RoyersMWD

Nebraska 08-09

We make no determination about the topicality of any of these cases and encourage novices to run T. As far as the incentives aspect of the topic goes, 95% of the cases that came out of camps center around the energy mechanism rather than the incentive mechanism. We are more concerned with the advantage/impact debate rather than the solvency mechanism anyway.

that makes sense, though i still think novices have more to prepare for this year in terms of argument diversity coming from the aff. personally, i'm not much in favor of novice limits anyway, so i should probably make clear that i think it's more of a good thing that not. i was only wondering if you had considered that.

it also just occurred to me that i'm probably wrong when i say that brownfields is blatantly fx, since "incentives" is the subject of the resolution and not "alternative energy." i only brought it up because i had thought wike had specifically picked coal to liquid as the token non-topical novice case for this year.

Edited by hexagonsun

Those limits are the best ones I've seen yet since I started debating! I think these leave a lot more room for creativity (and therefore more T debate) than last year's case limits while still limiting the topic enough to help the novices learn how to debate. Strong work.

Will the neg limits (no CPs until second semester, no Ks except for outrounds at Westside) apply this year as well? I'm guessing "yes," but I just want to be sure. Thanks. :-)

Hey Scott, just wondering how Millard South's answers to No Ev are

consider that scott works at millard south and that i (who is still bitter about that round) am helping them this year. :)

What tournaments are known to usually happen in (or are happening in) February?

2/ 7 - Kearney

2/14 - Lincoln Southeast

2/21 - Lincoln East

2/28 - NIT (this may be different since NSAA is holding Speech quals for class A on a Monday)

Better than jesus.

your answers are better than a guy that got killed by a bunch of pissed off jews? thats really not that impressive

your answers are better than a guy that got killed by a bunch of pissed off jews? thats really not that impressive

Oh, yes. Jesus was killed by Jews. It is really not that impressive that you're trying to make someone else look stupid when you can't make an adaquate and factual sarcastic comment.

What does the judge pool look like this year? I imagine I'll be around about as often as I have been the past few years. 3-4 tourneys throughout the year. If this has already been discussed, I apologize.

Just curious does anyone know if the Tourney schedule will pretty much be the same as last year?

I would really like to find a team to judge for but it would be best if I judged LD or PF because I know nothing about policy.

If anyone was interested let me know... please?

Have you been cleared by the Nebraska Debate Judging Association? If you need to contact someone here are at least the names of individuals on the board; Bartels, Chewie, Brad Meurrens, Paul Bellinger, and of course the esteemed and rockin out of retirement Scott Milliken at the helm.

Have you been cleared by the Nebraska Debate Judging Association? If you need to contact someone here are at least the names of individuals on the board; Bartels, Chewie, Brad Meurrens, Paul Bellinger, and of course the esteemed and rockin out of retirement Scott Milliken at the helm.

Ha, Ha, Ha... you already pulled that one.

I'll be around for as many tournaments as I can, which should include most lincoln and omaha tournaments

dana and i will be around, and i believe kerri has said sh'd be interested in doing some judging. royers will be around. anyone else have any insight?