUMENT @ ME!!!!!

and i almost forgot

Heg is Bad

Jatropha

mass solvency fail

but lack of evidence=good

or run "stupid names abusive" theory LOL

• Downvote 1

Just to piss off the person that neg repped me for quoting Nietzsche a little too much...

There is no "best" aff.

"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”

hemp is beast, i haven't lost a round so far (had 8 rounds on aff so far), although it may not be the best case logistically, a good debater can win ALOT with it.

windians is alright.

lol I beat Hemp every time I hit it when I was a novice against all advanced.

and...wow, windians too. 0_o

lol I beat Hemp every time I hit it when I was a novice against all advanced.

and...wow, windians too. 0_o

If you can't win with windians, you're bad.

i think the best aff case this year was the one LHS read in finals of their state tournament Space based solar power to Uranus

The problem i have with this thread is that there never is a magical, "BEST" aff.

Affs are strategic in certain curcumstances, but the most prominate is the connection the aff has to the debater.

To me, the more comfortable and adapted to your aff you are, the better you run it.

But then again, i also feel you should BELIEVE in the impacts and solvecny in your aff, but judging by all the random affs flouting around, some may disagree with me

QFA