Sign in to follow this  
I was worth leaving

Resolved

Now, why is what I said more offensive? Why do you get so upset at what I have to say and not tyler? Do you feel there isn't enough sympathy for someone who has lost someone in there life? Do you feel racism everyone knows is wrong, but someone ad-homs about a dead father, thats over the line? Racist jokes ok, personal attacks not?

Tyler's racist comment doesn't make a dead father joke right.

To present yourself as morally superior because Tyler might be a racist is despicable. Stop placing yourself at a moral high ground because you're a slightly less of a douchebag than Tyler. This is like during the Holocaust, Hitler being like "I'm not that bad - Goering was the one that orchestrated all the Jew killing!"

• Upvote 1

don't be philosophical. there is a stigma that is commonly associated with the word terrorist, and it has to do with those of middle eastern decent. Additionally, if that wasn't a reference to my ethnicity, then what was it a reference to.

In order to start reversing some of that stigma, we should probably start with that you're not Middle Eastern. ;)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/5d/GreaterMiddleEast.gif

No derek, that was a problem with you. My reasoning why its ok, is because tyler said it was. I am calling you out for being more upset about an ad hom than racism. Why racism is WROSE, and why its fucked up that there is anger in response to me, but words of praise thrown at Tyler. Thats exactly the fucking problem, racism obscures and makes them different, some how that couldn't effect anyone personally, but a blatant personal attack bothers you? Are you fucking kidding me man? Way to sit by ideally, when something legitmaitly fucked up occurs, than a CLEARLY retroactive comment is made get offended. Get off your fucking high horse, you make me sad as a human being that is what offended you.

I can't really remember me throwing out 'words of praise' towards Tyler, or saying that what you did was worse. I only recall saying that neither was productive or good. *shrug*

But I guess condoning harassment on the less worse end gets me out of that, at least in your warped sense of logic.

You still haven't given me a reason why making fun of his dead father is Ok, even in a world in which he says online that it's cool. Have you had a father die? I can promise you - it ain't really that cool. It ain't something to joke about. You'll come back and rant about how Tyler said racist shit - that's a reason to call him out for being a racist. Not a reason to make blandly unfunny insults towards his deceased father. In debate lingo, you have no 'offense' - just a lot of 'defense' for why what you said isn't that massed up in lieu of Tyler. That's not a reason to drop the dead-dad joke.. that's a reason why what Tyler said is bad. Admonish him for it - I don't care. I'm just saying that you lost all moral credibility when you begin to sink to a level of personal, violent insults, seemingly "justified" by the fact that he's supposedly a bad person. Yet again, you fail to justify why what he did justifies a dead dad joke. Once again, I just ask and urge admonishment - flaming - hell, call for him being banned from the forum. All of these are MUCH MORE suitable alternatives, and don't defend a position of maliciously making jokes at an area that shouldn't be joked about. Ever. I think my position is pretty clear in this light - both of yall are messed up.

I'm done dealing with you. You may find making fun of emotionally sensitive areas of people's lives pleasing, but I really don't.

Edited by dziegler

Thats right, internalize your oppression, its what the white ppl want you to do

I vote you don't get to speak unless you disclose who the fuck you are

Love

Ben

Seriously- not really, but really, don't post randomly

• Upvote 1

how about this: everyone in this thread prior to this post was being a massive douchebag. How about everyone apologizes to everyone else, shuts the fuck up about it, and we talk about the god damned movie?

• Downvote 2

how about this: everyone in this thread prior to this post was being a massive douchebag. How about everyone apologizes to everyone else, shuts the fuck up about it, and we talk about the god damned movie?

good one...

the movie focused too much on cheaters. i mean even the national circuit team ran cheater arguments.

what is a cheater argument? aspec? if i do remember correctly no one was reading aspec.

Guest fizelly27
what is a cheater argument? aspec? if i do remember correctly no one was reading aspec.

a-spec is a good argument

bitch

• Downvote 1

QFA

Sarah you know what a cheater argument is. this is not to be confused with a winner argument however.

Edited by Wildcat09
learning to type still

anyone know of a site you can watch Resolved on for free online? i've checked a couple sites but Resolved isnt one of the common listed titles since its so new.

"cool"? What the fuck? Since when was cross-x about making friends are letting someone know you are a decent human being? I don't care what you think about what I said man. I thought it was humorous more than anything that you bothered to post your displeasure and to rep me with the same comment. Tyler is a utter piece of shit, when confronted about making a racist comment he hides behind "Oh you tottally don't know what I ment", so why bother with that route?

Moral of the story, I don't care that you think it was a comment of low clash. Tyler is a racist and in general a shitty person. And if you don't see whats different about an ad-hom and a racist ad-hom I weep for you.

Racism o/w personal ad hom? Racism operates by removing the personal element and dehumanizing a nameless other. This is the reason why you feel the need to strike out at me and not Tyler. Somehow no one could be effected by racism personally, but something that is clearly personal is worse? Fuck you for caring about this more you prick.

Oh, and to be perfectly clear. Derek I don't give a fuck what you think, never have, never will.

^social contract. Under that everything is justified, party involved abides by so I'm legit.

Now, why is what I said more offensive? Why do you get so upset at what I have to say and not tyler? Do you feel there isn't enough sympathy for someone who has lost someone in there life? Do you feel racism everyone knows is wrong, but someone ad-homs about a dead father, thats over the line? Racist jokes ok, personal attacks not?

No derek, that was a problem with you. My reasoning why its ok, is because tyler said it was. I am calling you out for being more upset about an ad hom than racism. Why racism is WROSE, and why its fucked up that there is anger in response to me, but words of praise thrown at Tyler. Thats exactly the fucking problem, racism obscures and makes them different, some how that couldn't effect anyone personally, but a blatant personal attack bothers you? Are you fucking kidding me man? Way to sit by ideally, when something legitmaitly fucked up occurs, than a CLEARLY retroactive comment is made get offended. Get off your fucking high horse, you make me sad as a human being that is what offended you.

Stop calling K's cheating like your a real policy debater.

I think Keegan's dyslexia only showed up once...someone might wanna re-read and make sure, but otherwise congrats Keegan =] You are become more civilized.

btw keegan - you're an atrocious asshole. Not only does your reasoning NOT make sense (he said it was ok to dehumanize him so obviously it is ok [i swear the nigger said i could hang him...i promise. I am not racist, het let me do it!]) but it's just pathetic.

Edited by T Ferguson
  • Downvote 1

bitch

im pretty sure only a few people can call sarah a bitch

and you are not even close to being one of them

• Downvote 1

QFA

Sarah you know what a cheater argument is. this is not to be confused with a winner argument however.

i've never been too sure what a cheater argument is anyways.

an argument is an argument. you should utilize all arguments. of course there is argument preference but perhaps i will side with keegan here (:

• Downvote 1

i've never been too sure what a cheater argument is anyways.

an argument is an argument. you should utilize all arguments. of course there is argument preference but perhaps i will side with keegan here (:

Here's a cheater argument: "It's not what it looks like! I swear!"

;)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Ugh, so about Resolved... That Sam guy reminds me of REDACTED. ( I like REDACTED, BTW, and I am not trying to call him racist or a terrorist or whatever.) Anyway, I think it is odd that the Long Beach Jordan team argued that it is exclusive after they won the state championship. Anyone else with me on this?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Ugh, so about Resolved... That Sam guy reminds me of REDACTED. ( I like REDACTED, BTW, and I am not trying to call him racist or a terrorist or whatever.) Anyway, I think it is odd that the Long Beach Jordan team argued that it is exclusive after they won the state championship. Anyone else with me on this?

In some circumstances yeah, but I think the exclusivity of the event isn't something you start out realizing, it takes involvement in the activity to notice it.

I was born in the United Arab Emirates....Have Turkish lineage...

Really? I thought you were Indian or Pakistani. Regardless my comment was in jest (opposed to all the other very angry posts in this thread). But that's interesting, and now I look like an idiot.

Edited by tim
  • Upvote 2

Getting back to the real point of the thread. I thought the documentary was very good.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1