Bruce Willis

Claim and defend your team loyalties

in fact, in my short period of dating so far up here, i constantly hear girls say "if you can get tickets to the Wild, i'd [insert sexual phrase]...

am i missing something?

apparently, the hockey tickets.

got any other brain stumpers, cassanova?

• Upvote 1

yeah, why all the hot girls up here are into hocket but not football.

fond memories of being beaten by their dads after hockey games?

fond memories of being beaten by their dads after hockey games?

Go away.

And Tommy, you gotta get into hockey. Or at least pretend to.

Football

NCAA-LSU, just because they are the best ever, and I have been watching them since forever, I knew that LSU was a football team before I knew it was a College.

UL-They are getting better, and they are my home team, and Ive been watching them since before I could walk.

NFL-Saints-Home team, and well I pretty sure the first thing I saw when I was born was a saints game. Also Drew Brees is the best Quarter Back playing in the NFL, which kicks ass.

GreenBay-Really only out of respect for the franchise and its history for making football what it is today.

Basketball-

NBA-Hornets, they kick so much ass

NCAA-UL, they are my home team

KU-This is where basketball all began, and KU was the Beginning of Basketball, and will be there for the end.

Baseball-

a team that is no longer around, the Bayou Bullfrogs, I grew up watching them(Technically only minor league though.)

College-UL, their program kicks ass, and I have been following them since my childhood.

NASCAR-I know the thread said teams so I'll list Families of racers.

The Yarbroughs, Pettys, Earnhardts(not Jr though), and the Allisons. Though there is one racer worth mentioning, he's relatively new to the Cars, but has been racing trucks for a little while, Brandon Cassel, he is the next Petty.

• Upvote 1

KU-This is where basketball all began, and KU was the Beginning of Basketball, and will be there for the end.

Now ive heard of some fairly gaudy instances of kansas cock riding before but this one takes the cake.

• Upvote 1

this is wrong.

james naismith invented basketball, yes, and he coached at the university of kansas. HOWEVER. he invented it in SPRINGFIELD, MASSACHUSETTS. which is not a synonym for lawrence, kansas. notice, springfield=/=lawrence; and kansas=/=massachusetts.

i hate when people get that wrong.

Earnhardts(not Jr though)

perhaps this will only demonstrate my lack of knowledge of nascar, but were there more than two? wasn't it just sleepy and jr? if so, does that mean you see pops as a one man team/family?

• Upvote 1

perhaps this will only demonstrate my lack of knowledge of nascar, but were there more than two? wasn't it just sleepy and jr? if so, does that mean you see pops as a one man team/family?

There was ralph Earnhardt, father to Dale Sr.

NCAA: Wyoming Cowboys- ya they aren't very good but they are my states team and they have had some success.

NBA: Celtics- I have watched garnett play since i was seven

MLB: The closest team to Wyo the one hit wonder Colorado Rockies

NFL: Green bay packers- I became a fan due to Brett Favre, i still cheer for him but i'm a cheese head at heart

Hockey: Colorado Avalanche

Edited by upside down

this is wrong.

james naismith invented basketball, yes, and he coached at the university of kansas. HOWEVER. he invented it in SPRINGFIELD, MASSACHUSETTS. which is not a synonym for lawrence, kansas. notice, springfield=/=lawrence; and kansas=/=massachusetts.

i hate when people get that wrong.

He didn't explicitly say KU was the birthplace of basketball (although it is implied), but it's very easy to make the claim KU has shaped basketball more so than any other location with the coaching tree established by Phog Allen.

• Upvote 1

quote: this is where basketball all began, and KU was the beginning of basketball

yeah bruce, he did pretty much say it began there. i have no qualms with my decision to insert a rant there. whether or not kansas is the most influential program in basketball is a more favorable debate for the kansas side if only because it's debatable, whereas stating that kansas started basketball is not.

I only care about 2 things:

Pro football:

1.) KC Cheifs. I love this team, no matter how many times they break my heart. I can't remember a time when the cheifs were not my favorite. My first Halloween coustume I chose was a KC Cheif (Joe Montana). I still watch every game, no matter how bad.

2.) San Fransico 49ners. I like this team mainly because of Mr. Montana, who just happens to be my favorite football player. they are a distant second.

College Basketball:

1.) KU Jayhawks. The first ever roadtrip I remember going on with my dad was to catch a KU senior game playing in Great Bend, Kansas. (I think) I have supported them through thick and thin, through Bucknell and Bradley, through Syracuse and Maryland. I love this team, and I was incredibly happy when they won.

2.) Wichita State. Hometown boys, and we knew a guy who got us free tickets. I root for them pretty hard, but not as hard as KU.

• Upvote 1

NCAA Football/Basketball/Baseball:

University of Georgia - pretty much my whole family went there and I've been a fan as long as I can remember. Knowshon for Heisman

MLB:

1. Atlanta Braves - the team closest to me. I liked them better when they actually won, unlike this year

2. Tampa Bay Rays - no, not just because they are in the world series. I have liked them ever since they came into existence because they were always the underdog

NBA:

1. Atlanta Hawks - once again, the team closest to me. Pretty much the only good players we have are Josh Smith and Joe Johnson though...

2. Cleveland Cavs - Lebron is a complete beast, he is the best player in the NBA (sorry Kobe)

NHL

Detroit Red Wings - Best friend plays for the Wings (well on their AHL team right now, but won the cup with them.)

Edmonton Oilers - Cheered for them when they suck, and hey, somethings never change.

St Louis Blues - Paul Kariya. 'nuff said.

MLB

Minnesota Twins - Grew up cheering for them

Toronto Blue Jays - Canadian, so sue me

Chicago Cubs - A girl can dream

CFL

Saskatchewan Roughriders - Rider Nation Salutes you!

NCAA

UVA lacrosse - brother is going there next year

UMaine hockey

yeah, why all the hot girls up here are into hocket but not football.

Hockey.

Only sport where you see grown men beat the crap out of each other, glide around on razor sharp blades of steel carrying weapons.

Ah...

Hockey season is back.

• Upvote 1

i just spent 80 dollars that i should be using for rent on fucking hockey tickets. They are going to be shit seats to, watch. I fucking hate this sport. Hate it.

How can you HATE hockey?

You get to watch blood bounce off the ice!

NHL

Detroit Red Wings - Best friend plays for the Wings (well on their AHL team right now, but won the cup with them.)

Edmonton Oilers - Cheered for them when they suck, and hey, somethings never change.

St Louis Blues - Paul Kariya. 'nuff said.

MLB

Minnesota Twins - Grew up cheering for them

Toronto Blue Jays - Canadian, so sue me

Chicago Cubs - A girl can dream

CFL

Saskatchewan Roughriders - Rider Nation Salutes you!

NCAA

UVA lacrosse - brother is going there next year

UMaine hockey

...cant be fucking serious

i just spent 80 dollars that i should be using for rent on fucking hockey tickets. They are going to be shit seats to, watch. I fucking hate this sport. Hate it.

I once sat through Womens Basketball for a girl. Get over it.