Sign in to follow this  
SPREZZIDENT

Week Three Pick'em: Nfl

allright kiddos let's see whatcha got.

i'm guessing nobody else will post before the games actually start but hey maybe this can serve as a model for future weeks..and of course as a discussion area for week #3.

UPSET SPECIAL: cardinals @ redskins: redskins did aight against the new orleans secondary, but then that was the new orleans secondary. jim zorn took a step in the right direction, but now he's going to watch anquan boldin take approximately 90 yards worth of steps receiving yardage. cards over skins.

texans @ titans: no explanation necessary--one team has a good running game and defense, the other has a great receiver and a decent quarterback. titans over texans

bengals @ giants: this might be a must win for the bengals. however, carson palmer is sucking right now. a lot. housh and ocho are absolute ballers, but it doesn't matter. giants over the bengals

dolphins @ patriots: even a bad quarterback can expose miami's secondary. and miami has a much worse quarterback. all signs point to pats over dolphins.

panthers @ vikings: the first game listed here that i have to think about. on one hand, the vikings are pretty dirty at running the ball. on the other hand, the panthers managed to beat san diego. at san diego. gus frerotte may have gone to tulsa, but he's still gus frerotte. give me the panthers over the vikings even though logic is telling me to pick the home team in what is as close to a must win as possible in week three for the vikes.

bucs @ bears: who cares about this game? i think matt forte is better than earnest graham. gimme the bears

raiders @ bills: bills bills bills. roscoe parrish for a touchdown this week.

chiefs @ falcons: both teams are realistically pretty pitiful. the chiefs will likely feed it to LJ more than last week, which is good news for them. the bad news is the falcons have two backs who can decimate their run defense much like the raiders did last week. falcons take it

rams @ seahawks: who thought this would be a matchup between two 0-2 teams? the seahawks have looked less shitty. i'll take the seahawks over the rams.

lions @ niners: tough call. the lions have a better receiving corps and quarterback. the niners have a better runningback and secondary. neither secondary will shut down the opposing receiving corps, and calvin johnson will go nuts. but the niners have a legit runningback and kitna throws lots of interceptions. add to that the fact that mike martz knows a little bit about the lions and edge goes to the home team. niners over lions.

saints at broncos: i really think this will be closer than most people think, but at the end of the day, you've got a bad secondary in the saints against a great receiving corps and a hot quarterback in the broncos. denver over n'awleans

steelers @ eagles: argh. argh argh argh. tough call. i think the eagles can do enough to bottle up willie parker to give them the edge in what's probably the best matchup on paper this week. eagles over steelers

jags @ colts: two words: peyton manning. MJD might have a good day, but still...peyton manning. colts take it

browns @ ravens: who cares? [again]. i'll go ahead and take the upset: browns finally get on track and win. i mean, seriously, you can't expect troy smith and joe flacco to do EVERYTHING, and i think derek anderson senses the attraction people within the browns organization have towards brady quinn. now, whether that has anything to do with brady's actual ABILITIES is highly questionable; still, derek's gotta get shit done. upset #2: browns take it

cowboys @ packers: say what you want about the cowboys defense, their offense can outscore anyone. i'll take the cowboys until i hear a decent reason to do otherwise. that goes for the rest of the season.

jets @ chargers: oooh boy. favre or a reeling chargers team? the chargers will likely get the benefit of close calls given they've been shafted this year. the chargers have a better running game whether LT or sproles are in. the jets passing game is okay, but not as good as it will be when favre has 100% of the playbook under his belt. give me the chargers now, but when they meet in the playoffs later, all bets on the bolts are off.

• Upvote 1

Redskins over Cardinals

Titans over texans

Giants beat Bengals

Patriots beat Dolphins

Vikings over Panthers

Bears over Bucs

Bills beat Raiders

Falcons over Chiefs

Seahawks over Rams

Lions over Niners

Broncos over Saints

Eagles over Steelers

Jaguars beat Colts

Browns over Ravens

Cowboys over Packers

Jets beat Chargers

• Upvote 1

Cardinals over the Redskins.

Titans over the Texans.

Giants over the Bengals.

Patriots over Dolphins.

Vikings over Panthers.

Bears over Bucs.

Bills over the Raiders.

Falcons over the Chiefs.

Seahawks over the Rams.

Niners over the Lions.

Steelers over the Eagles.

Colts over the Jaguars.

Browns over the Ravens.

Cowboys over Packers.

Chargers over Jets.

Saints over the Broncos.

Edited by dpron
  • Upvote 1

Cardinals over the Redskins.

Titans over the Texans.

Giants over the Bengals.

Patriots over Dolphins.

Vikings over Panthers.

Bears over Bucs.

Bills over the Raiders.

Falcons over the Chiefs.

Seahawks over the Rams.

Niners over the Lions.

Steelers over the Eagles.

Colts over the Jaguars.

Browns over the Ravens.

Cowboys over Packers.

Chargers over Jets.

Way to forget the only matchup I'll be watching this week: DEN/NO...
  • Upvote 1

Way to forget the only matchup I'll be watching this week: DEN/NO...

I didn't want to insult you by thinking that the Saints are going to pick it up. But what do I know, I am a Minnesota Vikings fan.

allrighty, just to make things easier to see:

2iswhu0.jpg

don't worry, future weeks will have a better system. until ten minutes ago i didn't know you couldn't post more than ten images [even if they're tiny] on a post, so i had to find a plan b really quickly.

let the games begin.

Redskins vs Cardinals

Titans vs texans

Giants vs Bengals

Patriots vs Dolphins

Vikings vs Panthers

Bears vs Bucs

Bills vs Raiders

Falcons vs Chiefs

Seahawks vs Rams

Lions vs 49ers

Broncos vs Saints

Eagles vs Steelers

Jaguars vs Colts

Browns vs Ravens

Cowboys vs Packers

Jets vs Chargers

Imo, Sevvs is the most accurate though I disagree with somethings like the pats over the dolphins.

wow such insight on the miami/new england game.../considering you made the comment in the midst of the miami throttling of new england.

noob

ben roflsberger is getting worse protection than jamie lynn spears right now. it is PITIFUL. anybody else watching this?

lol

but, no ): I'm getting the indy-jacksonville game instead ):

imo the steelers shouldn't've gotten rid of the best guard in the league this offseason

just a thought.

how does MJD look for the jags? i'm watching on gamecast but it's hard to get a feel for how he's actually LOOKING. i know they're pumping the ball through him and he's gettin a decent number of touches..

the steelers o line is missing a lot right now and yes a good guard is amongst the things they're missing. also people who can block.

how does MJD look for the jags? i'm watching on gamecast but it's hard to get a feel for how he's actually LOOKING. i know they're pumping the ball through him and he's gettin a decent number of touches.

you can watch it here: http://www.stoogetv.com/player.html

I think. A friend linked me to that a couple days ago and said it got all the games, but my bandwidth is raped so I can't really check it out right now.

Haven't been paying too much attention to the game, it's kinda just background noise at this point.

hmm interesting..i'll have to check that when my internet is cooperating with me

big drive for the jags right there. and if philly beats pitt without donovan or westbrook, the playoffs should just be a round robin of the nfc east. real talk.

twelve minutes eighteen seconds.

jville's offense just dominated indy, but the lack of a TD at the end is huge... manning is pretty much my first choice qb in this situation.

dallas clark is down again.

also sevvs how is pitt's d lookin'? I can't see the game and I can't even monitor it via gamecenter ):

-edit-

god damn it that fourth down play was huge.

Edited by Jimmy_Page

WOW.

i missed an uncharacteristically high number of games, but:

jags @ colts: two words: peyton manning. MJD might have a good day, but still...peyton manning. colts take it

yeah. haha what a baller.

left a lot of time on the clock for the jags...unfortunately for jacksonville their best big play chances are on the run against this defense. if i'm the jags, i run a screen and a sweep to MJD before i even think about any deep plays. we'll see what happens.

pitt's defense looks fine, though that's probably mostly because westbrook isn't in. watching phillys defense decimate pitt's offense is a damn good indicator of just how good the product is in dallas.

argh. MAURICE JONES DREW is the threat for you, NOT FRED TAYLOR. jags are just throwing this away.

HUGE fumble by t-scheff, the saints are in the game with 5 and a half left in the 4th if the play stands.

and the saints really, really need this win. drew brees, it's go time.

oh by the way, polamolu's pick was a pretty spectacular display of awesome. i recommend finding it and watching it. from all four angles. most receivers in this league couldn't make that catch.

it's official, the most entertaining game [in terms of pure entertainment and not factoring in preferences for teams] on ANY GIVEN WEEK will be the one that the broncos play

it's official, the most entertaining game [in terms of pure entertainment and not factoring in preferences for teams] on ANY GIVEN WEEK will be the one that the broncos play

maybe. I think jax-indy this week was probably more entertaining (and if you factor in team preference I would have loved to have seen miami destroy the pats). But I am def watching the broncos next time I get a chance.