Sign in to follow this  
KatieFred

Missouri at NFLs

Wanted to start a thread for the following things:

1) A place for people to post updates, regardless of event- many wonderful policy debaters in the state are competing in individual events

2) To encourage people to join the code sharing project, or at least post your codes here.

Good luck to everyone! It's friggin hot in Vegas, so let's rock our suits well.

Hey, it cooled off a bit this evening! Our car only said 102 when we got back from some weigh-your-own fro-yo this evening.

I know that Greenwood Lab broke and Blue Springs is in... thats all I know

**Update**

According to Nick the only Mo teams that broke are

Truman

Blue Springs

Carthage

Greenwood Lab

Good luck guys!

Edited by beltonpolicyguy

Truman just got knocked out. No word on the others though.

no they aren't. They won round 7 I know for sure. It is two downs and out. We are two up. Any other results?

Congrats Sarah and Katie! I love you all, and the entire Gwood squad for that matter. Thanks for momentarily bringing me back in the community. I said it last year, Sarah is a BALLER. I said it at Pview last yar, and Katie is a baller too. I told her that when Carrick was double 2's. I called it, congrats ladies.

Congrats to Carthage too. In all honesty you overcame some serious barriers to be nice guys. You are the only two people that I have ever met who are not squirrely, or you werent the tournament I was around. Seriously congrats on being competitors and nice guys, to me.

Good job and good luck MO

no they aren't. They won round 7 I know for sure. It is two downs and out. We are two up. Any other results?

I definitely heard they're out. Blue Springs is still in as well.

Cool, congrats. Did the Liberty teams break? E MO policy didn't do too hot :( Neither team broke.

To be honest, I was and still am pretty pissed with the outcome. Like, we hit Damien CG fourth round, and they had seven TOC bids and went to sems of the TOC. That's the only debate we legitly lost. But everything else was pretty sketchy. We had an easy draw, and in my opinion really should have pulled at least 8 ballots. The judging really wasn't that great, but to be honest we at least didn't hit anyone very good. I haven't seen the ballots yet, but I'm just kind of sceptical of the RFDs.

Yeah, I don't know about Liberty, but I know that Blue Springs South, and they upped their first elim, downed 2-1 to Berkley Prep.

I definitely heard they're out. Blue Springs is still in as well.

lol awkward well they told me in the bathroom before round 8 that they won round 7 so idk idk

thanks corey for the ellipsis. it was purely informational for the teams competing

Edited by debateislife21

We went 7-5 in pre-lims and got a hard draw except for one face crush team. I'm not going to rant, but only say that I'm typing up my hitlist as we speak.

Congrats to the MO policy teams that advanced

I think Sarah may have heard wrong in the bathroom...we did lose rounds 7 and 8 both on splits. I don't really agree with either RFD but oh well nothing can really be done now.

Good luck to Greenwood and Blue Springs you all will do great tomorrow and its good to know there is still some great Missouri representation!!

Congrats again to all!!!

btw i had more judges that knew and were wondering where Mike Kearney was then ever before. Just thought I'd let you know you are missed haha

Congrats to the MO policy teams that advanced

I think Sarah may have heard wrong in the bathroom...we did lose rounds 7 and 8 both on splits. I don't really agree with either RFD but oh well nothing can really be done now.

Good luck to Greenwood and Blue Springs you all will do great tomorrow and its good to know there is still some great Missouri representation!!

Congrats again to all!!!

btw i had more judges that knew and were wondering where Mike Kearney was then ever before. Just thought I'd let you know you are missed haha

:( sorry! what was your code?

mikekearneyexistswhat?

You better respect.

Obviously Louie is the reason Blue Springs is still in.

lol awkward well they told me in the bathroom before round 8 that they won round 7 so idk idk

i hear things in the bathroom too that no one else hears...