Aaron100

Uncondo Bad Theory Blocks

anyone have some good uncondo bad blocks i could have/trade

aaronkitchens91@gmail.com

EDIT: well, if you read the replys i need to be clearer about want im looking for... i need uncondo bad for when aff says "uncondo only" if i run a cp condo or dispo

Edited by Aaron100
  • Downvote 2

I don't know why, but when I saw this, all I could think of was - "Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself!"

I think that's the crux of uncondo bad.

Edited by THodgman

anyone have some good uncondo bad blocks i could have/trade

I believe, though I could be wrong, he was referring to blocks one would use on the negative for when you read a counterplan dispositional or conditional and the aff says "only unconditional". Or he's a moron. But I like to have faith in humanity sometimes.

• Upvote 1

I remember seeing a round at michigan's state tournament in which the top team (also a TOC qualifier) ran condo bad and uncondo bad and said dispo was the only option when the other team ran Dispo bad. I thought it was overkill but if you want to do that type of thing go ahead.

I believe, though I could be wrong, he was referring to blocks one would use on the negative for when you read a counterplan dispositional or conditional and the aff says "only unconditional". Or he's a moron. But I like to have faith in humanity sometimes.

well its a good thing you have faith in humanity.. cause you are right.. guess i worded it wrong....

anyway now that its cleard up... anyone have blocks for trade.. im really just looking for arguements.. i can right the actual block myself

• Downvote 1

hey don't diss uncondo bad... i won a round at Columbia last year when the team ran an uncondo CP. i ran uncondo bad theory as a joke... basically unfair to the neg team destroys education in debate because we limit ourselves to one narrow area of education. blah blah blah all the reasons why dispo/condo is amazing. they kind of laughed it off and didn't answer it well. we kinda jokingly kept in the round and ended up winning on it.... we were running hippos at the time so they were a little bit taken aback and didn't have many arguments that round

the neg flex DA is really good.

A. neg flex high now

B. uncondo hurts neg flex

C. neg flex good

i hope you're joking

i hope you're joking

no, you can get a bunch of impact addons like pics good, consult good, offsets good, process cps good, etc... the impact to neg flex usually outweighs whatever the neg throws at the da.

uniqueness even goes the right way.

Eh, just defend conditionality good or dispositionality good. Are you just trying to rule out unconditionality as a legitimate position? I mean, I think you all can agree uncondo is good for the Aff, and I'd hope you wouldn't contest that... as far as uncondo bad, condo or dispo is the only acceptable position for Neg - unconditionality totally messes us your strategy and allows the Aff team to only go deep on the CP in the 2AC, which is bad for fairness and education, assuming you had other viable offs (well, or on) in the 1NC. Also, SQUO should always be an option - better for policy-making. The debate shouldn't have to be so far narrowed out of, effectually, the 1NC.

Most condo good/dispo good theory blocks probably have this stuff... just turns on education and fairness... and just write your own theory blocks, really.