BBehrens

NFL Nationals

Hey all,

Some of you know that I go to UNLV in Vegas and have been helping to plan nationals for this year. That said if anyone has questions on places to eat, things to do, directions to and from places, or just general questions feel free to message me and I can help you out.

Brady Behrens

Roosevelt '06

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

i was curious as to how the elim round eligibility works for policy?

as in, you have 6 or 8 prelim rounds (not sure which, i've heard both) and you have to have a certain number of ballots to move on? how many is that? and then it proceeds to double-elimination i think?

thanks in advance

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Hey all,

Some of you know that I go to UNLV in Vegas and have been helping to plan nationals for this year. That said if anyone has questions on places to eat, things to do, directions to and from places, or just general questions feel free to message me and I can help you out.

Brady Behrens

Roosevelt '06

yes i have one question... how far did you go in the national tournament in debate?

• Downvote 1

what's up with people not being able to put their name on what they say? dcon, hubert, if you wanna talk bad about people say who you are at least.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

coming on a guy who gets off from movies he's saw, isn't fun anyway.

i learned something new today

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

what's up with people not being able to put their name on what they say? dcon, hubert, if you wanna talk bad about people say who you are at least.

Anyone who is supposed to get that joke already knows who hubert is...this isn't the first time he has said that to dirose.

• Downvote 2

Hi everyone!

Georgia Forensics will be organizing this year's NFL Nationals code sharing project. We will be putting together a PF, LD, and CX list. If you would like to participate, please send an email to jmiller@gaforensics.com with the following information:

1. The School You Are Affiliated With

2. Your Position With The School (Debater/Coach)

3. Division

Jeff will respond with complete details via email. If you have any questions, please let Jeff or I know.

Thanks,

Reza Kaba

Summer Assistant

Georgia Forensics Daily

• Upvote 2

to return to the original purpose of the thread, would someone mind posting who from the area broke?

• Upvote 2

MN breaks:

St. Paul Central KQ (2-0 in break rounds so far)

And I'm fairly confident that the other MN teams who broke are 1-1 in break rounds so far.

Highland Park (MN) GO

Wayzata FL

Sibley BC

Moorhead SS

I saw that Watertown, Vermillion, SFL and Aberdeen broke in Policy.

I am not sure how that all went, but Aberdeen was debating St. Paul in Rd. 9, so they were probably 2 up.

• Downvote 2

Update:

As mentioned before, all 4 SD teams broke!

Vermillion's Barton/Telliria went out after two.

Watertown's DiRose/O'hara: also out after two.

Both Sioux Falls Lincoln's Bacharach/Wang and Frey's Boiz were two up at the end of the first day of break rounds.

Aberdeen double downs it day two: OUT.

Sioux Falls Lincoln downed round nine, won round ten and is debating round 11. I'll post an update when when I find out if they won.

HURRAY MAX AND EMMA! HURRAY LINCOLN HIGH SCHOOL!

• Downvote 4

SFL unfortunately dropped in round 11 to LaSalle on the negative in a 3-0 decision.. but max and emma fucking rocked in that round and made the decision a tough one for the judges

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

On an unintresting side note I caught a 23 inch walleye (3.5 pounds) yesterday, seems like an efficient way to waste my time other than corrupting Jimmy in Vegas. I'm going to take it to the Taxidermy and carry it around at debate tournaments next year, needed something to top the Pineapple.

23 inches isn't that big, taking it to a taxidermy would be a waste of money.