Sign in to follow this  
ScottyP431

New Debate Blog

If this is an inappropriate post please delete it.

Since evtub is now defunct I have created a new site for my debate blog: http://spdebate.blogspot.com/

I will be posting throughout the summer about camp/the topic etc. and then during the year about popular arguments, tournament results etc.

One thing that may be of use to you is I have created a energy topic google search with a bunch of websites I have found cards on since camp started.

so do you have three blogs now? why did you decide to retire the others?

-assume that since most camp evidence is shared over the internet now it’s a waste of time to do a lot of work at camp when you can free ride

This is resistance.

good point. Maybe camp files at junior & senior labs should be devided into two sections: good cards you'd actually use, and cards we just have to put out. Edited by Synergy

This is the only blog that gets updated. I had a Miami heat blog but then they traded shaq and I lost interest. Other life blogs had comments about friends they didn't want on the interwebs.

Re: Camps

I agree. There is so much wasted camp time spent on like, rehashing a soft power file etc. that is totally useless/not innovative. Most schools already have these backfiles and just chuck these in the trash and the end result is no updates get done.

I definitely recommend everyone checks out SP Debate the article on the purpose of debate camp is pretty sweet. Keep it up Scott.

Why is EvTub defunct?

Question for people who use blogspot- is there a way to cut and paste out of a word document into the blogspot post business and maintain the word formatting - i.e. underlining , bolding etc?

Thanks

• Downvote 1

Question for people who use blogspot- is there a way to cut and paste out of a word document into the blogspot post business and maintain the word formatting - i.e. underlining , bolding etc?

Thanks

I'm a mac user, so there's a chance that Office 2007 already has a way to do this...but I had a friend a while back that just ended up downloading a program that reveals the HTML coding of your standard word document. I don't remember what he used, but a quick Google search led me to a program called "CrossEyes"

I don't know if this will be helpful, but I think that this is what you need to do. You just need to find a way to reveal the a coded document with a bunch of extra stuff and then copy and paste that into blogspot. That should work.

If you use Word on Windows, you can probably just post directly from Word using the Blogger for Word plugin. It's at http://buzz.blogger.com/bloggerforword.html

If you use a Mac, you might have to employ an intermediary step involving saving the Word document as an HMTL file and then using a third party service to reformat it into standard HTML. Some ways to do that are decribed here: http://safarisoftware.typepad.com/clearblogging/2007/02/making_clean_po.html

That plug in would of been awesome since I'm an idiot but it keeps giving error messages, doesn't look like its word07/vista compatible.

Thanks though.

Best Blogging software ever: ScribeFire. It's a Firefox addon (extension, whatever) that you set up once with your blog account info. Then you click on a button on your browser and a small editor window pops up. You type in what you want and hit publish and bam, it's online. And yes, it has formatting options. Also, you can publish to different blogs by setting up each one then clicking the appropriate radio button before publishing.

In Word 2007, that feature is built-in. When you click on the new weird top left icon dealy, one of the options is "Publish." When you select it, one of the options is something like "Blog Post." From there, you should be able to enter the details of your Blogger/Blogspot account and write and publish from within Word.

I would be able to give a more specific account, but I am not on a computer that has Office 2007 on it at the moment.