neural link

Palin's speech at the RNC

So... I'm listening to Guilanni's speech right now...

And it hurts, I feel physical pain. I think I am developing an ulcer or something.

And now Palin is here. let's see what she can do.

Edited by neural link

She accepts the challenge of a tough fight.

She is now rewriting the history of McCain's campaign.

P.O.W.,

The dad-to-be looks bored.

We love the military.

USA USA USA USA

more coming...

What the fuck is she running for, mom of the year?

Special needs require special love. Like the special love of cutting Alaska's special ed budget?

Sarah Palin Slashed Special Needs Education by 62%

For those of you who seem so enamored with Gov. Sarah Palin, it might be worth noting that she oversees the budget for the Department of Education and Early Development Special Schools in Alaska.

These funds provide supplementary educational services to students with severe disabling conditions and the Alaska Challenge Youth Academy. The resident school where the child would normally be placed does not have the resources to provide an adequate educational program. Without the supplementary services the child’s needs would not be met by the local school district in most cases.

The following programs are included within this component:

Special Education Service Agency (SESA)

The Annual budget for 2007, which preceded Gov. Palin was $8,265,300.

http://www.gov.state.ak.us/...

The Annual budget for 2008, enacted by Gov. Palin is $3,156,000.

The Annual budget for 2009, enacted by Gov. Palin is $3,156,000.

This is a cut in special needs services to children in Alaska of 5,109,300 , or 62%.

So, as the Alaska State Budget description states, "Without the supplementary services the child’s needs would not be met by the local school district in most cases."

Did 62% of all of the special needs children in Alaska stop having needs once Gov. Palin took office?

Hmm... maybe for best family ever?

This is all very nice and she seems like a very nice lady, but when does she tell us how she is ready to assume the Presidency if John "I've had cancer a bunch of times" McCain dies in office.

Oh, she's a hockey mom, how quaint.

Edited by neural link

Haha, community organizer, but actual responsibilities?

* Like raising taxes?

* Like banning books?

Oh, and he wasn't ever a senator or anything. What does "national office" mean anyway?

"Not a member of the permanent political establishment"

read

"No real experience"

Stood up to the special interests? Like when you were in league with Ted Stevens?

I sold a jet, go me!

(What was that Barack Obama said about when you have no ideas, make a big election about small things?)

"I was for the bridge to nowhere before I was against it."

FH000020-1.jpg

More pipelines = Energy Independence

Edited by neural link

Lay more pipe? Hot!

Someone should count how many times she says American.

No laws with Obama's name on it? (protip: Search for nuclear proliferation)

"Styrofoam greek columns"

"Obama wants to give America away to the evil dark-skinned terrorists"

So enough about Obama: why are you qualified again?

Let's misrepresent Obama's tax plan. Yay!

McCain = change?

"Self designed presidential seals"

McCain does great things? Like what?

Record? What record? Isn't his campaign full of lobbyists?

One of these campaigns accepts donations from lobbyists, which one is it again?

"More orders form washington"

Double standard much

"reduce america's power by talking to "terrorist states". wants to meet with them"

OMG. 'Cause only the barrel of gun can stop terrorism. how's that working in iraq again?

"worried someone won't read them their rights"

right, because we need to protect ourselves against a "terrorist" attack by sending them to gitmo and tourture them for years only to release 80 percent 5 years later.

"Taxes are fine print. will raise taxes. OMG"

cause we're not in a recession or anything or have trillions of national debt. the rich need to stay rich right?

"McCain's not afraid of a fight"

is he looking for one?

"Only McCain can save us from death and destruction"

really? scare tactics much?

Edited by SequoyahDB8

So here's the thing that bothers me about Palin's speech. Schmidt's been crying about how unfair the media is to her. She complains about it in her speech. Obama is the one telling people to lay off. And she spends most of her speech being sarcastically taking shots at Obama.

It's sexist to say anything about her, of course.

• Downvote 1

He was a POW. Really? I hadn't heard?

oh, POW again.

More POW.

"I'm qualified to be Vice President of the United States because McCain was a POW"

"He's qualified because he was a POW"

POW POW POW, It's like this is an old 50's era comic book fight.

And nowhere did she explain her qualifications to be the next leader of the free world..

Edited by neural link
  • Upvote 2

If there was any doubt left among voters, pundits, and politicos alike that John McCain's selection of Sarah Palin was based purely on politics, tonight's speech should lay to rest any notion that Republicans chose their candidate based on anything other than a shallow political calculus.

With her snarky, amateurish, almost Student Council-like speech, Palin proved today that she can attack like a candidate for vice-president. And she demonstrated that she can support the top of the ticket like a candidate for vice-president.

But nowhere in her speech did she demonstrate that she can be vice-president. She's still the former Mayor of Wasilla, Alaska, who didn't even know what the vice-president did until a couple weeks ago, who admitted that she doesn't pay attention to Iraq, who's stonewalling investigations into her alleged misconduct, and who took advantage of the very earmark process she claims to be against.

In sum, she demonstrated that while she can serve as the second person on a ticket, she is unquestionably not ready to serve as the second most powerful person in the world.

-From Daily Kos

And nowhere did she explain her qualifications to be the next leader of the free world..

She has tons of quals... waaaaay more than Obama.

Like she was a mayor and a governor for almost two years and uhhh...

She is a hockey mom...

And did I mention that she has more experience than Obama!

Besides, your just being a sexist pig!

• Downvote 1

you forgot that alaska is close to russia

and she was the head of its national guard

obama has no executive experience whereas palin knows all about managing the country's largest state. plus, she ran a car wash, which shows that she gives back to her community. never mind that the car wash failed miserably.

I increasingly think that Palin was simply picked to dodge direct criticisms of the McCain campaign.

Think about it, personal criticisms of McCain (i.e. his cronies in big business, his affair with his wife) are hardly mentioned in mass media now. Instead we are flooded with stories of Palin's inexperience, her many probes, and now personal family problems.

I think this is the only thing that would make sense to me. Why else would she spend so much damn time on her family life and what her family has done? She didn't deflect criticisms but she instead drew in the public eye on her family and their shortcomings.

At the end of the day, this will only moot Palin as the vice president and won't be able to, on its own, shatter the campaign of McCain.

However, the McCain campaign is able to use personal claims about Palin against the Democrats to make it seem as though they are being harsh, and even sexist.

This will hurt the power of Obama's campaign among the less educated who follow the democratic party as an object of change that is above political squabbles is now seeing them entangled in one that they won't be able to get out of.

Not to mention, Palin will be able to better attract the few morons from Clinton's base who are blindly following McCain to get back at their party who made the most politically viable choice.

If anything, Palin will help to give McCain more credibility behind increasing the production of American oil. Regardless of your personal beliefs in increasing drilling, it is undeniable that this will help McCain with the conservative base.

At the end of the day, the majority of people are not going to be voting on the credentials of the vice president, even if McCain is an oldie.

Oh, and why the fuck is her kid's name "Track." And "Trig?" Trig the retard? I swear I heard laughing when she announced his name.

My favorite part was when she told everyone that Harry Reid "can't stand" John McCain. It reminded me of how much is going to get done in a McCain administration with Democratic leadership in Congress.

My favorite part was when she told everyone that Harry Reid "can't stand" John McCain. It reminded me of how much is going to get done in a McCain administration with Democratic leadership in Congress.

To quote Palin, obviously Reid meant that he cant stand up to John McCain

Jesse Taylor, on the camerawork:

“How DARE they make this election about her children and use them for political gain? Cut to them right now, people! Right now!”

Jesse Taylor, on the camerawork:

“How DARE they make this election about her children and use them for political gain? Cut to them right now, people! Right now!”

Did anyone else catch Palin's youngest daughter spitting on the head of baby brother? Also, who taught Sarah how to name children? Trig, Bristol, Track...?

It'll be valuable for when the Mountie Uprising spills over into Montana. Damn Canucks and their uprisings.