Sign in to follow this  
esquiar

Creek-East-GW: Nov. 7th & 8th, 2008

It's time for the Turkey Meat! As always, we'll need lots of judges, and we'll appreciate all the help we can get.

Which teams are planning on going?

For judges, here's the formal invite:

Hello!

Hope you are doing well and that you are excited to have the varsity speech and debate season begin in Colorado!

We would like to invite you to judge at the Tenth Annual Cherry Creek-George Washington-Denver East Turkey Meet at Denver East High School on November 7 and 8, 2008.

Events: We will be offering competition in Duo Interp, National Extemporaneous Speaking, International Extemporaneous Speaking, Original Oratory, Drama, Humor, Poetry, Varsity CX Debate, Junior Varsity CX Debate, LD Debate, Public Forum Debate and Improv Pairs (rules included). Each school may enter four in each event.

Judge Check-In: We would love to have judges check in at 3:15pm on Friday and at 7:30 am on Saturday. We will begin the first round of competition on Friday at 4:00pm and the first round on Saturday at 8:00am. Come when you can for as long as you can!

Scheduling: On Friday night, we will offer Duo Interp, International Extemp, Improv Pairs, Public Forum Debate, LD and CX. On Saturday, we will offer Humor, Drama, Oratory, National Extemp, Poetry, LD and CX. I.E.'s and PF Debate will have three preliminary rounds followed by Semifinals, and Finals. CX and LD Debate will have five preliminary rounds breaking to quarterfinals. This year we hope to be out by 9:30pm on Friday and awards will be at 7:00 p.m. or sooner on Saturday.

Site: The tournament is being held at Denver East HS, 1545 Detroit Street, Denver, CO 80206.

Food: Lots of great food and munchies will be provided throughout the tournament!

Pay: Judges will be paid $8 per round.

Questions and Concerns:

Please feel free to contact Marti Benham at Cherry Creek High School, 720-554-2216 (school), mbenham@cherrycreekschools.org or

Matt Murphy, Denver East High School, matthew_murphy@dpsk12.org or

Maryrose Kohan, George Washington High School, maryrose_kohan@dpsk12.org

If you are able to join us and judge at this tournament, please drop me an email so we may plan accordingly.

Please let me know when you are available and what events you judge.

Come judge when you can for as long as you can!

Feel free to forward this email to others that may be interested in judging!

Thanks in advance for your help in continuing to make Creek-GW-East a fantastic competition for students!

Edited by esquiar
add judges info

I would just like to put in a second plea for lots of CX judges to come to this tournament. It really makes tournaments better for other debate events also. I know you will all want to judge CX but I would also ask for you to register for LD too, or at least judge some LD out rounds if you can.

Thanks.

• Upvote 1

Jacob and I will be there and I think we will have around five other teams (in some combination of novice and varsity) although those numbers aren't certain.

We're looking forward to seeing everyone there!

Littleton will be there with about 4 CX teams, 2 varsity. Ian will be debating varsity, however with a novice partner.

Merrick/Jacob

Dalton/King

2 Novice Teams

Can't wait!

• Downvote 2

I propose that instead of prelims, we build an octagon and fight for elim spots in a two v. two tag-team deathmatch.

I call Greos.

You would...do it and I'll vote you up....unless you're the one who dies

But no seriously...Andy (Lee that is) call me and we'll figure that out...

• Upvote 1

so results of a great tournament go as follows:

1. East Taylor and Jacob

2. Creek Patrick and Andy

3. Creek Nameir and Nick

3. Creek Andrew and Tyler

5. Creek Mayu and Lisa

5. Saint Mary's (2 girls i dont know names...)

5. Kent Camel and Miller

5. GW thomas and other

Sorry guys, I was trying to get online before Andy did. Anyway, he did get the results right which I guess means he can hear and understand English because I'm pretty sure Marti didn't do awards in Greek... anyway, what he meant to say was

I just wanted everyone to know how crazy I am about gyros. I would trade a kidney for a student deal at Renzios.

Oh, and...

so results of a great tournament go as follows:

1. East Taylor and Jacob

2. Creek Patrick and Andy

3. Creek Nameir and Nick

3. Creek Andrew and Tyler

5. Creek Mayu and Lisa

5. Saint Mary's (2 girls i dont know names...)

5. Kent Camel and Miller

5. GW thomas and other