Sign in to follow this  
Audit

Flex Fuel Aff

Is anybody running it this year and how much potential do you guys think it has? I am considering cutting one. It seems to be a "realistic" option to solving some of our energy problems.

• Downvote 1

If you are talking about the "FlexFuel" that GM offers you should talk to a salesperson about it. I got it in our new Tahoe and it is a joke at best. RIDICULOUS. They say that it shuts the engine down to 4 cylinders instaed of 6 when it "doesn't need 6" but i think that when I coast it may shut down. It doesn't do it any other time. The sales person had this really elaborate explanation but I figured it was crap. My wife wanted one so it was purchased anyways. You should really look in to it before deciding to go aff on this question.

Jamie

• Downvote 1

If you are talking about the "FlexFuel" that GM offers you should talk to a salesperson about it. I got it in our new Tahoe and it is a joke at best. RIDICULOUS. They say that it shuts the engine down to 4 cylinders instaed of 6 when it "doesn't need 6" but i think that when I coast it may shut down. It doesn't do it any other time. The sales person had this really elaborate explanation but I figured it was crap. My wife wanted one so it was purchased anyways. You should really look in to it before deciding to go aff on this question.

Jamie

Flex fuel just means the engine doesn't rely solely on gasoline but rather a combination of ethanol or methanol and gasoline. Usually, 80 or 85 percent ethanol to the remaining gasoline.

Most new SUVs, and even older SUVs, have the shut-down technology. Even very old trucks have it. That has absolutely nothing to do with the flex-fuel part. I really hope the GM dealer didn't mislead you to that extent. I am sure it is a feature of the Tahoe, along with it being flex-fuel, but the two are independent features.

Jamie

umm... u just described GM's 2-mode.

Flex Fuel vehicles that can run on 85% ethanol or (E-85)

Flex fuel itself is not an alternative energy incentive; it is an engine that can run off of multiple forms of energy. Their solvency is probably their weakest point; flex fuel engines run just as well off of fossil fuels.

If they're running GW harms, though, just get them on that.

I thought of this strat a while ago, but haven't gotten the chance to use it yet...

Get them to say by flex fuel they mean E85 compatible or that they mean remaining with the E15.

Run a substantially increase T that says they aren't substantial.

Then also run a bunch of on-case args.

- Most cars can't handle E85 thus you either have to buy a new car that does handle it or you have to get a whole new engine, etc. ($$$)

- Gas stations can't handle E85. So they have to completely replace their underground holding system to handle it. What's the incentive for individuals to do it? There isn't, thus if there are any advantages that do anything to fix the environment or reduce dependence on oil they can't claim them.

This strat serves as a rather obvious, but cute little T-case trap.

Either they aren't T or they can't solve case.

Throw in a CP incentivizing new tech/development/tax relief for flex fuel vehicles and you can solve case. If they are incentivizing the tech anyway, then also run xtra T...

It's legit.

Oh and also, this aff really only can claim generic advantages so there's nothing terribly strategic or exciting about it... also, it links harcore into really generic Ks so you're going to need some serious blocks if you are actually going to expect to do well with it.

Sign in to follow this