ElThies

Olathe Northwest - Oct 3 & 4

We are still looking for judges for all prelim rounds and most all elim rounds. If you wouldn't mind judging a few rounds (unlikely) and wouldn't mind waking up at an ungodly hour to head on over to Olathe Northwest (even more unlikely), please PM me or shoot me an email (jdthies<at>gmail<dot>com). It would be greatly appreciated.

On the up side, I hear we usually have a more-than-legit hospitality room. Unfortunately, I cannot speak from experience because Mr. Anderson would rather see me, and all the other ONW debaters, starve than risk us taking a brownie that some bus driver was eyeing, so I have never been inside the actual room.

I would love to go judge, but I don't really have any means of transportation.... If any schools are going and need school judges please let me know!

On the up side, I hear we usually have a more-than-legit hospitality room. Unfortunately, I cannot speak from experience because Mr. Anderson would rather see me, and all the other ONW debaters, starve than risk us taking a brownie that some bus driver was eyeing, so I have never been inside the actual room.

I can attest to the quality of the ONW hospitality. From my experience, I’d say they are in the top 5 now days.

And Mr. Anderson was only protecting you. Do you have any idea the pain that would be inflicted on you if you were to take that brownie that I had been eyeing?

Olathe Northwest set a new standard in hospitality last year. They raised the bar to a new level.

They have a BAR???

Dude, I'm SO there.

"Olathe Northwest: where the liquor flows until the judges can't."

• Upvote 2

I can attest to the quality of the ONW hospitality. From my experience, I’d say they are in the top 5 now days.

Just top 5? I've never seen a hospitality room close to as good as this one.

I'd be willing to judge depending on the schedule. My email is this username at gmail.com. I'm also too lazy to send a pm, sorry.

They have a BAR???

Dude, I'm SO there.

"Olathe Northwest: where the liquor flows until the judges can't."

This might be the funniest thing I have seen on this website in a while.....watch out, there might be a new association banning all things liquor related from tournaments.....uh oh, no more tussin or mouth wash....

Just top 5? I've never seen a hospitality room close to as good as this one.

I'd be willing to judge depending on the schedule. My email is this username at gmail.com. I'm also too lazy to send a pm, sorry.

Listen, mr. jordan, take your personal schedule and throw it out the window, I havent seen your goofy self in like a year, so prioritize it for me!

This might be the funniest thing I have seen on this website in a while.....watch out, there might be a new association banning all things liquor related from tournaments.....uh oh, no more tussin or mouth wash....

We already have that one in place.

EDIT: Olathe Northwest will not supply liquor in the hospitality room. We will, however, supply limited amounts of mouthwash to be used sparingly.

We hope that this will not change anybody's plans on judging at our tournament.

And Mr. Anderson was only protecting you. Do you have any idea the pain that would be inflicted on you if you were to take that brownie that I had been eyeing?

I don't know, but I am now a little scared to go to SMW this weekend.

Sweeps:

3. Maize

2. BV West

1. Manhattan

Quarters:

#1 6B Manhattan Poole/Chapman def. #8 1B SME Dalal/O'Connor (3-0)

#5 6C Manhattan Brown/Wu def. #4 9C BVW Oatman/Richey (3-0)

#3 16B Olathe North Ma/Ng def. #6 8B Garden City Moya/Perales (3-0)

#2 3A Topeka Bevens/Brinker def. #7 7A Maize Washburn/Sangimino (3-0)

Semis:

16B def 6B (5-0)

6C def 3A (2-1)

Finals:

16B vs 6C

[s. Skoglund, Ekey, Lasiter, Shelton, White]

Congratulations to all teams who broke on earning one bid to the Debate Coaches' Invitational, and to Olathe North and Manhattan for each fully qualifying to DCI.

Edited by ESkog
update
  • Upvote 1