C-lis214

Alternative Energy Language K Ideas

natural resources language legitimizes exploiting nature.

environment means everything surrounding us, putting us in the center of everything and having the power to control nature.

sustainability cedes power to us to do anything to balance nature for our own future.

alternative energy itself could be one, meaning that when we see a better way to balance sustainability and consumption in order for capitalism to reign. in order to optimize nature and profits, we are constantly searching for alternatives to our current energy, all for the sake of making the most of our resources.

• Upvote 1

It would be helpful if all y'all posted citations for where you are getting these ideas.

It would be helpful if all y'all posted citations for where you are getting these ideas.

this would most likely be more helpful. must of the stuff i previously posted above comes from the ideas of Tim Luke. he has an entire website of papers he has written, all for free, so have fun. http://www.cddc.vt.edu/tim/papers.html

Emery Roe wrote a book called Policy Narrative Analysis. One chapter critiqued the use of the word "global warming" in environmental policy (I believe specific to tradeable permits and carbon taxes- it's been a while though, so don't hold me to that). It was a semi-popular argument on the old renewable energy topic.

It's not very "kritikal" because the impact to Roe's argument is no solvency, but it's got pretty good link evidence.

Last time I checked, Professor Roe was pretty familiar with policy debate and applying his policy analysis approach to debate style thinking. For people wanting to run narrative affs and/or kritiks using a narrative approach, he'd be a wonderful resource.