Sign in to follow this  
Darkness

Democracy Promotion

im Affirmative with Sudan case. Negative runs Democracy Promotion saying that since US peacekeepers are in the UN, its gonna cause problems by spreading democracy. What to do against this?

Democracy Promotion Good

Carnegie INstitute in 95

Diamand 99

Rummell

sites to democracy good, could be off in years

To me it doesn't seem that promoting democracy does more harm than good. After all, I have an entire aff on it. I'd try to turn it cause there's really good evidence that says that democracy is good. You can AIM me for the case if you need help.

happy times, does anyone actually buy DP Bad?

DP is actually warranted and can be argued effectively on either side. when you think about it, the united states has always tried to spread democracy, but many times this backfires. the united states ends up giving weapons to rebels so they can overthrow a dictatorship, and then when democracy is established it is extremely corrupt and unstable and doesn't create lasting peace, in fact it spreads more violence. i read somewhere that the US has successfully established an uncorrupt democracy and ended violence a fraction of the time, the only recent examples being panama and germany after ww2.