RoyersMWD

Nebraska 08-09

I'm here, duh. But I only vote AFF, unless you go for T. Westside also provides the judging skillz of Nic, Zach Lipman and Jenna Smith. Also I saw Cody Zahbanski at Harrahs and he said he might judge.

I am still working with the campaign and will be until November 4th. I am in Joplin, MO working as a field organizer. Its going great though, long days, tough deadlines, and a whole lot of work to do if we want this state to go blue (which it will, trust me).

KC's locked down.

Ian and David went 4-2, dropping to the top teams from Chattahoochee and GBS. They're in doubleoctos (the bid round) right now against Henry Sibley.

Congrats to Ian and David

Also, my congrats to Billy and Zach from Westside for going either 2-4 or 3-3 (one judge didn't disclose), and thus doing better than Nick and I did at our first couple national circuit tournaments

Edited by Zaq

Joel,

The link to the god K is that Judeo-Christian religion is the starting point for humanity's domination of nature. Our argument is that the way current resource consumption works is akin to the logic that made Adam and Eve capable of controlling the garden of eden. Our evidence indicates that this type of technological thought is infact a re-reading of Christian ethics and thus the justification for scientific control of the environment acheives a kind of unapproachable divinity. Thus, we propose that in order to fight the forces of absolute reason that science or religion or the religion of science represent we should come to the public square and announce the death of God...

Most of the arg. is out of a book called Bataille's Peak. It is a really good read.

Thank you all for your support of Ian and David. I would also like give props to the boys from Westside for a great showing as a Junior duo...the future looks bright over there.

Your daddy he's an outlaw

And a wanderer by trade

He'll teach you how to pick and choose

And how to throw the blade.

He oversees his kingdom

So no stranger does intrude

His voice it trembles as he calls out

For another plate of food.

One more cup of coffee for the road,

One more cup of coffee 'fore I go

To the valley below.

WHo all's rollin to valley?

Westside's sending two policy teams--Billy/Zach and Brandon/Katherine

i'm not sure if LDers are going

Hey Smith,

Do you think that we could get a practice round in before Valley. I am taking two teams and so are you. It might be nice to hit some new blood before we leave. What do you think?

awww look. dana drew a picture of himself. that's adorable. is that hanging on the fridge big man?

No, I didn't draw it. It was one of the defaults. I couldn't figure out how to customize my own avatar (not shocking). After shaking the computer in an attempt to scare it into compliance, I found this little beauty. I think it resembles what we talk about in debate this year...the accursed share.