Sign in to follow this  
shaikenbake

Author Indites

Wanted to see something like this on CX for a while but i never did. If this is a dupe by all means delete this thread and i apologize. If not however, this thread should be used to post any and all author indites.

Khalilzad Has snuck off and had Secret Meetings with the people directly opposing American Values. This contradicts his theory of hegemony because it shows America is a weak nation.

Michael Ledeen (Staff Writer, author of The War Against the Terror Masters, Resident Scholar in the Freedom Chair at the American Enterprise Institute) April 30, 2003 “Desert Shame Redux
: Want a free Iran and a free Syria? We have to fight for it.” NRO [http://www.nationalreview.com/ledeen/ledeen043003.asp] Accessed August 15, 2008

It is therefore disconcerting and discouraging to see the National Security Council's top man in Iraq, Zalmay Khalilzad, sneaking off to secret meetings with representatives of the Iranian regime, and to see Secretary of State Powell enthusiastically contemplating a trip to Damascus. There is nothing to be gained from talking to the mullahs. They are declared enemies of everything we hold precious, and they are only trying to buy time, believing that once they have the atomic bomb we will be forever blocked from challenging them. And if the State Department is so desperate to talk to Assad, then make him swim the Atlantic and crawl to Washington to beg for survival. A Powell trip to Damascus will send a dangerous message to the region. By going there instead of summoning them, we will show weakness. And all will remember that, on the verge of a glorious victory in 1991, the same man called upon this president's father to stop short, turn around, and leave the forces of freedom at the mercy of the tyrants.

• Downvote 1

I think its a credibility indite. Obviously because k-dog has a secret agenda we can't listen to his claims!

It is sort of like the "x is a nazi" arguments.

regardless of how helpful or not it is, might as well give him what he wants:

A2 Bearden

THEIR AUTHOR IS INSANE THE TWO PARAGRAPHS AFTER THEIR CARD STATE THAT THE IMPACT IS INEVITABLE THIS YEAR UNLESS WE “DRAW ENERGY FROM THE VACUUM”

BEARDEN 2000(T.E, total dumbass, http://freerepublic.com/forum/a3aaf97f22e23.htm)

History bears out that desperate nations take desperate actions. Prior to the final economic collapse, the stress on nations will have increased the intensity and number of their conflicts, to the point where the arsenals of weapons of mass destruction (WMD) now possessed by some 25 nations, are almost certain to be released. As an example, suppose a starving North Korea {[7]} launches nuclear weapons upon Japan and South Korea, including U.S. forces there, in a spasmodic suicidal response. Or suppose a desperate China — whose long-range nuclear missiles (some) can reach the United States — attacks Taiwan. In addition to immediate responses, the mutual treaties involved in such scenarios will quickly draw other nations into the conflict, escalating it significantly. Strategic nuclear studies have shown for decades that, under such extreme stress conditions, once a few nukes are launched, adversaries and potential adversaries are then compelled to launch on perception of preparations by one's adversary. The real legacy of the MAD concept is this side of the MAD coin that is almost never discussed. Without effective defense,the only chance a nation has to survive at allis to launch immediate full-bore pre-emptive strikes and try to take out its perceived foes as rapidly and massively as possible. As the studies showed, rapid escalation to full WMD exchange occurs. Today, a great percent of the WMD arsenals that will be unleashed, are already on site within the United States itself {[8]}. The resulting great Armageddon will destroy civilization as we know it, and perhaps most of the biosphere, at least for many decades. My personal estimate is that, beginning about 2007, on our present energy course we will have reached an 80% probability of this "final destruction of civilization itself" scenario occurring at any time, with the probability slowly increasing as time passes. One may argue about the timing, slide the dates a year or two, etc., but the basic premise and general time frame holds. We face not only a world economic crisis, but also a world destruction crisis. So unless we dramatically and quickly solve the energy crisis—rapidly replacing a substantial part of the "electrical power derived from oil" by "electrical power freely derived from the vacuum"—we are going to incur the final "Great Armageddon" the nations of the world have been fearing for so long. I personally regard this as the greatest strategic threat of all times—to the United States, the Western World, all the rest of the nations of the world, and civilization itself

BEARDEN ISN’T QUALIFIED-HE BOUGHT HIS PHD OFF THE INTERNET FROM A COLLEGE THAT DOESN’T EVEN EXIST

GARDNER ’07 (Martin, staff writer for the Skeptical Inquirer, Jan/Feb, http://www.csicop.org/si/2007-01/fringe.html, site accessed July 15th 2007)

“Dr.” Bearden is fond of putting PhD after his name. An Internet check revealed that his doctorate was given, in his own words, for “life experience and life accomplishment.” It was purchased from a diploma mill called Trinity College and University—a British institution with no building, campus, faculty, or president, and run from a post office box in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. The institution’s owner, one Albert Wainwright, calls himself the college “registrant

Edited by kevinwy
  • Downvote 1

i've also found it helpful to cut site indicts

cato, aei, cfr, wordnetdaily, townhall, frontpagemag, etc

i've also found it helpful to cut site indicts

cato, aei, cfr, wordnetdaily, townhall, frontpagemag, etc

If you could post any, that would rock!

yeah both are going to be huge this year especially the warming debates.

Good indicts of the IPCC and then all of the warming good authors. i'll post them later.

there was a vicious vicious kagan indict that was my absolute favorite card in the world

i recommend finding it, people keep finding reasons to quote him and it's just an awful idea

there was a vicious vicious kagan indict that was my absolute favorite card in the world

i recommend finding it, people keep finding reasons to quote him and it's just an awful idea

anyway you can post a cite or way to find that evidence?

do you mean this?

Avery 05

George Avery, Washington Post, 2005 [“It’s Not About Worth, It’s About Lies”, June 25, Lexis]

Robert Kagan's justification for the Iraq war effectively ignores the elephant in the room ["Whether This War Was Worth It," op-ed, June 19]. Initiating a war is the most important decision that a society or nation can make. For a democracy like ours, a clear moral necessity, perceived by our leaders and supported by the people, is essential to taking that step. Kagan says that "the most sensible argument for the invasion" was that "containment could not be preserved indefinitely." That is now a factual conjecture that can never be proved or disproved. Our leaders did not offer that justification, and we as a nation never passed on its validity. Our leaders, who certainly had Kagan's hypothesis before them, chose instead to proffer arguments of an immediate threat: weapons of mass destruction in Saddam Hussein's hands, ties to al Qaeda, etc. It can only be concluded that they recognized the kind of case that was, in fact, morally required, a case that we now know was never there. It would always be easy to justify the harsh consequences of a dubious course of action if we were free, after the fact, to postulate an unprovable set of consequences that would have followed a failure to act. That easy path out of the nation's unease is not worthy of those who value our role of moral leadership in a difficult world.

because I never thought it was terribly responsive

no, that card's not it. that one's weak. the one i'm talking about was borderline ad hominem and it was *cold blooded* but damn it was awesome. i don't have my files anymore and i don't remember the cite but i'd know it if i saw it. i might try and find it one of these days.

and it was a frederick kagan indict i believe.

yeah we actually read it once against a team [led by cx poster movingonup] who made the lone sensible response anyone ever put on it:

"no link--our cards are robert kagan"

don't worry though, we still won

i cut an entire file a couple years ago of indicting both kagans. if anyone is interested PM me for cites. these were in-depth historical arguments about how the kagans have misinterpreted events and their logic is flawed. just check google. there are a ton of people who just absolutely HATE the kagans.

• Upvote 1

i think it would be productive if ppl posted specific indicts of specific authors/ institutions on this topic eg ipso, gelspan, IPCC, etc

great idea! i nominate you to lead that charge. if it's tough, try typing in "<insert name here> is a hack" because i just did that and found the card i was referencing earlier as the second result on google. that took .23 seconds. no need to wait for anyone else to do it for you!

...So what are Kagan’s credentials if he’s such an expert on the Iraq insurgency? Well, as it turns out, he’s actually completely unqualified, to a point that borders on fraud...

and no, that's not the full card, that's the thesis statement. anybody that wants the card needs to go in and read the full article to be able to explain all the holes in fred kagan's credentials even if there are 1-2 paragraphs that tear his poor little ass to shreds anyway. so google for it.

Seems like the entire premise of the indict is baseless since the surge worked. If anything, it's an indict of the dumb soldier that wrote the blog post.

i cut an entire file a couple years ago of indicting both kagans.

there are three kagans that talk about US international power and are read in debate rounds. donald, fred, and robert.

i hope the rest of your file is better researched :)

the premise of the indict is that none of freddy kagan's articles are peer reviewed meaning in academic terms they are functionally worthless

and syn, i've never heard anyone read a donald kagan card. [not to say they don't exist, but if you're gonna pick two of em to indict, it'd probly be his sons]

Sign in to follow this