Sign in to follow this  
weisvaue

sudan case

we ran into a sudan case that claimed Sudan in the past has been bitched slapped by a phone call from the U.S. and upon recieving the call stopped conflict.

plan text claims to simply make a phone call...

anyone else hear anything similar? is their any truth to the afore mentioned statement?

topicality on it?

________

Buy Herbalaire Vaporizer

Edited by weisvaue
  • Downvote 1

T- Establish Unless they are establishing the policy that we are going to just call up everyone that steps out of line and have a little chat, they sure as hell aren't establishing anything.

i run sudan and i have the phone call card but i don't use that as my plan. our plan is alot more involved and topical than just a phone call. we use the card merely as an example of US applying pressure on the sudanese gov.

Excatly. The card functions better as a solvency extension than anything else. I'd like to examine the card for warrants though. Post it if you have it on hand. Cites and all.

we ran into a sudan case that claimed Sudan in the past has been bitched slapped by a phone call from the U.S. and upon recieving the call stopped conflict.

plan text claims to simply make a phone call...

anyone else hear anything similar? is their any truth to the afore mentioned statement?

topicality on it?

i have that card in my 1ac

tonight rocks for you guys then cuz i'll type it for you ;-)

US pressure is key to action in sudan

Samantha power, Lecturer at the kennedy school of Government (Harvard University), Federal Document Clearing House COngressional Testimony, April 22, 2004

The White House and the Pentagon have been mostly mute. President Bush must use American leverage to demand that the government in Khartoum cease its attacks. The president made a phone call to Sudan's president, Omar Hassan Ahmed al-Bashir, and issued a strong public denunciation of the Darfur killings on April 7, 2004. and this pressure yeilded the immediate announcement of a cease-fire. But as soon as U.S. attention waned, the killings resumed. Mr. Bush should keep calling.

I run the case, and the Power card. Nobody advocates a simple phone call. All of the solvency evidence will advocate an active role in negotiations and UN peacekeepers, even Power does. The next sentence in the card is that "The Bush Administration cannot do this alone. International peacekeepers are needed in Darfur."

Anyone who's plan merely makes a phone call is taking their authors out of context and is ridiculous.

Sign in to follow this