Dr. Fox On Socks

Do you remember Benjamin Nushmutt?

The announcement will fade away, so this is a more permanent statement of policy.

This is my first time moderating T&I but I've been around the block a few times with Non-Debate Debates and my policies for the two forums will be the same.

1. Be respectful. Disagreements are to be expected in these forums and are part of a healthy discourse, but I reserve the right to edit or delete posts that are disrespectful of others. This includes ad hominem attacks, racism, sexism, homophobia, and other insults.

2. Please cite your sources and also include the full text of posted articles since links expire, may be blocked by school filters, or require subscriptions.

3. Avoid bumping old threads, but don't be afraid to do so if you have something to add to a discussion. However if you expect a new/different conversation to develop, then feel free to create a new thread. Bumping without substance will likely be deleted.

4. Spam, NSFW (Not Safe For Work/School) content, and threads which clearly do not belong in this forum will be moved, edited, or deleted at my discretion without warning.

5. Be funny and entertaining. More of a guideline than a rule. But it's always more enjoyable reading funny or well-written posts.

"You're entitled to your own opinions. You're not entitled to your own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

"A man should never be ashamed to admit he is in the wrong, which is but saying in other words that he is wiser today than yesterday." - Jonathan Swift

7. My "door" is always open. If you have questions or comments about my moderating, feel free to PM me. If you think that the issue is relevant to more users than just you, or you are dissatisfied with my response to a PM, you may create a thread about it. I will not delete or alter critical threads unless they violate one of the above rules.

8. Have fun. This is Thoughts And Ideas, so pretty much anything can go here. Teach us something we didn't know, challenge the way we think about things, and be ready to get challenged back!

Thanks everyone for the re-election. The above policies will still be the rule. As always, contact me though any of the various ways if you have questions, comments, or concerns.