BlocksfromBlock

Arkansas Debaters!!!

Who was the previous afore mention question posed to?

Fayetteville tournament. How're you doing at that tournament?

So, there is anarchy on FB....

We run in chaos without the guiding voice of Dawkins!

But forreal, the trolling is just limited to me, PKC, and the two Fayetteville-ites. Nothing like the bigger flame wars of the past.

But forreal, the trolling is just limited to me, PKC, and the two Fayetteville-ites. Nothing like the bigger flame wars of the past.

Yet...

It all depends on the judging. Here's my list of top 8.

This list is in no order:

Mike/Don

Joe/Mark

Cody/Zach

Terry/Kyle

Jay/Blake

Maybes:

Brit/Walt

Ian/Daniel

Youngblood/Delphon

Jacob/Graham

Sarah/Lindsey

Random People

If Jonathan gets a partner, I will contemplate him being up here because of his 1st Speaks Rogers, and 2nd Speaks Fayetteville. I think he can make it, I'm just not sure how lucky he will get.

The reason that I put people in maybe land, is because their clearing is dependent on a decent judging slate. I think out of the maybe's, Youngblood/Delphon have the best chance, simply because they cater to the judge the most. Plus, State is notorious for sketchy judging in the prelims.

Here's my overall 1-8:

Finals:

Anda/Onyeokiziri vs Stothers/Marchbank (I won't spec a champion yet.)

Semi's

Anda/Onyeokiziri def. Kieklak/Cameron

Stothers/Marchbank def. Dawkins/Champlain

Quarters:

Anda/Onyeokiziri def. Youngblood/Delphon

Stothers/Marchbank def. Hallam/Terry

Dawkins/Champlain def. Kremin/Graham

Kieklak/Cameron def. Withers/Brizzolara

I could see this happen if Jonathan gets Chris. I'm not sure though. I could still see a team replace them and do the same thing. That's my bracket though.

It all depends on the judging. Here's my list of top 8.

This list is in no order:

Mike/Don

Joe/Mark

Cody/Zach

Terry/Kyle

Jay/Blake

Maybes:

Brit/Walt

Ian/Daniel

Youngblood/Delphon

Jacob/Graham

Sarah/Lindsey

Random People

If Jonathan gets a partner, I will contemplate him being up here because of his 1st Speaks Rogers, and 2nd Speaks Fayetteville. I think he can make it, I'm just not sure how lucky he will get.

The reason that I put people in maybe land, is because their clearing is dependent on a decent judging slate. I think out of the maybe's, Youngblood/Delphon have the best chance, simply because they cater to the judge the most. Plus, State is notorious for sketchy judging in the prelims.

Here's my overall 1-8:

Finals:

Semi's

Stothers/Marchbank def. Dawkins/Champlain

Quarters:

Dawkins/Champlain def. Kremin/Graham

I could see this happen if Jonathan gets Chris. I'm not sure though. I could still see a team replace them and do the same thing. That's my bracket though.

I appreciate that but it has to come down. I'm stuck with pitts because chris suddenly had a "moral epiphany" and thought that it was against the bro code to ditch Rudy

I actually expect decent judging *shivers*

My top 8: (no order)

Mike/Don

Ian/Daniel

Kennedy/Wright

Stothers/Marchbank

Cameron/Kieklak

Kremin/ Graham(I think?)

Sara/Lindsey

Jay/Blake

Of course, my clearing and some others depend solely on decent judging.

Foley's out as of octa's. Congratulations to him for third seed overall and a great job in the NDT.

lindsey isn't sure if she's qualified yet, so it may be just me and lindsey helping me prep

can that happen?

To qualify she needs 5 wins or a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd speaker. There can't be any mav's, though I think it's about time people are prepping teams.

Mk, with the updates that I know now.

Finals:

Semi's

Stothers/Marchbank def. Kremin/Graham

Quarters:

Kremin/Graham def. the random team that gets through that I have no power to predict.

we realize how to get qual'd, it's just the only tournament we've been to together (and lindsey's only one...mono) was rogers and that tournament was messed up so we're now repealing because we should have rolled into semis AT LEAST and gotten speaks.

To qualify she needs 5 wins or a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd speaker. There can't be any mav's, though I think it's about time people are prepping teams.

Kind of hard to help prep when nobody outside of Central & Greenwood KW discloses.

Oh and Sarah it's "appeal" not "repeal".

Edited by broken
Sarah's a dumbass.

@Sarah, how many wins did you guys have at Rogers? I assume if you were a high seed, then they'll allow you both to compete. I would email Scott Kuttenkuler in the interim and ask for a type of mercy rule to be handed down considering the circumstances. I kinda assume that's already been done by Holladay, but it never hurts to do it personally.

@Sarah, how many wins did you guys have at Rogers? I assume if you were a high seed, then they'll allow you both to compete. I would email Scott Kuttenkuler in the interim and ask for a type of mercy rule to be handed down considering the circumstances. I kinda assume that's already been done by Holladay, but it never hurts to do it personally.

so we're now repealing

That's what she just said she was doing.

correct

and we got 3 wins...lost in quarters because we put t in the 1nr instead of 2nc--and this is after the judge said we could/should divide the block. dancer acknowledged the mistake though and said she should be qual'd so hopefully that'll do some good.

I understand that Ian. However, the "we" that she uses makes it sound like Holladay is submitting the petition. I was simply suggesting that Lindsey makes a personal appeal. Sorry if that was unclear.

Kind of hard to help prep when nobody outside of Central & Greenwood KW discloses.

Oh and Sarah it's "appeal" not "repeal".

A lot of teams outside of cental and greenwood disclose. Bentonville, SHS, and Sheridan all disclose

Johnathon, simply saying "education" doesn't count as disclosing. Simply giving a plan text, is hardly disclosing. A disclosure is a full 1AC with tags/cites, and some negative strats. Like so:

http://www.debatecoaches.org/wiki/index.php?title=2009-2010_Greenwood_%28AR%29_-_Britain_Kennedy_%26_Walt_Wright

(Yes, I cut some westminster stuff, mmkay)