RoyersMWD

Nebraska 08-09

I find her diction discomforting. I don't want someone in the oval office saying shit like dangit, joe-6-pack and darnit. I believe a requisite for president should be that that person should be smarter than myself. Sarah Palin is not no matter how you look at it. How many kids does she have?

Edited by theoneandonly
bad words.

well there's trig, calc, stats, bristol, taladega, nascar, track, field, race, wrench, pliers, and i think in the debates she said one of the was named maverick.

• Upvote 1

well there's trig, calc, stats, bristol, taladega, nascar, track, field, race, wrench, pliers, and i think in the debates she said one of the was named maverick.

this is why i keep coming back to check this thread.

Maverick Outsider Palin is by far the most astute of the Palin children, in my humble opinion.

Tina Fey...er Sarah Palin is coming to Omaha today to stump for McCain. I could not be more excited by this; not because I give a shit about the GOP ticket, but if they are sending the VP candidate into Omaha of all fucking places to try and get votes that means the Democrats are doing fantastic in the area and the GOP is scared of losing the district. GO-bama!

http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/2008/10/omaha-nebraskas-one-electoral-vote-is.html

does that mean omaha debaters can start using themselves as link stories on px disads?

Housing bubble, financial implosion as a result of deregulation. I just want to see the pit bull maverick with lipstick defend the warrants of anything. Anyway, special needs education is important, so is being a mother to a downs syndrome infant, something I wouldn't want distracting a very important political leader. Sarah Palin cares about special needs a whole downs syndrome baby worth. Despicable.

beer. i saw the daily show last night where they interviewed a bunch of people from wasila, and there's not a goddamned one of 'em that's got six pack abs but every single person there for sure has a six pack of beer.

While I agree with the sentiment of your point, usually when a statement is prefaced with "they have nothing better to do than..." the following activity is something boring. All ethical judgement aside, I'm fairly sure that shooting wolves out of a helicopter would be rather eventful.

Do you think the McCain camp has found out that calling themselves mavericks looks pathetic yet? We'll see in about 3.25 hours

I'd like to note that he didn't call himself a maverick once during that debate.

Did anyone hear the "that one" comment by McCain? To say the least, he definitely could have chosen his words a little better. It looks like the Obama campaign is already making it a big issue and rightfully so.

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2008/10/07/obama-campaign-takes-issue-with-mccains-that-one-remark/

Here's a snippet...

Obama spokesman Bill Burton sent a one-line message to reporters after McCain made the comment that said, “Did John McCain just refer to Obama as ‘that one’?” And again at the conclusion of the debate, the Obama campaign emailed reporters, “Did John McCain refer to Obama as ‘that one’?” (The clip is here on YouTube.)

McCain made the remark tonight when discussing a 2005 Senate vote on an energy bill. “There was an energy bill on the floor of the Senate loaded down with goodies, billions for the oil companies, and it was sponsored by Bush and Cheney. You know who voted for it? You might never know. That one,” he said, pointing to Obama. “You know who voted against it? Me.”

Edited by BrentK

I don't know what it is about "those people" in Wasilla whatever but they're kind of funny, as long as they're not trying to fight you or saying outlandishly racist things. I don't want one of them to be the president. I didn't watch the debate tonight but John McCain cannot accuse Obama of being partisan because he votes for his minority party 97% of the time, means that McCain has to defend the majority that enacted all of George Bush's budgets, the Iraq war, the failing economy, ect. The fact that McCain voted for these horrible things means that the Democratic voice of reason was ignored by Republicans and some Democrats but not Obama. Obama's voting record just means that he voted for the right thing 97% of the time. All I know is that I'm buying some stock.

And, Pat Buchanan talks like he's doing play by play on a game changing score. It's awesome.

Zack, I'd like to take credit for this: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/08/washington/08detain.html?_r=1&hp&oref=slogin

Edited by theoneandonly
bopadoplous jesse cansopolous capadoplous

I wanted to throw things at the TV every time John McCain called me his friend.

my favorite comment of the night by far was mccain's ansewr to the quesiton "who would you appoint as secretary of the treasury?" john's answer was began with an abrupt "not you tom [brokaw]". WHAT THE FUCK? is that supposed to be a joke? i'm totally baffled by what this means or is supposed to convey.

It was awesome when Obama stuck it McCain on the inexperience issue. He basically said you think I'm green? you were the one playing Bob and Ann and twisting it so it said bomb bomb bomb Iran. He's like "you're the one that's not taking this election seriously." McCain thought this election was going to be a walk in the park and his cavalier attitude came back and is biting him in the ass.

my favorite comment of the night by far was mccain's ansewr to the quesiton "who would you appoint as secretary of the treasury?" john's answer was began with an abrupt "not you tom [brokaw]". WHAT THE FUCK? is that supposed to be a joke? i'm totally baffled by what this means or is supposed to convey.

you obviously aren't senile enough to get his humor.

i think you're confused. only those 17 people are fucked...