nsanluis

Hendrickson

When I read this I can't help but think of Murrell in a shirt that reads "The South will rise again!"

I actually had a classmate that wore one of those God-awful "You wear your X, I'll wear mine" shirts. I'm not sure there's a quicker way to let someone know a large chunk of your brain cells are on permanent vacation.

Hah,nice, the funny thing is Murray that I heard some of your novices saying they hate you more than BK, because he just ignores them while you're more of the constant d-bad type.

They were lying, the ones that said that have only heard rumors of me, not encountered me.

Not a single person on this team hates Steven more than they hate me.

hey murray although I agree with your criticism of UIL judges, I wouldn't judge too harshly against us all just because we were raised UIL. I was raised UIL but I can go either TFA or UIL. I was raised that slow was the right and proper way and that speed was the devil but I being a debater asked why and they could never properly explain. So even though some of our backgrounds show strictly UIL we are all not bad.

That is more or less my point. It's one thing to be a TFA judge and demand all UIL debaters avoid the case and run 6 conditional PICs. It is another to be that kind of judge and try to uphold the ideals behind modern UIL.

I don't care about your background, I just want to debate in accordance with a style I would expect to employ for the tournament I am at.

• Upvote 1

They were lying, the ones that said that have only heard rumors of me, not encountered me.

brian is somewhat of a urban legend around the greater westwood area.

I am sick and tired of UIL judges insisting that speed, technical debate, and arguments are somehow taboo. Yes, maybe UIL has different rules and expectations, and perhaps somewhere deep down there is some level of education to be gained from that. But no one cares at TFA and TOC tournaments. To use the term most favored, these are literally entirely different leagues of debate. I don't come to UIL state and win by going really fast and reading cap bad (well...ok...). I would not expect to be hired to judge a UIL tournament and then insist every debate go fast and ignore the case or I would vote them down. Under what possible logic can a UIL-oriented judge utter the phrase "I know this is a TFA tournament, but this round is going to be UIL"? This is akin to a football ref announcing the game would be played with jousts and grenades - or to hold a truer analogy, the game would be played without contact.

I strongly urge all TFA tournament hosting schools to seek TFA and TOC oriented judges before hiring judges with UIL backgrounds. While I understand the hiring of UIL judges is inevitable, and probably a necessity for many local Texas (specifically Austin, Houston, and San Antonio) tournaments, the least any host can do is scour other judge potential first.

Save the UIL judges for UIL tournaments, where their expertise and experience will be useful and appreciated.

steven high school debate wont change and how big it is necessitates that things like this will continue to happen two ways you can solve this reallll quick

1. act more like lil wayne what has lil wayne ever lost...at he survived like 1000000 gun shot wounds and still released the best album ever so he wins at everything so if you act like lil wayne in a debate round you will obviously always win as well

2. go to college- there aint no hifey ass critics who hate on yo shit son ....... until then just act more like lil wayne and brush off dem haters

michael out yo!

• Downvote 1

2. go to college- there aint no hifey ass critics who hate on yo shit son ....... until then just act more like lil wayne and brush off dem haters

i lol'd