Guam

Judging/Coaching For Hire

Post here if you are a judge that is available for hire with your contact information and I will keep this post edited with all of your information.

The more contact information you provide the easier it will be for people to get in touch with you in a crunch.

thanks

-----------------------

Name: Nathan Bialke

Email: nathan@bialke.com

Phone: 208-310-9470

Previous Affiliations: Mountain Home High School (Policy), 1999-2003.

Currently interested in "paying back" the community a bit for the fun I had in high school.

---------------------------------

Andrew Ridgeway

Pocatello, ID

208-866-7064

misterbrghtside@gmail.com

Previous affiliations: Bishop Kelly High School, 2004-2007, policy debater, various speech events; Bishop Kelly High School, 2007-2008, assistant coach.

Currently a second year debater at Idaho State University. I have experience competing in and judging policy, LD, public forum, panel, impromptu, duo, humorous, extemp, sales and informative.

I'd be more than willing to help debaters prep before and during the tournament. I'd rather not judge speech or public forum, but I will if I have to.

-------------------

Robby White

white.robby@gmail.com

I debated for Oak Harbor High School. Then I debated for Whitman for awhile. I've worked a couple debate camps, led some labs, cut some files, judged for a couple of years, I generally know what I'm doing. etc. etc.

I live in western washington and want to judge.

I also work two jobs so I need a bit of advance notice.

Please send me an email if you want me to judge.

Finally, you should also really consider hiring Megan Schrader as well. She's good.

Edited by Guam

Name: Nathan Bialke

Email: nathan@bialke.com

Phone: 208-310-9470

Previous Affiliations: Mountain Home High School (Policy), 1999-2003.

Currently interested in "paying back" the community a bit for the fun I had in high school.

Andrew Ridgeway

Pocatello, ID

208-866-7064

misterbrghtside@gmail.com

Previous affiliations: Bishop Kelly High School, 2004-2007, policy debater, various speech events; Bishop Kelly High School, 2007-2008, assistant coach.

Currently a second year debater at Idaho State University. I have experience competing in and judging policy, LD, public forum, panel, impromptu, duo, humorous, extemp, sales and informative.

I'd be more than willing to help debaters prep before and during the tournament. I'd rather not judge speech or public forum, but I will if I have to.

Robby White

white.robby@gmail.com

I debated for Oak Harbor High School. Then I debated for Whitman for awhile. I've worked a couple debate camps, led some labs, cut some files, judged for a couple of years, I generally know what I'm doing. etc. etc.

Finally, you should also really consider hiring Megan Schrader as well. She's good.

• Downvote 2

Robby White

white.robby@gmail.com

he forgot to mention that robby white is pretty cool to have around

Brett Orlob

Seattle WA (Looking for gigs in Los Angeles)

Phone: PM me, and I'll give it to you

e-mail: brett2102@earthlink.net

I am looking to judge a tournament in the greater LA area this year so I can introduce my 13yo cousin to cross ex (she asked me if I knew anything about it, out of the blue). I have been judging on and off for close to 20 years. I will do a tournament in LA for $150 (what airfare + car rental will cost me.)

Also will judge in the PNW for any team, given that I am not with WSHS on the particular weekend. We have a limited schedule, so if you need someone just PM me and ask if I am available.

Edited by brorlob

Luke Felt

I have policy debating and judging experience, don't know anything at all about LD. I'm also a great speech judge. I'm looking to judge around the Boise area, available most weekends as I have no social life. Thanks.

gl.felt@gmail.com

ALSO:

Dani Staeb

LD debater and judge. She's awesome, and will also judge speech on request. Also around the Boise area.

noveltynotion@gmail.com

Thanks.

Bryan Rich - Pocatello, Idaho

Policy Debate at Mountain Home High School for 4 years (2004-2008)

Currently looking to Judge tournaments because I enjoy the atmosphere. I go to school at Idaho State University where I should be doing policy debate, but I'm lazy, although I should be next year. I can also judge for the Boise area if given notice/interest in advance.

Phone: (208) 283 6120

Email(s):

bronzeriderlink at yahoo dot com

richbrya at isu dot edu

Hey Everyone,

My name is Adam Blancas and I'm looking to judge in the general San Diego(ish) are.

I have 4 years experience of debate coming from the Houston circuit in Texas as well as previous judging experience. I had a decent amount of success as a debater and feel very confident in my ability as a judge. As a coach i headed a extremely successful novice program on the past UN topic

Name: Janessa Stam

Email: janesssastam@gmail.com

Phone: 616 610 9128

I debated for 3 years in high school and have been coaching ever since. i debated in michigan/arizona. and am moving out to idaho in a couple weeks and am looking for somewhere to judge/coach.

Just moved up to Seattle, WA and had the opportunity to get involved at a program for middle school students learning how to debate. I have been out of the debate scene for a few years now, but debated for 4 years (1998-2002) at Meridian High School in Idaho and then debated at Lewis & Clark College in Portland, OR until their policy program ended in 2004.

I've judged here and there since then, but would enjoy helping out a team or program in the Seattle with some asst. coaching or judging commitments. I have a flexible work schedule and work from home, so helping out after school would not be a problem. Would definitely like to get back into the debate scene a bit and give back to the community that I know helped shape me for the better.

Please feel free to contact me.

Brandon Berg

brandonwberg@gmail.com

I am a graduating senior from Oxford Academy in Cypress, California. I am attending UCSB in the fall, and am looking to help out a team. As I will be concerned with college, I am looking for a way to stay moderately involved in the debate community. I can serve as a limited coach, cutting cards, judging, occasionally travelling or any other debate serves a relatively local team may need.

I've been involved for three years, taking a school without any previous debate experience to receiving our first bid this last year. I've gone to camp each summer I debated, and my primary interest/experience in debate has been critical arguments, though I can also do policy work. If you know of anyone who could use my help, email at corychansen at gmail dot com.

thanks

Name: Tim Ernst

Phone: 920-268-9412

Email: t_ernst@pacific.edu

Previous Affiliations: Neenah High School (WI) Policy Debater 1999-2003, University of Wisconsin Oshkosh Policy Debater 2003-2005, Parli Debater 2005-2007, Neenah High School Asst. Coach 2006-2008, NHS Director of Debate 2008-2009

I am beginning graduate studies at University of the Pacific in Stockton, and am looking to get some judging work for the weekends, or perhaps an assistant coaching position, at either the high school or collegiate level. I have policy and parliamentary experience as a competitor, as well as policy, PF, and L-D coaching experience. I have judged outrounds at many national tournaments, and have coached debaters in outrounds at NFL and CFL nationals. As a coach, my debaters have won the WSDT in Varsity Policy, Varsity L-D, and Novice Policy.

I have judged high school for the last six years, as well as coached on the National Service, Sub-Saharan Africa, and Alternative Energy topics. I've debate on many more.

I also have IE judging and competitive experience. I also have my own transportation.

Please feel free to contact me. I'm not exactly sure how rigorous my academic schedule will be, but would like the chance to stay involved in debate.

Edited by ThePhenomenalTCE

Name: Nick Matthews

University of California, Los Angeles

Email: nmatthews@ucla.edu

Previous affiliations: CK McClatchy High School

I'm looking to provide judging and/or coaching help to a debate team in the greater Los Angeles area, preferably somewhere close to Westwood. I'm a freshman at UCLA - I will probably debate there but it won't be NDT/CEDA.

I did four years of policy debate in high school, competing mostly locally the first 2.5 years. My senior year I was our team's captain as well as the lone varsity debater, which allowed me take on the role of mentor. I also handled the vast majority of the card cutting. Despite debating with a JV partner I cleared to outrounds at many local tournaments and qualified for/competed in CHSSA State, Cat Nats, and NFLs. As captain, my novices consistently reached the outrounds in the JV division of every major invitational tournament we attended. Some of their outstanding results included 1st speaker, 2nd seed, and quarterfinalists at USC, as well as 1st seed and finalists at Berkeley.

I can do judging as well coaching and card-cutting (I have university access to LexisNexis, etc). Do note that my somewhat unique background has led me to specialize first and foremost in working with novices and junior varsity debaters. As such, I would prefer working and judging in that area exclusively. This would be great either for relatively new teams or for teams with established varsity hierarchies.

I will require transportation, as it is nigh impossible to take a car to UCLA. Keep in mind I am willing to take mass transit and/or bike to team meetings if the school is close enough to Westwood, and I can use my priority enrollment status to ensure my classes won't conflict with practices.

Send me an email or PM if you're interested.

Name: Shawn Richardson

Previous Affiliation: Canton Central Catholic (CCC), OH '89-'93

I debated 4 years of policy at CCC in Ohio. The first year was mainly regional, and the last 3 were on the national circuit generally in the east. I am busy, so I will need advanced notice. I would like to stay in the Los Angeles area. I can only judge policy debate.

Name: Chaz Eyre

Email: chazeyre@gmail.com

Phone: 208-571-1364 (currently not in service, will be in mid Sept.)

Previous Affiliations- Capital high School 07-09, Idaho State- Currently

I debated three years at Capital High School in Boise, Idaho and exclusively did policy. I was moderate successful as a high school debater, clearing at Gonzaga, Alta, and Stanford, and earning speaker awards at each. I judged policy and speech this summer at the SCFI, and am currently debating at Idaho State.

I can be available to judge almost all local and regional tournaments (so long as it doesn't conflict with my own tournament schedule), but the more advanced the notice the better, as I do have to arrange to be in Boise.

Name: Arik Burakovsky

Email: aburakovsky@yahoo.com

Previous Affiliations: Los Alamos High School

I'm looking to judge or coach regionally or nationally, depending on transportation costs. I am a freshman at UCSD and will probably be debating either for them or for Southwestern College.

I debated for four years in high school and was my team's president for two years. I was a state champion and cleared at NFL nationals twice. I have gotten speaker awards at many tournaments throughout the year. I'm experienced at doing lots of research in a little amount of time, especially since I was on a small squad. I've debated at many national circuit tournaments, and although I didn't make it to the TOC, I've beaten quite a few teams that did.

If you hire me, I'll be glad to judge, cut cards, and coach. If you know me, you know that I'm friendly and that I'm easy to get along with. I know a lot of different arguments, so, no matter what a team is running, I will usually know what it's about. I also keep backfiles from many years before I was even debating. If you're interested, send me an e-mail or a PM.

I am moving to Seattle to go to the University of Washington.

I won't be debating in college so my schedule is fairly flexible, and I am looking to judge in the area.

I'm not really familiar with the circuit in the area so I don't really know when any tournaments are, so if you need a judge just email me.

laurenisdandy@gmail.com

edit:

I'm also looking to judge at Berkeley. I just need to be paid at least the cost of airfare for that one as I have a place to stay once I'm there.

Edited by sawyer

Hey Pacific!

I'm now located in Reno, NV. So, if anyone wants/needs me/judges (i usually can provide at least 2 HIGHLY QUALIFIED judges) for debate, let me know! I sort of forgot about cross-x, so the best way would be to shoot me an email.

shut.up.grace@hotmail.com

-Kristina

This thread is also a post in the "National Circuit" section but I am trying to reach out to as many debaters as possibile.

Hey everyone,

My name is Michael Eisenstadt, I'm a junior at the University of Nevada Las Vegas, and I'm looking for some card-cutting/coaching/judging opportunities this season. I'm mostly interested in southern California tournaments (or less preferably northern California) and any mid-west tournaments (assuming my flight can be negotiated). I'm a very hard worker, I love debate, and I've been involved in it for about 7 years now. If a team cannot fly me out, I am willing to negotiate smaller terms of payment for long-distance coaching and card-cutting.

My e-mail address is Meeisenstadt@gmail.com

My best card-cutting abilities are used towards...

-Any uniqueness question

-Politics (Agenda or not agenda-related)

-Searching for PICs

I'm very willing to answer any other questions and/or provide references of my work/people who can describe it to anyone interested.

As for my competitiveness,

I've qualified for the NDT, gotten a few speaker awards here or there, but I'm not sure this is a good indication of research/judging ability, so any specific questions are welcomed.

I do, however, have previous coaching and leadership skills. I've been the president of my debate team (UNLV) for three years, held captainship positions for three out of four years of high school debating, and have coached several teams to large victories.

Thanks for hearing me out and the opportunity to help you,

Michael Eisenstadt

Sanford I. Berman Debate Forum

President

UNLV Class of 2011

***This message is not a representation of the University of Nevada Las Vegas or the Sanford I. Berman Debate Forum, and only represents the original poster.

user_online.gifreputation.gif report.gif progress.gifedit.gif

My name is Jackie Lawrence I am a graduating senior at the University of Washington. I am free the first weekend of November and I want to be hired as a policy judge for the Whitman Tournament.

I debated policy for four years at Auburn High School.

I currently am a parliamentary debator for the University of Washington.

I have judged at several local tournaments including Auburn High School and UPS.

I have judged outrounds at several local tournaments

I have coached Whitman Middle School for the last 3 years

I live in Seattle.

I am in need of money.

I like long walks on the beach and love my cat PJ

To contact me:

call: 253-709-2987

email: jlawre@u.washington.edu

Thanks

travis.g.walker@utah.edu

Salt Lake City, Utah

Previous Affiliations: Hillcrest High School (Idaho Falls)

Boise State University

• 287 Policy Rounds, 243 wins
  • 2 NFL Nationals Apperances (cross-x, extemp)
  • 3 State Championships (2006 Policy Individual,2006 Extemp Individual, 2005 Team Division A Policy)
  • 2nd Place Team Collegiate Nationals (PKD - Michigan 2007)

Available for coaching and judging in the Idaho, Utah region, after a long 2 year hiatus in Europe.

Best of Luck,