Sign in to follow this  
Shes legal in dog years

TECH V. OU

because saying that "it's already ther ebecause of o-state and michigan" is asinine at best. clearly the big 10 doesn't have a championship game. That is why crap teams like o-state end up going to the ncg and end up getting killed by the SEC

its asinine to say that *usually* michigan and osu are the best that the Big 10 has to offer? and that *usually* the winner of that game is the big 10 champion? and where is the warrant that another game would keep ohio state from having gone to the national championship the last couple years? would you have rather had a worse team from the big 10 there?

i can also tell you that you would have been pressed to have found anyone who actually thought osu deserved to be in the nc game last year against LSU. dont blame us for the system sucking.

i dont know, i guess maybe i would rather you just stuck to making observations that everyone knows and can agree upon. atleast then you are semi-coherant.

whatever your beef is, it's not related to me. when you say "We shoudl go back to the confrence gamesgoing to bowls" system you are showing why that's stupid. Big 10 being the best example.

and, you can make fun of me all you want but you are the one attempting to convince us to put a worse system into place.

yea im gonna get a little annoyed with all the ohio state bashing. its just easy. its a lazy argument. of course i would like to see a playoff, but its not gonna happen right now due to financial reasons. so maybe the old way was better than what you would probably agree is a horrible system that we currently have.

as someone who follows a team with a similar dismal recent bowl championship series record, i thought you of all people would sympathize with a team getting a bad rap on the basis of a few games.

it wasnt long ago that they called bob stoops "Big game bob", and it wasnt long ago that people said that tressel would never lose if you gave him a month to prepare. did they suddenly stop knowing how to coach?

yea im gonna get a little annoyed with all the ohio state bashing. its just easy. its a lazy argument. of course i would like to see a playoff, but its not gonna happen right now due to financial reasons. so maybe the old way was better than what you would probably agree is a horrible system that we currently have.

BCS is better than the old system. no question about it.

as someone who follows a team with a similar dismal recent bowl championship series record, i thought you of all people would sympathize with a team getting a bad rap on the basis of a few games.

the difference is that O-state went to back-to-back championship games and failed. twice. Do we suck in those games? sure do. but osu and ou are two different levels of games.

it wasnt long ago that they called bob stoops "Big game bob", and it wasnt long ago that people said that tressel would never lose if you gave him a month to prepare. did they suddenly stop knowing how to coach?

clearly you didn't watch stoops for the past few years.

Just to remind you, we killed mizzou last year (when they were ranked number 1) AND texas.

This year, for the past 4 games, we are averaging 1 point per minute and we have are close to a ncaa record of breaking the most redzones to Td conversion rate (we are like 79 of 84). Oklahoma is unbeatable recently.

Of course, you will say "LULZ TEXAS". False. Reynolds went out with an injury mid-way through the game. WHile he was in, texas was held to less than 2 yards per carry. When he left texas averaged 7 yards on a new mlb that hasn't seen much action. Box stepped up and found his game. I dare texas to play us again right now. I dare them.

BCS is better than the old system. no question about it.

the difference is that O-state went to back-to-back championship games and failed. twice. Do we suck in those games? sure do. but osu and ou are two different levels of games.

clearly you didn't watch stoops for the past few years.

Just to remind you, we killed mizzou last year (when they were ranked number 1) AND texas.

This year, for the past 4 games, we are averaging 1 point per minute and we have are close to a ncaa record of breaking the most redzones to Td conversion rate (we are like 79 of 84). Oklahoma is unbeatable recently.

Of course, you will say "LULZ TEXAS". False. Reynolds went out with an injury mid-way through the game. WHile he was in, texas was held to less than 2 yards per carry. When he left texas averaged 7 yards on a new mlb that hasn't seen much action. Box stepped up and found his game. I dare texas to play us again right now. I dare them.

i wasnt going to do that at all. i think oklahoma is by far the best team in the big 12. they are the only team in the fucking conference with a defense. i liked it after the game when they asked stoops if he thought they would play that well and he pretty much said yes because he knew they werent going to score consistently on them. i pretty much think the tech offense is a joke, and while they do this every year, they were able to add in a special talent like crabtree to spice it up. add in a mediocre defense instead of an awful defense like usual, put em on tv in front of people who just want touchdowns instead of a well played football game with good defense, and boom you have a made for tv cinderella story.

texas isnt close to the real deal, and niether is mizzou or kansas or any of those other teams. Florida still struggles everyonce in a while in the SEC because the defenses are too fast for the spread to work every time. those big 12 spread offenses work for the exact same reason that those despicable, horrible buckeyes looked so good a couple years ago before we got beat down by the gators- troy smith ran the spread to perfection against slow defenses in iowa, minnesota, etc., padding up his stats, winning a heisman, getting his team to a national championship game ... until the music died, and we played teams who had corners and safety's who could keep up with our receivers. and until we went up against defenses that had a front 7 that could overwhelm our offensive line with a speed rush and blitzing.

it shouldnt surprise you that the only time osu had ANY success (and it was limited) against florida a couple years ago was when we ran the ball. thats how we beat Miami for a national title too. you have to neutralize their speed by ramming the ball down their throats. its why auburn is stupid for trying to go to a spread offense when they already had the blueprint for success - recruit special running backs like cadillac williams and ronnie brown, get a big oline and run run run. Why do you think Alabama has been successful? suffocating defense, and they control the clock and line of scrimmage with a great oline and a good rb in coffey. But, its not sexy enough. enjoy watching all your big 12 guys at the heisman ceremony, but remember what that did for troy smith.

another good example i might bring up would be a certain Jason White against a certain LSU defense. i dont remember the spread working out so well.

This isn't really a discussion about the best team, or it shouldn't be. Because Bama isn't the best team in the country. It should be a discussion about who should be higher rated. Texas has the better body of work right now. I think that OU would win, who is the better team? OU, Bradford is the best QB in college right now and a top five if he were playing on Sundays. He has that team playing like they were under Hypel(sp) back in the day, even better probably. I don't think that there could be much discussion about which team is better right now, OU is boat racing people out of the gate. It's ridiculous. I do think that Texas should be rated higher in the current system and will play for the Big 12 title if they beat Baylor. Maybe Texas loses to Mizzou and OU gets in the title game. I dont know what will happen with that. OU is the better team though.

Jamie

1. It's Josh Heupel. He's the current QB coach, and lost the Heisman to Chris Weinke, that son of a bitch.

2. It's Tech that plays Baylor.

3. Texas plays A&M, which has historically given them trouble.

4. If OU puts of a two or three touchdown margin of victory against OSU (which is in Stillwater), then they should jump Texas even if the Longhorns romp A&M- the difference between 2 and 3 is .008 points; remember, OU's highest season score was 66, and that was to the Aggies.

Edited by Mordacil

This isn't really a discussion about the best team, or it shouldn't be. Because Bama isn't the best team in the country. It should be a discussion about who should be higher rated. Texas has the better body of work right now. I think that OU would win, who is the better team? OU, Bradford is the best QB in college right now and a top five if he were playing on Sundays. He has that team playing like they were under Hypel(sp) back in the day, even better probably. I don't think that there could be much discussion about which team is better right now, OU is boat racing people out of the gate. It's ridiculous. I do think that Texas should be rated higher in the current system and will play for the Big 12 title if they beat Baylor. Maybe Texas loses to Mizzou and OU gets in the title game. I dont know what will happen with that. OU is the better team though.

Jamie

this bothers me. how the fuck do we know that alabama isnt the best team in the country? did you watch that georgia game? they are undefeated, play in the best conference (now i get to hear you guys tell me why the Big 12 and Mountain West or whatever those conferences are out there are better), have one of the meanest defenses in the country, have one of the best offensive lines in the country (sorry, tech), an downhill running game that i would LOVE to see tech, or texas, or any team not named OU, USC, or Fl try to stop. the disrespect on these boards for any non-big 12 south team or utah or boise is disgusting.

i dont know if alabama is the best team in the country or not. im inclined to think USC and maybe florida or oklahoma would have a shot at beating them. but just because your school has a quarterback who can find an open receiver after hanging out in the pocket for 20 seconds doesnt mean you are a top 5 team in the country.

you know, i always hated nebraska but now i really miss them. they used to have a defense and a power running game that would have put some of these teams to shame.

and one other thing: that josh huepel team's defense shut out the Florida State Seminoles offense when they were at the height of their power. it was one of the best defenses ive ever seen- now, i like this oklahoma defense, but its not near that level. i loved watching that OU team.

Edited by davidzavac

I agree on most parts with you. Alabama has been rocking the SEC. I know that this year the SEC doesn't look as good with LSU sucking and well Georgia not living up to the hype. I still believe Alabama is the nations top team. U don't see USC as able to beat them but, Florida or OU maybe it would be a good game.

As Auburn fans ( the biggest haters of alabama) say around the bowl and down the hole role tide roll.

Edited by upside down

this bothers me. how the fuck do we know that alabama isnt the best team in the country? did you watch that georgia game?

Yes and saying that shows nothing. Georgia is a lot like penn state, not great but more than decent. Georgia is not a good reason why 'bama is the number 1 team. Tech is better than georgia and OU killed tech.

they are undefeated, play in the best conference (now i get to hear you guys tell me why the Big 12 and Mountain West or whatever those conferences are out there are better), have one of the meanest defenses in the country, have one of the best offensive lines in the country (sorry, tech), an downhill running game that i would LOVE to see tech, or texas, or any team not named OU, USC, or Fl try to stop. the disrespect on these boards for any non-big 12 south team or utah or boise is disgusting.

You can't say the SEC is the best conference when i can't say the big 12 isn't. this is stupid.

OU clearly has shown how their defense is one of the best in the nation shutting down high scoring offenses week after week. Even if they lose the defense of battle they are winning by putting more points on the board. The reason you don't want me to say OU is because you know that they have nothing on the defensive front. Please. OU is deeper in the trenches on both sides of the ball.

it's not disrespect when we are straight up better. please, this isn't politics, you come in and you defend yourself. if you can't then get out.

i dont know if alabama is the best team in the country or not. im inclined to think USC and maybe florida or oklahoma would have a shot at beating them. but just because your school has a quarterback who can find an open receiver after hanging out in the pocket for 20 seconds doesnt mean you are a top 5 team in the country.

Yes, yes it does. that means the offense is doing their job? Also, i don't know if you haven't noticed this or not but OU is also getting it done on the ground....you should probably pay attention to OU's running game as well. Murray and Brown are the best two-punch running team in the NCAA right now.

you know, i always hated nebraska but now i really miss them. they used to have a defense and a power running game that would have put some of these teams to shame.

lol.

and one other thing: that josh huepel team's defense shut out the Florida State Seminoles offense when they were at the height of their power. it was one of the best defenses ive ever seen- now, i like this oklahoma defense, but its not near that level. i loved watching that OU team.

josh huepel also never put up the numbers that this OU offense is putting up. You can let a team score 21 points if you are avg. 1 point per minute.

Yes and saying that shows nothing. Georgia is a lot like penn state, not great but more than decent. Georgia is not a good reason why 'bama is the number 1 team. Tech is better than georgia and OU killed tech.

we will never have any way of knowing i guess. i give my reasons below as to why i think tech would struggle against a fast defense like georgia's.

You can't say the SEC is the best conference when i can't say the big 12 isn't. this is stupid.

probably. i dont know, i get tired of the endless faux-arguments as to which conference is best on a yearly basis. i suppose i made the argument myself so i take responsibility for it; it was made on the basis of me going to look at tech, texas, and ou's non conference schedule. the only quality win i saw was against tcu, i dont remember which team did it. im sure everyone in this big 12 happy forum knows.

OU clearly has shown how their defense is one of the best in the nation shutting down high scoring offenses week after week. Even if they lose the defense of battle they are winning by putting more points on the board. The reason you don't want me to say OU is because you know that they have nothing on the defensive front. Please. OU is deeper in the trenches on both sides of the ball.

totally with you except on the trenches on both side of the ball argument. i think alabama has the best offensive line. i dont know enough to comment on the defensive lines of each team.

it's not disrespect when we are straight up better. please, this isn't politics, you come in and you defend yourself. if you can't then get out.

tough talk on a high school debate website discussing big 12 football

Yes, yes it does. that means the offense is doing their job? Also, i don't know if you haven't noticed this or not but OU is also getting it done on the ground....you should probably pay attention to OU's running game as well. Murray and Brown are the best two-punch running team in the NCAA right now.

i have consistently expressed support for Oklahoma on this forum. i think they are a legitimate team, maybe the best in the country. Their defense is excellent, they can run, they can throw. i havent seen a weakness. granted i was drunk and in an overcrowded bar when they lost to texas so i cant say for sure what went wrong but i was shocked when things went south. i dont think Tech is very good at all (see my analysis as to why ohio state was so good with troy smith when they ran the spread, they could pick on the teams who didnt have the speed/coaching to handle it, but when they faced a good, fast defense in florida they struggled. i think the same thing happens with Tech every year when they schedule noone in their non-conference, and then inevitably struggle against the big 12 powerhouses. do you think they struggled against OU?) and my point in this whole thread has simply been that Mizzou, KU, and Tech are overrated, the spread being their biggest ally. i know. i watched my school do it. so when i see a qb like troy smith, or jason white, or harrell sitting in the pocket with all day to throw on their way to a 60 point outing, i inevitably think of smith being swallowed by gators, white being overwhelmed by tigers, and harrell not being nearly enough, in a million years to beat the sooners.

josh huepel also never put up the numbers that this OU offense is putting up. You can let a team score 21 points if you are avg. 1 point per minute.

im aware, and thank you for the mathematical analysis. the last touchdown tech scored was totally meaningless. it was a great defensive performance from the sooners.

1.)probably. i dont know, i get tired of the endless faux-arguments as to which conference is best on a yearly basis. i suppose i made the argument myself so i take responsibility for it; it was made on the basis of me going to look at tech, texas, and ou's non conference schedule. the only quality win i saw was against tcu, i dont remember which team did it. im sure everyone in this big 12 happy forum knows.

2.)josh huepel also never put up the numbers that this OU offense is putting up. You can let a team score 21 points if you are avg. 1 point per minute.

1.)This was against OU they beat TCU but, not near the way they beat Tech.

2.)Touche

The points tech scored at the end of the game were probably related to the fact that 1/4 of the OU fans had already deserted by that point. The noise level was back to normal.

They lost to Texas in a neutral stadium...makes you wonder how well they would have done with Tech in Lubbock. I'm looking forward to Saturday's OSU game in Stillwater. OU is a good team, and they SHOULD win. But it's Bedlam, and in Stilly.

Dallas Texas Is Not A Neutral Site.

How is it not?

it's closer to norman than it is to austin, so if anything it's unfair to the 'horns.

IT'S IN TEXAS. Fact. also, i guess a google search says you're wrong? Norman to Dallas its 206 miles, from Dallas to Austin its 196.

Regardless, the cotton bowl is by NO means a "neutral site".

Edited by Karl Rove