Sign in to follow this  
Guest svfrey

Round 76: [Energy Topic: M] svfrey vs. lawlruschang

i think you need to make some sort of answer as to why multiple conditional positions are good i.e. key to negative flex due to 2ac clarifications, or aff dont be a sissy we are only going to go for one of these positions and read 20 conditional positions they are awesome!!!!

thanks everyone for judging.

do you guys feel like there's some sort of answer that i was missing and could have made, or that i just should have run 1 conditional advocacy?

I don't think the problem is that you have two conditional advocacies, it's that your K is predicated on fiatting government action, which all plans/CPs do (except for some K/Irony plans of course), so there's no way to avoid having your CP link to it. Whether or not that makes it much harder for the aff to debate is one thing, but I just think it's a poor strategy choice myself. I think you should also put some offense on his interpretation, because LLC and arg responsbility are not really covered in any detail in the 2NR or block, or at least not to the extent that the aff does. Spend more time building up why your interpretation is better rather than putting tons of defense on his.