Sign in to follow this  
tennisfool412

Fight Club K??

So I read the description. Would someone mind explaining the actual K, maybe I missed something...??

1st rule of this K...

• Downvote 1

that sounds so hott

Oh, it is even better than that. It's like going 6 off (all contradictory specification arguments) then Inherency plus Brad Pitt Good/Bad. The "K" that I described is a small portion. It's like the top of the pyramid. Brad Pitt Good/Bad is the second level, then this is the 3rd level. We're not even a third of the way down yet.

So I read the description. Would someone mind explaining the actual K, maybe I missed something...??

First,don't forget your friend the search function :

http://www.cross-x.com/vb/showthread.php?t=971791&highlight=fight+club

Second, all of the "cards" in the file are cut from Fight Club. What the K is saying is that the mindset/cutural attidute of constant consumerism/drive for perfection is really fucked up, and this mindset isn't only inherent in the plan but rather in the activity of debate. The K operates not only as a K of the aff but doubles as a K of debate itself, meaning that your F/W args. are pretty much built in.

Third, you are NOT your advocacies, you are NOT your win-loss record, you are NOT your state points and you are NOT how many tubs you roll into rounds with.

When we invented fight club, Tyler and I, neither of us had ever been in a fight before. If you’ve never been in a fight, you wonder. About getting hurt, about what you’re capable of doing against another man. I was the first guy Tyler ever felt safe enough to ask, and we were both drunk in a bar where no one would care so Tyler said, “I want you to do me a favor. I want you to hit me as hard as you can.”

I didn’t want to, but Tyler explained it all, about not wanting to die without any scars, about being tired of watching professionals fight, and wanting to know more about himself. About self-destruction. At the time, my life just seemed too complete, and maybe we have to break everything to make something better out of ourselves.

The alternative is exclusive - we don't all have a crazy, well-dressed, absolutely taut and ripped alter ego to make soap with.

• Upvote 1

First,don't forget your friend the search function :

http://www.cross-x.com/vb/showthread.php?t=971791&highlight=fight+club

Maybe this is my own opinion about sales and marketing, but I believe that the easier and more simple the better. Therefore, I can't understand why someone who is attempting to sell a product provides (basically) zero description or pitch. Relying on a consumer to search to figure out what exactly it is that you are selling is ridiculous. But then, maybe effective marketing would link to the K??? Is it ironic that this K is being sold ?? :)

• Upvote 1

Maybe this is my own opinion about sales and marketing, but I believe that the easier and more simple the better. Therefore, I can't understand why someone who is attempting to sell a product provides (basically) zero description or pitch. Relying on a consumer to search to figure out what exactly it is that you are selling is ridiculous. But then, maybe effective marketing would link to the K??? Is it ironic that this K is being sold ?? :)

Maybe this is my own opinion about sales and marketing, but i believe that the description provided encompasses the jist of the argument that the file makes. Furthermore, I wasn't really relying on consumers to search anything. If they feel like it they can, or they can just not buy it. It is ironic that its being sold. I also need cigarette money.

You could consider it one of those cool gifts you get when you donate to pbs or something.

• Downvote 1

Look ma, I'm a hip K debater...I make facile gestures difficult by being everyone's bad conscience...Lawl.

Isn't it ironic that people who don't ACTUALLY think China should do the plan are *gasp* selling a China counter-plan!? I'll be honest, our decision to sell this files offends me. How could we be so crass as to treat an argument as an argument; how could we be so foolish as to believe that there is pedagogical value to debate?

Get over yourself.

And as for effective marketing...have you ever seen commercials for pharmaceutical drugs? It's people smiling, laughing, talking to cartoon animals etc followed by a friendly man in a white coat telling you to ask your doctor about larazaoxymethamdizapine...

Side effects of buying this K may include: insomnia, irritability and a cult following. In some rare cases, psychosis may result. Ask your doctor if the fight club K is right for you.

Edited by Zack
  • Upvote 2

He has a point. You should only be allowed to run this K if you hacked cross-x and stole this file.

assuming we somehow DID get this kritik off the internet.

If the team running it does win the argument that they're win loss records don't define them, whats the answer to "perm---vote [insert my side] and accept that we shouldn't let our records define us"? It seems like if you K the notion of trying to win, its easy to lose?

assuming we somehow DID get this kritik off the internet.

If the team running it does win the argument that they're win loss records don't define them, whats the answer to "perm---vote [insert my side] and accept that we shouldn't let our records define us"? It seems like if you K the notion of trying to win, its easy to lose?

Yes i see it now.....this entire kritik is premised off of 1 sentance in the shell....clearly your 2ac should only answer that one part of the argument.

EDIT: to all the clear lake kids who neg repped this post saying "clear lake neg rep"- you can all go fuck yourselves, you shouldnt clip cards. seriously.

Edited by bacon bits
  • Downvote 3