Bruce Willis

Claim and defend your team loyalties

MLB:

-Oakland Athletics: My favorite sports team in the world. Baseball is my favorite sport, I was born out in Calif. and "became" a fan at 3.

-Kansas City Royals: My home town team.

-San Diego Padres: I was born in Oceanside, Calif. I guess you can call them my "original" home town team.

-Chicago Cubs: I love the city of Chicago, and we share a mutual hatred of the St. Louis Cardinals.

-Houston Astros: My dad's favorite team.

Note: All NL teams are secondary. I really only follow them in the playoffs. Ultimately, their success during the season or post season does not dictate my mood.

Note 2: When the A's and Royals play each other I usually root for the A's, unless a Royals win would help them reach the playoffs.

NFL:

-Kansas City Chiefs: Home town football team.

-Dallas Cowboys: My parents are huge Cowboys fans. Before I moved from Japan back to the US I didn't even know there was another football team other than the Cowboys.

Note: When the Chiefs and Cowboys play, I root for the team which could use the win more. If they were ever to play in the Super Bowl against each other, I imagine I'd just get really drunk, black out and pretend the game ended in a tie.

NBA:

-San Antonio Spurs: I guess. I don't really like the NBA, but I root for the Spurs in the playoffs because my parents are big fans. If KC ever gets a team, they would become my favorite team.

NHL:

-Colorado Avalanche: When I started following the NHL in the 90s the Avs were badass, so I "adopted" them. Again, if KC gets a team, I'd have a new favorite.

NCAA:

-Missouri State University: My school.

-Texas A&M: My parents school. I probably knew the Aggie War Hymn before I knew the Our Father.

-University of Kansas: This is really only for basketball (they are KC's "pro-team"), but I'll root for them in football if it means Mizzou loses. Oh, we also share a hatred for Mizzou.

Soccer:

-KC Wizards: Eh.

-AC Milan: When I started following European soccer, I'm pretty sure I was watching a Milan-Juventes game, and something just clicked.

That's all I can really think of.

• Downvote 1

Do I have to?... *sigh*

mlb:

Seattle - I've watched their games since whenever I can remember. I'm pre bandwagon, hell even before the 1995 bandwagoneers jumped aboard. I remember listening to their games on the radio before they were even played on tv.

Rays - Somebody has to stick it to the yanks and Boston, and everyone and their grandma knows the orioles can't step up to the plate (I'm so punny)

nfl:

Seahawks - Again, been watching this team forever. Back when they had Warren as a runningback and were sucktacular. I've been through the ups and downs (more downs than ups though).

college football:

Nevada Wolfpack - My uncle is the special teams coordinator and defensive end coordinator.

I watched their games and met a few of the players on the team. The guys on the team are really nice, practically docile. Their QB Colin Kaepernick is going places. He's the quickest qb I've ever seen. Last week he ran the ball 240 yards on 18 attempts. Not to mention the guy has almost too good of an arm. (he throws the ball so hard it's difficult to catch) Oh, and he's only a sophmore.

NBA:

Spurs - I've always hated the Seattle Sonics, probably something to do with Kemp or other idiots htey've had on their team. So, surprisingly this isn't a seattle team. I've always liked David Robinson, how he conducted himself, played hard etc. Then when they got Duncan it was like 2 Robs on the court, and they were just fun to watch.

Those are the only sports teams I "follow". Though I really only watch football and baseball.

• Downvote 1

mlb

1. kansas city royals; i love this team with an adoration seldom seen in other sports. about the only instance of home town reppin' you'll see me do

2. atlanta braves; my dad always liked em and chipper was my hero growing up

i kinda like a lot of other teams but the only constants have been kc and atl. i was a devil rays fan when they had boggs and mcgriff, and i'm real glad to see them doing well right now.

nfl

1. dallas cowboys; always been my favorite--cousin got me an emmitt smith autograph one thanksgiving when i was really young. i stuck through them through the quincy carter years. i deserve a damn playoff win.

2. arizona cardinals; this is more of a recent thing, but anquan boldin is probably my favorite non-cowboy or non-ochocinco in the league. i keep hoping they break through and maybe this is the year? we'll see

i like some other teams too--my AFC team has always been the dolphins, which has been ugly lately. kinda like the whole AFC west minus the raiders, too. and the saints. but none of these hurt when they lose.

ncaa basketball

1. duke. yes, i am prepared to take it this year.

--gap--duke is really the number one team, the rest are just other teams i kind of like, and there's a huge gap here.

2. virginia!!!! SAMMY ZEGLINSKI GON' TAKE THE CHAMPYSHIP!!!

3. arizona state--this university is awesome, herb sendek's a good guy..james harden is a beast. the cheerleaders are bangin. i don't know what's NOT to like. they're like the good guys in the pac ten.

4. xavier--i've been a fan of sean miller for awhile. he's a great coach and this is my favorite of the non monster conferences

5. marquette--dwyane wade through jerel mcneal, plus my buddy goes there

6. texas--my favorite team in the big twelve, generally. sometimes changes a little

7. kentucky--billy g is a beast. i was pissed at them sending tubby off, but unlike most duke fans, this is the one SEC team i'll pull for

8. tulsa--why not?

9. stephon curry--yeaaahh.

10. georgetown, villanova, pitt--the big east teams i'll generally root for

ncaa football

1. kansas--i grew up rooting for terry allen's teams. i earned any success that i get from rooting for them.

--gap--

2. virginia, when they have chris long. and jameel sewell.

3. tulsa--blame my new roommate for this newfound adoration for the golden hurricanes. i think i've been brainwashed

4. kentucky--again, the only sec team i like

5. arizona state, come on boys. get it together!

6. virginia now

nba

i don't really have any one team, like bruce sorta. my teams are contingent upon personnel and coaching,which turnover significantly. so this might not be true later. but teams i like right now:

magic, hornets, jazz, suns, bulls as long as ben gordon is on the bench, and the lebrons

mostly this is determined by players i like the most though. so yeah.

ncaa softball:

1. arizona!!!!!

i'm serious guys

ncaa lacrosse

1. duke

2. virginia

3. i don't like anyone else

nhl

stars, but i don't really care. also anyone with keith tkachuk.

soccer

don't care

tennis

ANDRE AGASSI

and i guess james blake

also sharapova and kirilenko, g'damn

MLB:

The Minnesota Twinkies and whoever is playing the White Sox, Yankees, or Red Sox in the playoffs.

NL: I root for the Cubs. Shit, they're out. GO RAYS!

NFL:

DENVER BRONCOS UBER ALLES! Jay Cutler is leading that team to the Super Bowl bitches. Defense is my ass.

NBA:

Minnesota Timberwolves. Al Jefferson and Mike Miller are taking this young team to the playoffs. Watch out for ' em.

NHL:

WILD! WILD! WILD!

NCAA Football:

THE MINNESOTA GOLDEN GOPHERS! Coach Brewster and the Gophers are going to a bowl game this year.

NCAA Basketball:

Minnesota Gophers. Watch out for Coach Smith and these boys...they fuck you up.

George Washington Colonials. I guess I have to like them now.

I hate Georgetown. Fuck them.

Golf:

Tiger Woods. I've always enjoyed watching him and rooting for the colored boy. (not meant to be derogative, I just like to root for the minorities in sports dominated by the oppressive white race.)

Olympics:

USA USA USA. I hate Americans who don't support team USA, you all should be shot.

WSOP and WPT:

Johnny Chan, Daniel Negranaeu, Phil Hellmuth, Scottie Nguyen, Dan Harrington, and John Juanda. I love playing poker and I love watching it.

Yeah, the Red Sox and Pats are my teams. Hey, at least I can claim supporting them in the worst of times, back in the days of Bledsoe and Nomar, and at least I can claim being from Massachusetts.

If you're ever wondering why pricks from New England act so damn smug about their sports teams, it's because they remember losing and want to cherish the good ol' days, because another few decades of sucking is probably coming sooner or later.

I'll take Boston College in any sport. Other than that, my NCAA loyalties go as far as my bets do.

• Upvote 1

Guest Unconditional Fiat

The only sports to me that matter are: College football and basketball, NFL and the MLB. Outside of that i don't care. However, i am trying to get into basketball.

College Football

1. Oklahoma Sooners. I was raised as a OU fan, i rooted for them in their highs and lows and I will die an OU fan.

2. Tulsa. I grew up right outside of tulsa and then lived in tulsa. When Tulsa and OU play i root for OU but Tulsa is always my c-usa favorite.

Factoid: did you know that finding ou or tulsa gear in cali or mn is nearly impossible and what can be found is sad/laughable?

3. Minnesota. My college and whatnot. Besides, they have "golden" in their name so when i watch them i think of Tulsa.

NFL

I've never grew to a liking of specific teams as much as i like specific players. However, if i had to do a list:

Titans, Vikings, 'fins. Out of those three, i root for the fins the most, mainly because my dad was a big fins fan and whatnot.

MLB

1. Boston Red Sox - I love my sox 'till death do us part. I've only been watching MLB since 2006 so i can't claim to be a true fan, but I like how they play and recruit.

2. Twins - Local team and i've watched them since around '6 as well.

NBA

I rooted for the celtics since last year but i also really like the bulls (Jordon and whatnot). However, no true dedication till i watch more of the sport.

College Basketball

1. Duke.

2. OU

3. Tulsa

4. Oral Roberts

5. Minnesota.

I root for those teams in those orders unless OU plays Duke then i root for my Sooners first.

Edited by Unconditional Fiat

im from an interesting part of the country (toledo, ohio) when it comes to sports allegiances. We are about an hour from detroit, about 45 minutes from the University of Michigan, and an hour and a half or so from cleveland. On top of this, you get a lot of people who like Cincinatti teams.

College Sports - When it comes to college basketball I have always loved the Connecticut Huskies, going back to Ray Allen's days. I also fell in love with the UNC-Duke rivalry and have developed a hatred of Duke that has been a major influence on my life. Perhaps my favorite sports moment of any kind came in 1999 when Richard Hamilton and company beat Duke, "the greatest team of all time", with elton brand and trajan langdon, etc. Sorry, sev, but not really.

Football has not really been my favorite sport in quite some time. I grew up loving Notre Dame (wierd since i hate duke) and they were never that great, and the browns dont really arent that fun to love either. But, now that I go to Ohio State ive been able to see some really special things, and it gives you a greater appreciation for the game. For example, the Ohiostate-michigan game from a couple years ago was really awesome to be at in person. loud the whole time and the home team won. we all thought we had just won a national championship.

Another reason why i like ohio state football now is that one of my good friends growing up and at school is on the team, and contributing in a meaningful way. Hes the third wide reciever so its always fun to see him on the field and scoring touchdowns.

basketball and baseball are my favorite sports though.

i love Lebron and the Cavs and think this is the year we are gonna win it all. Mo Williams should be a HUGE help. while i still love connecticut, i am a huge ohio state basketball fan, i think i might be the only kid at the school who gets more excited about basketball than football.

Baseball

Huge cardinals fan, 2006 world series was awesome. just a really special time in my life. it was my quarter in college, my roommate is a tigers fan so we both had a lot of fun in the playoffs and we got to go to Game 2 in Detroit. a really great experience.

because of my roommate, and being so close to detroit i go to alot of their games and cheer for them. Carlos guillen is awesome, and its fun to watch magglo and curtis too.

i watch the rays play spring training every year in St. Pete's Beach and ive loved Scott Kazmir for awhile. I have had a lot of fun watching them this year. at the Bw3s near my place in columbus i spent 3 or 4 days a week (whenever i wasnt working) watching the rays and cardinals play. tigers, not so much fun this year.

one last tidbit. i usually see the cardinals play at least 5 or 6 times in person a year, usually in cincy or chicago, or detroit in interleague but this year i actually got to go to stl to see them play in the new stadium. really awesome experience.

A little bit of background. Ok, I lived a small portion (five years) in Athens Ga where there is nothing save the university. I have a mother who is a KU alum an uncle thats a KU alum/former football player, my best friends attends KU etc etc. Other than that though:

NFL: The Chiefs. Fuck any other team in the league especially the Broncos.

MLB: Royals/ Braves.

NCAA: Some of you remember my loyalty to the University of Kansas, I was brainwashed, but I snapped out of that shit and pledged my allegiance to real university. GO TIGERS!!! Additionally, you will hear me say GO DAWGS every now and then, force of habit, but we all know where my heart lies.

NBA: Fuck the NBA and all teams associated with this backwards ass league. There are some good guys forced to work under this iron curtain of an organization and I feel sorry for them.

NHL: Remember the blades, damn i miss the blades (though i never really followed the games). However, back in the day I was the biggest snoop fan and admired his wearing of hockey jerseys. At that time I was buying and playing NHL hockey games for my Sega and grew a fond love for the NJ Devils. Fuck the Red Wings!

• Downvote 1

mlb

don't really care that much, but probably boston.

nfl

denver-big elway/davis/mcaffrey/mike andersen fan.

anyone who's playing the raiders

san diego-eric weddle/merriman fan

ncaa basketball

1. utah

ncaa football

1. byu

2. utah

nba

jazz for life

ncaa lacrosse

hopkins

duke

nhl

wherever rob blake is

soccer

rsl, i guess

MLB: Royals/ Braves.

NCAA: Some of you remember my loyalty to the University of Kansas, I was brainwashed, but I snapped out of that shit and pledged my allegiance to real university. GO TIGERS!!! Additionally, you will hear me say GO DAWGS every now and then, force of habit, but we all know where my heart lies.

haha i snapped out of the ku basketball brainwash but that was about it. and we're best friends during baseball season.

College Sports - When it comes to college basketball I have always loved the Connecticut Huskies, going back to Ray Allen's days. I also fell in love with the UNC-Duke rivalry and have developed a hatred of Duke that has been a major influence on my life. Perhaps my favorite sports moment of any kind came in 1999 when Richard Hamilton and company beat Duke, "the greatest team of all time", with elton brand and trajan langdon, etc. Sorry, sev, but not really.

greatest team of all time? that wasn't even the greatest duke team of all time. 91&92 ftw

greatest team of all time? that wasn't even the greatest duke team of all time. 91&92 ftw

o i completely agree, but the media was saying they shouldnt even play the game, that duke could have beat some NBA teams (they might have given the kings and clippers a run for their money that year).

yeah, they probably would have. they were definitely the best team in the ncaa that year. but sometimes the cards just don't fall right, especially in one-and-done formats

(sports listed in order of interest from greatest to least)

mlb: chicago. white. sox. i abandoned my father's team (the pirates) when i was in 2nd grade and picked the team with the biggest name at the time (in my mind) - frank "the big hurt" thomas. since then, i've endured a hell of a lot of mediocrity and one triumphant world series so i think i've paid my dues. say what you want about our style of play, i really couldn't care less. good guys wear black. that said, my relationship toward both the pirates and the royals is a fond one. they're like adorably incompetent younger siblings that you're excited to see having a good time. that and the royals AAA team is in omaha, so i've seen probably over a hundred of those games.

nhl pittsburgh penguins. this originated in one of my more contrary moments. pop's a flyers fan, so i naturally had to pick a team as opposing to them as i could. plus, they had cool jerseys. mario lemieux is the greatest player ever to touch ice. at the end of game six of the stanley cup finals this year, i nearly cried. you can't write more drama into sports than that. i have as much respect for red wings fans as i have for yankees and patriots fans. that is to say, piss off. (and by the way, i hate the rules changes. i liked watching grind it out hockey just as much as the next...6 guys).

nfl the san francisco 49ers. this was inherited from my father right at the end of joe "cool" montana's dynasty. i'll still claim them proudly, despite the last few years. the memory of victory glows faintly in the back of my mind.

ncaa baseball creighton and nebraska, in no particular order. just good ole hometown loyalties at work here. jaba chamberlin is the equivalent of anakin skywalker as far as i'm concerned. "you were the chosen. you were supposed to bring balance to the force not plunge it into darkness!"

ncaa football notre dame and the huskers. hometown loyalty and some arbitrary sense of heritage and underdoggedness that probably comes from "rudy". well, i guess dad like notre dame. give the 'skers a little while to rebuild after the schizophrenic meltdown suffered post osbourne and we should be fine. getting back to the run game sounds good.

ncaa basketball creighton. for some reason i absolutely don't care about nebraska basketball, and creighton is a fun underdog "old school" style team to watch. in short, i enjoy basketball that still involves shooting as the primary means of scoring.

NBA i come very close to not caring about this sport at all, but when i was little my grandpa convinced me larry bird was the greatest of all time, so i guess the celtics. maybe they're borrowing some of that "luck of the irish" stuff from notre dame, but not much anymore.

you guys know american soccer is a joke, right?

MLB:

New York Yankees - Hate me or love me, you can't make me or break me. Regardless, I've always been a fan of the Yank.s I've gotten a lot of shit for it from when I lived in Connected 5 years back from all my friends who were die hard Red Sox fans. I just love their history and everything they've done for baseball. They're a great team, even though they haven't succeeded in the post season in recent history.

Houston Astros - What can I say? It's a hometown type of thing. I never really followed the Astros much until about 5 years ago when I moved to Texas. Even so, I follow them pretty consistently and even attend a game every now and then when it fits in my schedule.

NFL:

Dallas Cowboys - They are my team. Ever since I can remember they were the team I watched. They inspired me to get interested in football and grow to love the sport. I keep up with them regularly and just love everything about them. They're my hometown team, especially since I live in Texas now.

New England Patriots - You can laugh all you want or you can whine about how they're cheaters or whatever. I've supported them for years since I lived in New England for 3 years way back when. Suddenly they got good and everyone started hatin' on them. I like them and I like that their attitude when they're winning. Bill Belichick is a great coach, Tom Brady is one of the best QBs in history, and I'll still stick with my Patriots, even if they do choke in a Super Bowl.

Minnnesota Vikings - This may seem random but I've got a lot of history with the Vikings. When I was a kid, my two best friends and I (I rememebr one of them was Sean Bell but I can't remember the other kid) absolutely loved the Vikings. We all had Dante Culpepper and Randy Moss Jerseys. Dennis Green was a beast Coach and they were a fun team to watch. I still keep up with my purple friends and I think they're only going to get better.

NBA:

Indiana Pacers - I fell in love with the Pacers when I was a child. I always watched Reggie Miller (aka #31, aka, it's miller time, aka the best clutch shooter in the game) beast on everyone (Anyone remember the ridiculous amount of points he scored at MSG against the Knicks in a span of the last 8 seconds of the game?) Anyways, they've sucked as of late, but I still hold true to them. They've never been one of the premier teams (they were pretty good in the early 2000s), but I gotta love 'em.

Houston Rockets - It's a hometown type of thing. I love T-Mac and Yao Ming. The Rockets are a great organizatoin and if they can work together then they'll only get better. I'm with the Rockets through the good and bad.

Boston Celtics and Chicago Bulls - Growing up I watched these two teams more than I watched any other team, to be honest. They were just so fun to watch. (I have a personal hatred against the Lakers). These two teams ignited my love for the game and kept me interested through the years. I was so happy that my boys in Boston finally brought another NBA Championship to town.

NCAA Football:

Texas Longhorns - It's a hometown thing. I love the Longhorns. I'm going to most likely be going to UT-Austin next fall. I bleed orange.

Notre Dame Fighting Irish - This is the team I have always watched from the days of when I was a little kid. I've been with them when they were beasting on everyone, and I've been with them when they've been sucking (ie, last few seasons). They're one team I'll always be a fan of.

West Virginia Mountaineers - This is more of something that started 3-4 years ago. Pat White and Steve Slayton are just too fun to watch. I like their new coach. I like the way they run their offense. What's not to like about these guys?

NCAA Basketball:

Duke Bluedevils - Always been a favorite of mine. Huge rivlary with UNC. I just love everything about Duke. Coach K is the best.

UCONN Huskies - I love them, always have, always will. I used to live in Connecticut and I always kept up with the Huskies (both men and women). Coach Jim Calhoun is a great guy. Emeka Okafor and the Huskies beasted a few years ago. They are just a great organization to watch, again both men and women. Geno Auriema (sp?) is one of the best coaches in Women's Basketball . Connecticut just knows how to play basketball. They do an excellent job every year. I just wish I could go watch them again.

Kentucky Wildcats - They were my first love. Kentucky, like Connecticut and North Carolina, knows how to basketball it up. Tubby Smith is one of the best coaches ever, IMO. I just love Kentucky. GO BLUE.

Texas Longhorns - My favorite Big 12 team, obviously and I live in Texas so it's a given. They're fun to watch.

Louisville Cardinals, Arizona St., Georgetown, UNC are other tems I like

Tennis:

Andre Agassi - 'nuff said. I always watched him growing up. I loved it when he won. He is the one that made me love Tennis.

NHL:

Pittsburgh Penguins - Mario Lemiux is my favorite ever. Sidney Crosby is a beast now. I still love Gretzky but the Penguins are my team. I'm not a die-hard hockey fan, I just like the Penguins better than anyone else.

Nascar:

Jeff Gordon, Jimmie Johnson, Dale Earnhardt Jr. - I like Nascar. I keep a close eye on all three of these guys. Out of them, Gordon is my all-time favorite.

Golf:

Tiger Woods - He's my favorite. I've watched him since he first started playing. People thought I was crazy when I said he was going to be the best golfer in history. I love golf, by the way.

• Downvote 1

NCAA Basketball:

Duke Bluedevils - Always been a favorite of mine. Huge rivlary with UNC. I just love everything about Duke. Coach K is the best.

UCONN Huskies - I love them, always have, always will. I used to live in Connecticut and I always kept up with the Huskies (both men and women). Coach Jim Calhoun is a great guy. Emeka Okafor and the Huskies beasted a few years ago. They are just a great organization to watch, again both men and women. Geno Auriema (sp?) is one of the best coaches in Women's Basketball . Connecticut just knows how to play basketball. They do an excellent job every year. I just wish I could go watch them again.

Kentucky Wildcats - They were my first love. Kentucky, like Connecticut and North Carolina, knows how to basketball it up. Tubby Smith is one of the best coaches ever, IMO. I just love Kentucky. GO BLUE.

Texas Longhorns - My favorite Big 12 team, obviously and I live in Texas so it's a given. They're fun to watch.

Louisville Cardinals, Arizona St., Georgetown, UNC are other tems I like

?

• Upvote 1

MLB:

LA Dodgers - Grew up in LA, and my earliest sports memory is the my dad going crazy during the one minute of radio silence after Kirk Gibson. Anyone who has debated at a Great Lakes area tourney, im the guy in the Dodgers cap

St Louis Cardinals- Moved to St. Louis area at 15, the team is so prevalent there and i go to a lot of games during the summer.

Detroit Tigers- Picked up an American League team in college. I was there on opening day after the 119 loss season.

My pecking order is Dodgers>Cardinals>Tigers. Anyone who has been here for awhile will verify my Dodger fandom is not just bandwagoning.

NFL:

Dont really have a team. When i was 10 two teams left my home town. so when i got into sports at that age, i had no home team. So i root for good games and players i like.

NBA:

LA Lakers: The only team to never truly break my heart. 6 championships in my lifetime. My mom got me into them when i was little. Ive been a fan since i could say Kareem.

LA Clippers: because nobody else did.

NHL

St. Louis Blues: Didnt get into hockey until recently, and i was livng in STL at the time. So I picked these guys.

Montreal Canadiens: I love that their history and alternative language.

Soccer:

LA Galaxy and Chivas USA

Chelsea

USA and Ireland National Teams.

NCAA:

I didnt give a crap aobut collegiate athletics till i was at MSU, so in football, basketball, and hockey, i root for them. Fortunately we compete in all 3.

• Downvote 1

MLS- Chicago Fire

NFL- Minnesota Vikings

NBA- I don't watch enough to really be too loyal, but i would go with the Timberwolves.

MLB- Again, Im not a avid baseball watcher, but I'll go with the Twins.

Favorite WoW Player- Nesdarmuha

NHL- the Minnesota Wild and Ottawa Senators

I have seen that others have added favorite online MMROPG players.

I have delved in the game known as World of Warcraft and I would have to say that the most badass WoWer ever was Dextermage of Elwyn Forrest. He was of the wizarding class, a true badass Mage on Azjul-Nerub Server.

Horde better watch the fuck out, because they blow. FOR THE ALLIANCE!

Guest Unconditional Fiat

"fag...ou never plays duke...loozer"

have you never heard of march madness? it's sorta of a small tourney, so if you haven't i forgive you.

maybe its just me, or are there better teams to get drunk to than in the WI?

ps. burns, how are you enjoying the magic of favre?