Dr. McNinja

The official Barack Obama/John McCain/Bob Barr '08 election thread

dpron..Yawn......My advice, don't travel to Singapore...and I won't even comment on your obvious desire to see men caned...that is truly disturbing. But this proves y'all will react to anything I say..it's funny. You disdain me, so you say, but you'll jump when I yank your chain. Funny. However...I should point out that I've writtten on Cross-X and other places my actual beliefs about drugs in terms of what SHOULD be done/for those who use drugs AND what I think the US should do with its drug policies.

Edited by hylanddd
  • Downvote 2

dpron..Yawn......My advice, don't travel to Singapore...and I won't even comment on your obvious desire to see men caned...that is truly disturbing. But this proves y'all will react to anything I say..it's funny. You disdain me, so you say, but you'll jump when I yank your chain. Funny. However...I should point out that I've writtten on Cross-X and other places my actual beliefs about drugs in terms of what SHOULD be done/for those who use drugs AND what I think the US should do with its drug policies.

we're all very concerned about your advocacies on cross-x.

please, post again.

• Upvote 1

http://djztrip.com/obama

2iuc7iq.png

Recently, Shepard Fairey and I threw some fundraisers for the Obama campaign. We called them “The Party for Change”. (If you don't know who Shepard is—among many other things—he is the one responsible for the image on the right).

I've been wanting to put the mix I've been doing at these shows online, in hopes of spreading the word to people who need to hear it most. So, here it is: (zipped vbr mp3 / 84.7 MB)

I encourage you to download it and pass it along to anyone you think should hear it. Feel free to burn copies, share it with friends, family, co-workers, strangers, and especially anyone you know is on the fence about this election. I'm also putting out a radio friendly version, in case anyone wants to broadcast it.

Please share the message. Educate those who may not know what is really going on. There is still time.

If you, or anyone you know, isn't registered to vote, I encourage you to make it a priority and fix that before it's too late. This election is WAY too important for anyone to not get involved. If you need more information on how and where to register, vote, or participate, please check the links below.

I honestly feel if we make our voices heard, this time WILL be different.

Peace,

Z-TRIP

DOWNLOAD IT FREE HERE:

http://downloads.djztrip.com/Z-Trip_ObamaMix.zip

just like the mccain camp you greatly misquoted me. i didnt say i like to see men caned, i said i would like to see YOU caned. i am actually quite intolerant with child molestors.

• Upvote 1

lol..I am a man, and you wish to see me caned..thus I think you must have a caning fetish....I'm sorry for you, Daniel..oh, sorry, didn't realize you also had a fetish for James Bond...sad...very sad...

Edited by hylanddd

lol..I am a man, and you wish to see me caned..thus I think you must have a caning fetish....I'm sorry for you, Daniel..oh, sorry, didn't realize you also had a fetish for James Bond...sad...very sad...

Fallacy of induction. Perfect example, actually. Even uses false syllogism structure.

If you could show he had a fetish for caning men, and that YOU were a man, you could then conclude he wished to see you caned.

given his collection of factual mistatements and character attacks, I could actually care less if my reasoning was falicious or not...He spouts lies, perhaps I'm just playing his game...Perhaps i'm tired of idiots dragging me through the mud..

Retired...Essentially I support decriminilization of marijuana, drug rehab for first time offenders, anti-drug education programs, intervention programs, and legalization and HEAVY taxation of other drugs - coupled to a mandatory death penalty if anyone were to kill someone while under the influence of drugs like cocaine, PCP, etc, or mandatory life imprisonment without parole if someone were to hurt/maim/etc a person while under the influence of those drugs, or if they killed someone while under the influence of so called "soft" drugs.

The way I see it - is people, especially young people, are going to try drugs (for whatever reason) so they shouldn't be jailed, denied student loans, etc..just because they experimented. Pot is probably not worse than booze, and we allow people to drink, and from what I've seen - pot users tend to get slow and hungry, boozers can be far more angry and dangerous, so I support decrim. If people want to use Coke, PCP, w/e - then legalize it, sell it in government licensed stores, and TAX the crap out of it - and couple it to those two legal sanctions and I think people will be happy (except for the people who acted stupidly.) It's evident to me that the current war on drugs has failed, and we need another approach.

Edited by hylanddd

I am sure that everyone reading this probably already has done so, but in case you haven't, REGISTER TO VOTE NOW. TODAY IS THE LAST DAY.

Voter registration rules are set state to state. So, in Oklahoma for instance, Friday is the last day. Check with your local election board or look online for rules in your area.

Voter registration rules are set state to state. So, in Oklahoma for instance, Friday is the last day. Check with your local election board or look online for rules in your area.

either way, if you haven't already, please do so.

True, Ohio's deadline passed a few days ago.

we have sort of had a drama free week here in the campaign, minus republicans shouting "kill him" and "terrorist" and other such things about obama at rallies.

pretty odd, the way things have gone since the Iowa caucuses. i fear some kind of national security threat coming, it only seems logical

Birdwing...I think the larger question is why is Barack Obama having anything to do with an unrepetant terrorist who, right after 9/11, gave an interview where he said he regrets not having gone further with his actions. If it were me, I'd find any of the countless other programs which funnel private money to public schools to work with - not the one that the terrorist is a part of.

An old saying, quaint to most, is that you are judged by the company you keep. Something to think about.

Interestingly, "The Company You Keep" by Neil Gordon is an awesome (historical fiction) book in which the Weather Underground is a central part of the plot. It's a compelling, well-written novel that asks some very interesting questions about that particular strain of 60s politics, the US criminal justice system, parenthood, and ethics, and I think some of the challenges it mounts are particularly relevant to this silliness over Ayers. I highly recommend it to anyone whose interest is piqued by those topics or by the 60s in general.

Fair warning: It's pretty sympathetic to the "terrorists," so if you can't stomach moral ambiguity you probably won't enjoy it. For everyone else with a slightly more open mind, it's fantastic.

• Upvote 2

pretty odd, the way things have gone since the Iowa caucuses. i fear some kind of national security threat coming, it only seems logical

October Surprise? I could see it. Although Bush has been subtly moving to Obama's positions to pre-empt those arguments, a drastic change in policy could result. My thoughts on most likely October Surprise:

1) Escalation with Pakistan leads to extremely tense relations and/or full dress war.

2) Something about Osama bin Laden- by this, I mean they verify his death and/or capture him. It would have to be bigger than the 04 October Surprise.

3) Israeli strike on Iran- Israel has some problems as its leadership is shifting, but a bid for relevancy and to bring the next administration onto their side would be a quick strike. It doesn't have to work; Bush just has to follow their lead. You can bet your butt neither obama or mccain won't help israel if it attacks iran- no matter what they say or bush.

My prediction for the October surprise is a Palin/Obama sex scandal. McCain and Biden get pissed because McCain told Obama he had dibs on that ass and Biden has always had a secret gay thing for Obama. Out of sheer anger, McCain and Biden form one ticket, Obama and Palin form another, and Michelle Obama jumps in the race with Hillary Clinton.

Edited by Danny Tanner

My prediction for the October surprise is a Palin/Obama sex scandal. McCain and Biden get pissed because McCain told Obama he had dibs on that ass and Biden has always had a secret gay thing for Obama. Out of sheer anger, McCain and Biden form one ticket, Obama and Palin form another, and Michelle Obama jumps in the race with Hillary Clinton.

and then Nancy Pelosi has Bush and Cheney assassinated and takes over the country - the ultimate doomsday scenario

i wasnt as worried about obama's safety until recently. people hated john kerry, and were very polarized, but i dont remember people thinking he was traitorous, or a terrorist, or anything like that. it will be interesting to see how republicans respond to his possible governance

I just started thinking about this and I know it is really far out there and non verifiable but what if John McCain wants to be behind in the polls by, say, 7 percent so that a large number of Obama supporters, many of which are non-traditional voters, will stay home thinking that he will obviously win it. I know a lot of people who firmly believe that Obama has this thing clinched, but I'm not convinced yet. I hope people don't start thinking we already have the race won.

I have gone back and forth between Obama and undecided, mostly because I see McCain take some really classy actions. I was impressed with how he redirected the energy of the Republican Convention to focus on the hurricanes.

On CNN Headline News this morning, I saw another one of those classy moves. At one of his rallies, McCain spoke with supporters about how Obama is a decent person. One woman told McCain she was afraid Obama was a Arab terrorist, and McCain corrected her. He said Obama is a good person and McCain respects his service and accomplishments -- they just have great disagreements about basic policies. Another man said he was very fearful of an Obama administration, especially because he hangs out with domestic terrorists. McCain told him that he did not need to be afraid.

Now that is a politically dangerous line -- how will people respond to such "love" from one candidate to another? However, I think it shows a great deal of class. He was even booed at this rally as he told supporters to be respectful.

I'm no longer on the fence - I plan to vote for Obama. My decision was solidified by the selection of Governor Palin. When I start leaning back to undecided, Palin says something (like the terrorists comments) that convinces me to vote Democrat. It's not just her unknowledgable reponses or her unresponsive responses to questions, it's her fundamental beliefs. Now, I have real problems with her trying to make Obama sound like a terrorist; she is bringing to public the whole "guilt by name association" that was floating around on the Internet for a long time. She is very distasteful to me.