Bruce Willis

Claim and defend your team loyalties

nfl:

steelers/jets (my cousin got traded from the steelers to the jets over the last offseason. So I just became a jets fan.)

ncaaf:

texas. I'm a ut student, and i've always been a fan.

all other sports are inconsequential.

• Upvote 1

NFL: Redskins

washington.redskins_article.jpg

All you Cowboy fans can stick it!

NBA: Agent Zero and the Wizards

Washington_Wizards_alternate_logo_(1998-present).PNG

MLB: Yankeeeeesss

new-york-yankees-poster1.jpg

NCAA Football: Cavs (anybody see that Maryland game????!?!?!)

viriginia_cavaliers300.jpg&usg=AFQjCNEjFJ7j1fDDEGT_UcSgK9NTmLeA2g

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Cowboys

Mizzou Tigers

OKC Thunder

STL Cards/any team really, I just love baseball.

Penguins in NHL

Jamie

Mizzou Tigers

Wait, you go to tech but your ncaaf team is a higher-ranked conference opponent?

o.o'

which reminds me, I need to get tickets to the texas-mizzou game..

Guest cjiron

My only team is the LSU TIGERS! going to win it all again this year in football.

Wait, you go to tech but your ncaaf team is a higher-ranked conference opponent?

o.o'

which reminds me, I need to get tickets to the texas-mizzou game..

HAHAHA. Good luck, and if you do let me know.

MLB: Royals definitely come first. I'm a life-long resident of Kansas City and baseball is my favorite sport as a fan.

Braves are second in baseball; I'm a fan for two reasons. First, I love how they built their team around excellent pitching and I actually remember watching the 1991 World Series (Atlanta went from worst to first and lost in 7 in what is one of the best Series of all time). Second, it's easy to be a fan when they are always on TV.

NFL: Chiefs. Another sad franchise I've been a fan of for 25 years.

NCAA: Missouri. I'm an alum of the UM System and I worked for Missouri for a while. I love Columbia and I've been a Tiger fan for life, which is interesting in Kansas City since you are outnumbered by jackass Jayhawk fans.

As a Catholic, I am also a Notre Dame fan. I almost cried when Reggie Bush pushed Matt Lineart into the end zone for the win in South Bend. I'm also drinking the Jimmy Clausen kool-aid. It tastes good.

For very little reason, I like Duke basketball. I take plenty of abuse for this and I really don't care. I love the way Coach K does his thing and the type of player the program produces. Also, one of the most vivid sports memories of my life was the 1992 Elite Eight game against Kentucky. I can remember every detail of where I was and what I was doing and I've been a Duke fan ever sense.

For the record, one of my other most vivid memories growing up was the 1995 Missouri-UCLA game. Every March, I have to watch it 400 times too. It's like a Mizzou fan's hell.

I also like the Penguins in the NHL.

NBA- Washington Wizards: hometown team, they are a consitently exciting team, and they are pretty much a team that could get far... if they never hit the Cavaliers in the playoffs...

MLB

Baltimore Orioles:...yeah, yeah get the laughs out. This was the team that got me interested in baseball, I still enjoy baseball, just not as much. However... It's more of a hometown thing, and that the Nats suck... they are about the same but still.... they are a last place team from now till 20??

Boston Red Sox: Yankees win too much, Baltimore is mired in a division where they'll finish in 5th for at least another 10-20 years, or if everyone else in their division dies off(whatever's first). This is more of a team that I can count on for the playoffs and that are exciting, and I feel are more deserving of my favor than a lot of other teams in the league.

San Fransico Giants: More or less because of Barry Bonds' dominance (73 HR's anyone). I've pretty much ignored them since he left. and I will say this. If he used Steroids, he did when everyone else did...

NFL: Washington Redskins. Funny story> in the days of Madden 2001, my favorite team was the one I used the most aka the Dallas Cowboys. I got older, wiser and realised that the Redskins were more interesting to watch, they were closer, and they did not have a quarterback that failed every time he brought a girlfriend to the game... or a critical play in the playoffs either.

NCAA: Virginia- mom went there, started to like them after last year....

NHL:Capitals

MLS:DC United

NFL:

Kansas City Chiefs (hometown)

MLB:

Kansas City Royals (hometown)

NBA:

Phoenix Suns (Steve Nash, fast paced offense)

Golden State Warriors (all offense, no defense... like them less now with Baron Davis gone)

NCAA Football:

Kansas Jayhawks (hometown)

NCAA Basketball:

Creighton Blujays (my school)

Kansas Jayhawks (hometown)

MLB: Rockies. My favorite team in any capacity and the one I've followed through their long, terrible history. 2007 was an incredible year for native Denverites like myself. I also like the Phillies and Brewers.

NCAA Hockey: Denver. Our only strong team (unless you count skiing, and I don't), and a damn good one at that.

Also Michigan State.

NCAA Basketball: Michigan State. My dad's school and a team I grew up loving.

Georgetown. I almost attended GU and so I feel loyal to the Hoyas.

NCAA Football: Michigan State and Colorado. It's good to see that one of those teams is decent this year!

NFL: Broncos. I loved watching the Elway/McCaffrey/Smith/Davis team, and the Cutler/Marshall/Royal/Bailey incarnation, while not yet legendary, is close to equal for entertainment value. I really don't care for any other NFL teams, though there are certainly some teams I hate more than others (Chargers and Cowboys, for instance).

NBA: I'll concede that I didn't really follow the Nuggets before we drafted Carmelo. I tend to prefer NCAA basketball to the NBA (just as I prefer NFL football to college). I like LeBron and the Cavs, and I hate the Spurs.

NHL: I really couldn't care less. I like the Avs when pushed, but that's about as far as it goes.

MLS/Soccer: I've never watched a full game outside of the World Cup (I was in Mexico at the time).

Edited by TheGreatInstigator
  • Upvote 2

Duke Bluedevils I just love everything about Duke. Coach K is the best.

On the "add friends" feature of this website, you added me months ago and i havent accepted. This is why.

hometown favorites:

rockets - nba

astros - mlb

dynamo - mls

longhorns - ncaa

outside of h-town:

avalanche - nhl

michigan/kansas - ncaa

broncos/redskins/ravens - nfl

Ruben: how exactly can you claim so many baseball teams? That's more than a division's worth.

Well the A's and Royals are my two favorite teams. If they were to ever play each other in the ALCS, I'd probably root for the A's (obviously the A's would then go on to win the World Series), then the following year the Royals (because obviously it would be an Oakland-KC rematch), but really it's a no lose situation for me.

The Pads were the first baseball team I ever saw when I was a baby (at the Murph), so I have a special connection to them. The Astros are my dad's and grandfather's favorite team, so there's some interest there. I just love the city of Chicago so much, and I hate the Cardinals so much, I just have to root for the Cubs. But really I only follow or really care about any of these teams if they are in the playoffs (or if they can help me piss StL fans off). Neither of them have an impact of my mood--unlike when the A's lose in the playoffs, and I have to drink my depression away. But really, why would anyone ever want to follow the National League? It's inferior to the AL. I could really care less about the NLCS right now. Well that's not really true, I do care, but very little, because of Ryan Howard (Mo State grad!), and it would be nice to see him get to the World Series. Hopefully he'll say something awesome like he did after he won the Home Run Derby and give some props to Mo State/SMS.

How can UCLA-Mizzou be an agonizing moment for you? I remember watching that live and thinking how awesome it was.

Well the A's and Royals are my two favorite teams. If they were to ever play each other in the ALCS, I'd probably root for the A's (obviously the A's would then go on to win the World Series), then the following year the Royals (because obviously it would be an Oakland-KC rematch), but really it's a no lose situation for me.

Who do you root for when they play during the regular season (usually when KC gets dominated)?

Pro Sports

Basketball - Spurs all the way. Old but good. And when they weren't old they were unstoppable.

Baseball - My hometown Brewers, The Boston Red Sox in the AL. ANYONE BUT THE YANKEES!!!

Football - Tennessee Titans. Even when they were the Oilers, they were my fav. I gotta give some love to my Packers though.

Tennis - My fav of all time is Andre Agassi. I modeled my game after his. But my current favorite players are David Nalbandian (Viva Argentina!!) Novak Djokovic and Serena Williams (need I say more)

College Sports

Basketball - Marquette Golden Eagles (my alma mater). I've always been a fan of Kentucky basketball since I was a kid. I'm a big Tennessee Vols fan. And Wisconsin and Creighton are favs of mine too.

Football - Anyone but USC and Notre Dame, LOL. But seriously, I hate that my alma mater doesn't have a football team, so I'm forced to root for the Badgers I guess. I like Alabama football as well as West Virginia. Boise State is a favorite of mine too.

Baseball - Cal State Fullerton

Tennis - Illinois for men, Georgia for women

Pro Sports

Basketball - Spurs all the way. Old but good. And when they weren't old they were unstoppable.

Baseball - My hometown Brewers, The Boston Red Sox in the AL. ANYONE BUT THE YANKEES!!!

Football - Tennessee Titans. Even when they were the Oilers, they were my fav. I gotta give some love to my Packers though.

Tennis - My fav of all time is Andre Agassi. I modeled my game after his. But my current favorite players are David Nalbandian (Viva Argentina!!) Novak Djokovic and Serena Williams (need I say more)

College Sports

Basketball - Marquette Golden Eagles (my alma mater). I've always been a fan of Kentucky basketball since I was a kid. I'm a big Tennessee Vols fan. And Wisconsin and Creighton are favs of mine too.

Football - Anyone but USC and Notre Dame, LOL. But seriously, I hate that my alma mater doesn't have a football team, so I'm forced to root for the Badgers I guess. I like Alabama football as well as West Virginia. Boise State is a favorite of mine too.

Baseball - Cal State Fullerton

Tennis - Illinois for men, Georgia for women

Who do you root for when they play during the regular season (usually when KC gets dominated)?

Pretty much it's just who needs the win more. A few years ago, it was always the A's who needed the win to help in a playoff push (20 game winning streak ring a bell?) and the A's always won. I think one year the A's went something like 13-2 against KC. Lately, the team I'm rooting for loses. Blows.

MLB: Minnesota Twins - I've been raised here, I used to have season tickets, yeah. Plus they play the game the right way, and are fun to watch.

NHL: Minnesota Wild - Above.

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins - When I was growing up Minnesota didn't have a NHL team, and the first hockey game I ever watched was an all-star game, and I thought Mario and Jagr were the shit.

NFL: Minnesota Vikings - I really wish I wasn't...

NBA: Minnesota Timberwolves - I hate this team. But I don't really like the NBA that much so it doesn't make sense to cheer for someone else. Tickets are insanely expensive for such an inferior product as well.

NCAAF: Minnesota Golden Gophers - Where I'll go to college. Also the only real college team in Minnesota.

NCAAB: Minnesota Golden Gophers - Ok, I just started actually caring about them when they got Tubby Smith to coach them. But they're fun to watch.

NCAAB: UCLA. This actually originally came from a hatred of USC. I started cheering for them 3 years ago before the NCAA tournament, and they managed to get to the finals.

NCAAH: Just Guess. Gophers. Best College Hockey team by far.

NCAAH: Minnesota-Duluth Bulldogs. My parents love hockey and went there, i've had uncles that played there. I've never lived in Duluth though, so it's always the Gophers first.

you know - i really do feel like an outsider for being in Minnesota and not liking hockey.

in fact, in my short period of dating so far up here, i constantly hear girls say "if you can get tickets to the Wild, i'd [insert sexual phrase]...

am i missing something?