Carpe Noctem

NFL Nationals Updates

Is this the same LaSalle team that was in finals at CFL?

yup. same guys. tj mccarrick and john sperger.

Collins dropped in semis of FX. Bishop Miege's DI was in semis but I have no idea whether he advanced.

Did we ever get concrete word on the fates of Pohl, Ebeling, Bolton, or Wang? All were alive as of quarters but I have no idea what their codes were.

Pete and Helen didnt make semis

andrew potter got into the top 20 in prose. do we have any word on the supplimentals? i hear rumors about steuwe possibly being in expo finals

andrew potter got into the top 20 in prose. do we have any word on the supplimentals? i hear rumors about steuwe possibly being in expo finals

Matt Munday made it to semis in extemp comm. No Sunflower kids made it past 3rd round in impromtu.

BREAKING NEWS!!!!!

Deskboy hit the big time. He was a central figure in two of the final rounds of competition. Congratulations!

More news to come.

yup. same guys. tj mccarrick and john sperger.

Nice. Judged those guys in prelims. Cool kids, they definitely deserve the success they've had.

Matt Munday made it to semis in extemp comm. No Sunflower kids made it past 3rd round in impromtu.

As far as I know I was the last Kansas kid in Impromptu, I dropped in semifinals.

expos - breanna roach from sterling took 2nd

senate - sarah shier from salina central took 5th

the non-official results packet also indicates that allison stuewe from salina central took first in expos

BREAKING NEWS!!!!!

Deskboy hit the big time. He was a central figure in two of the final rounds of competition. Congratulations!

More news to come.

I assume he was the one who threw the frisbee?

I got to timekeep for the finals of IX. You wouldn't believe the pressure....turning the card at the correct time, keeping up with the two minute cross-x period, and knowing that hundreds of people are depending on you to keep the round fair. Yes, getting to timekeep at the big show was certainly something that I'll never forget.

• Downvote 1

Andrew Carlson of Kapaun Mt. Carmel (pronounced kay-poon by the anouncer) recieved 12th speaker.

Andrew Carlson of Kapaun Mt. Carmel (pronounced kay-poon by the anouncer) recieved 12th speaker.

the look on andrew's face when he heard it pronounced was priceless

the look on andrew's face when he heard it pronounced was priceless

better than the look on andrew baker's face when glenbrook north's 2n pronounced his name "chris" last summer?

better than the look on andrew baker's face when glenbrook north's 2n pronounced his name "chris" last summer?

i wasn't there to witness that one. you have to figure that andrew is goofy lookin anyway though, so i'm sure andrew didn't compare

http://www.nflonline.org/uploads/NationalTournament/2008results.pdf

Nichols took second and Dean got third, which is pretty awesome. Congrats.

Thanks! Also, thanks for the files you gave us too. We picked up round either round 8 or 9 (don't remember which one it was that we ran it) with the DA you cut.