Guam

Judging/Coaching For Hire

My name is Jeremy McNutt. I debate in open/varsity (whatever you prefer to call it) for Chico State. I really would like to judge for Berkeley. I can be committed as long as your team needs me. My email is coexistentialism@gmail.com

-I debate pretty straight up but have read most K's and will judge in a balanced "flowcentric" manner. Th

Thanks!

My name is Jeremy McNutt. I debate in open/varsity (whatever you prefer to call it) for Chico State. I really would like to judge for Berkeley. I can be committed as long as your team needs me. My email is coexistentialism@gmail.com

-I debate pretty straight up but have read most K's and will judge in a balanced "flowcentric" manner. Th

Thanks!

Kinda late if you're looking to get hired...tournament starts in what, 36 hours?

Will Gent

Tacoma, Wa

wgent@ups.edu

I did 4 years of policy at South Eugene High School and now do policy at the University of Puget Sound. I work at the WNDI.

In college I have broken at: Whitman, UNLV, Idaho State, CEDA Nationals

In high school I broke at national tournaments such as: Stanford, Whitman, Auburn, Gonzaga, NFLs

I am looking for judging opportunities in the northwest, but would be interested in judging at out of area tournaments with a little bit of notice. I'd also be down for doing some card cutting etc. on just about any topic-- I lean towards the k side of things but love politics and case-specific CP/DA debates.

Stephen Watts

Big Sur, CA

wattssw@gmail.com

Previous affiliation: Mars Hill Bible School

I really enjoy judging but haven't been to a tournament in a few years now. Really not in it for the money, just enjoyment.

Debated and judged policy nationally for many years in high school and college, some LD and IE experience. Degree in philosophy from Auburn University.

Happy to work pro bono for any tournaments within an hour or two of Big Sur.

Josh Smith

Spokane, Wa

j_smith23@pacific.edu

I competed for three years at Loyola University in Chicago.

I have coached for Walter Payton in Chicago, Nevada Union in Grass Valley, CA, and Jesuit in Sacramento, CA.

I just graduated from law school, and I'm moving to Spokane so my girlfriend can go to Gonzaga Law School.

I'm basically free to cut cards, judge, work with novices, or help varsity debaters reach their goals. My main interest is in critical theory, specifically Foucault, but I'm perfectly comfortable with straight-up policy arguments.

Let me know if anyone needs help in Eastern Washington!

I know this is really late but my name is Patrick Lin and i'm looking to be hired to judge for NFL nats (in just about any event, that means i'm willing to sit through some PFD if need be.....).

I was a 4 year high school debater in Kansas and qual'd to NFL nats in 2007 and took 2nd overall speaker also breaking to outrounds (i think we were top 35?). I also qual'd senior year is IX so I could judge forensics for people if need be. I was also an assistant coach in the Chicago Debate League a year ago.

I wouldn't need any lodging or transportation because I will be in the KC area.

Email me at patlin101@gmail.com if interested.

Thanks

I'd like to think this is getting an early start on the 2010-2011 season.

My name is Lori Mullins and I just graduated from the University of Rochester. I did debate for 3 1/2 years and I'm looking to judge around the bay area or help coach at a bay area school. I am from Pleasanton and currently looking for a job, but it should definitely be in the area for the whole year. My contact information is:

lmullins@u.rochester.edu

(925) 963-5501

Hello, I debated for Puyallup High School from 2001 to 2004 (CX).

I'm currently attending the University of Washington, and I'm about to begin my Senior year, my major is Political Science, and I'm quite excited about this year and its topic.

If you're a coach for a policy team around the Puget Sound, please send me a message and let me know. I have a fairly intense year of studies ahead, but the nice thing is that this year's topic meshes seamlessly with my major, so most of my research and writing can be aptly applied to helping a team formulate cohesive cases, and effective strategies.

I'd rather not toot my own horn and list all my credentials, all the tourneys I've done well at, etc. If you message me, however, rest assured I'd be happy to forward a resume, a list of my debate experiences, letters of recommendation, etc.

Thank you!

My name is Isaac Peck. I live in San Diego and currently debate for Southwestern College. Fourth year in college debate so far.

I am available to judge/coach at West Coast tournaments for the rest of this year, please message me if you need some hired judging, etc.

Email: isaacfpeck@yahoo.com

(619) 245-7384

Experienced Judge in Northern California

3 year high school debator, 2 years college

San Dieguito High School

University of Redlands

University of Edinburgh

Institute Experience - Previously have taught labs at Stanfords Camp

Available for Tournaments in Northern California, available to cover CX commitments, will do IE's.

get a hold of me directly at: darren.runyon@gmail.com

My name is Tim Borgerson and I am a student at Stanford. I did debate for four years in high school, and went to the TOC in policy debate my senior year. I have done some judging/coaching on this year's policy topic. I would love to judge/coach anywhere in the Bay Area. Contact me at timborg@stanford.edu.

I know this is late but since I just found out I'm not going to CEDA Nats I have this weekend open.

My name's Jake Novack and I'm a freshman policy debater for the University of Puget Sound.

I debated 4 years at San Dieguito Academy in Southern California mainly debating Nat'l circuit tournaments in the Southwest/West.

I'm down to judge however many rounds needed, I live in the dorms so transport/food is not an issue.

Any payment would most certainly be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jake

jnovack@pugetsound.edu

Hey guys--my name's Spenser Silbey, and since I'm going to be a freshman at Reed in Portland, OR next year, I figured I would post in case I could pick up a few judging/card cutting/assistant coaching gigs.

I debated for at Meadows in Las Vegas, NV in high school, where I was coached by Tim Alderete. I qualified for the TOC twice (just finished my last one!) and cleared at tournaments like St. Mark's, Berkeley, USC, New Trier, Grapevine, and Golden Desert and picked up some speaker awards during my junior and senior years. I have experience researching everything from endless politics updates and T (social services topic... ugh) to nuanced affirmatives and case negs and highly specific kritik arguments. I've also been in labs led by Wil Repko and Geoff Lundeen and coached Meadows novices and JV debaters a few times, so I like to think that I can explain debate concepts adequately.

But what is probably more important than my relatively minor debate accomplishments is that I had a ton of fun doing policy debate, and I'd love to help keep it alive in the PNW (and anywhere else you might want me to travel!). I don't really go on cross-x.com very often, so if you want to get in touch either email me at ssilbey@gmail.com or find me on facebook.

Names: James Mollison

E-mail: Jmolliso@lion.lmu.edu

Phone Numbers: 818-298-4344

I debated at Notre Dame High School in Los Angeles for 4 years, attended the TOC and lost in quarters. I have since debated for Loyola Marymount University on and off for 5 years, attended the NDT and lost in octo's. I currently live in Los Angeles and am broke enough to be enticed by even the most minimal of financial compensation. I enjoy critical argumentation immensely but am by no means relegated exclusively to my area of preference, having gone for my fair share of case turns and disadvantages in the 2nr. I am spending the fall completing graduate school applications, writing and editing the work of a few professors I know; consequently, my schedule has a fair degree of flexibility.

Name: Roger Copenhaver

Number: (253) 209-2331

Email: rcopenha@uoregon.edu

Years involved in debate: 6

My name is Roger Copenhaver and I am looking to coach a team in the PNW for minimal/negotiable pay. I debated all throughout high school regionally and nationally and then for 2 years at Idaho State University where I had some success especially my 2nd year. Even with a lack of a consistent partner I still broke at tournaments, received speaker awards, and almost won my break round after being pulled up at CEDA. Last year I coached Blackfoot High School who broke at nearly every tournament they attended and made it to the semifinals of the Idaho State Tournament. I also have worked consistently with Puyallup High School in Washington who has had a large amount of success including the team who won the Washington State Tournament last year. I have attended many major tournaments on the west coast with the teams I have coached including; Whitman, Alta, and Stanford. I think my knowledge, experience, and dedication to debate would be perfect in helping your team on the road to success. I care about debate. After I graduated high school I started a camp for Puyallup High School debaters who could not afford camp in hopes that they could have some of the same experiences other children with more money were able to have over the summer and so that they could compete at the same competitive level. If you are looking for a new coach or assistant for your policy squad feel free to contact me.

Name: Ben Menzies
Email: menziebr@whitman.edu
Years involved in debate: 8

As you can see above, my name is Ben Menzies. I debated for three years in high school at Nevada Union on the California circuit (Cal, Stanford, USC, Long Beach, ASU, Golden Desert, etc). Cleared at a bunch of tournaments my senior year, won the Harker tournament my junior and senior years. Now debating at Whitman College on a full scholarship. I was a quarterfinalist at the Freshman-Sophomore Nationals tournament at Michigan State and advanced to Elims at CEDA nationals last year, as well as debating at a slate of national tournaments like the California swing and Northwestern. While I really like working with students and judging, my location obviously inhibits the degree to which I can help with hands-on debate work, although I'm willing to travel wherever given some financial support (I'm poor). More realistically, I can cards for you. Whitman is a research-heavy team and I actually really enjoy cutting cards. In high school I was pretty exclusively a K debater, whereas in college I've shifted wholly to policy-oriented strategies, so I have an understanding of both sides of the divide. In other words, I can cut your tricky sketchy K to catch the other team sleeping or I can do your politics disad. Or case work. Happy with whatever, rates extremely negotiable, as noted, I'm poor and really am just looking to pick up a little extra money to pay for incidentals my scholarship doesn't cover. I check my email often, would prefer you use that.

Edited by Bonavex

The San Francisco Bay NFL District seeks well qualified policy debate judges for its qualifying debate tournament, to be held Saturday, March 10, at the College Preparatory School in Oakland. We're seeking good critics who have no prior or current coaching relationship with competing schools in our district (CPS, Head Royce, St. Vincent, James Logan, Lowell; judges affiliated with Peninsula or South Bay schools would be welcome). Please contact me at les_phillips98@yahoo.com

Les Phillips

Seeking judges who can judge any division of debate (policy, LD, parli, PF) at our state qualifying tournameht this Saturday, March 17, in Santa Rosa. Please respond to les_phillips98@yahoo.com. Many thanks.

Les Phillips

Name: Andy Berg

Email: andyberg62@gmail.com

Phone: 620-200-5972

Previous Affiliations: Student at Buhler High School, Buhler, KS (2004-2007) and Assistant Coach at Buhler High School (2007-2009).

I am interested in assistant coaching and judging in the Portland area. I just moved here after graduating with a degree in political science and anthropology from Wichita State University. My exposure to the national circuit is limited, however I am a two time state policy debate champion in Kansas (2006 & 2007), and have competed at both the NCFL (Policy and Lincoln Douglas) and NFL (Lincoln Douglas) tournaments and have judged policy, LD, and PFD at the NFL and NCFL nationals, as well as Kansas State Championships, Colleyville, and the Neosho, MO tournaments to name a few.

My style is kind of a happy mediuim between traditional and contemporary styles. I enjoy contemporary argumentation and can deal with speed but still prefer quality over quantity of arguments as well as solid presentation over high speed with limited analysis. I have experience working with novices and advanced debaters and would love to get back into the game in the Northwest.

Please email or call me if you're interested.

Liam Donnelly

Tacoma

liampirate (at) gmail (dot) com

- debating @ the University of Puget Sound next year (will be a first year)

- debated 4 years at ingraham HS, won and was 2nd speaker at the WA state debate tournament, got a bid to the toc, broke at NDCA's, won a handful of locals (7), and broke and got speaker awards at a few nationals (including Berkeley) 

- able/willing to fill commitments, coach, cut cards, etc

- i can probably come to places in the tacoma area on most weekdays, otherwise can coach via internet communications, at tournaments, on mutually free weekends, etc

- will work for very little money, and am amenable to flexible negotiations

also, im the pacific mod, so i'm kind of a big deal

Edited by liampirate