andrewk0218

Alternative Energy Incetive

Everyone is talkin about their aff's and the popoular aff's i've heard bout are banning fossil fuels, solar power, hydro power, ethanol ...but this year's resolution is The U.S. Federal gvmnt should substantially increase alternative energy incenives is the the U.S. incentive means " something that incites or has a tendency to incite to determination or action" arent aff's like banning fossil fuels and solar power not incentives what are some aff's that are incentives? i just need ideas

banning is probably not topical, although those cases will probably be around next year. when alternative energy sources are discussed (solar power, hydro, ethanol, etc.) people are generally working under the assumption that the means of achieving those would be via incentives. ie granting subsidies to particular industries to encourage investment and use or alternatively placing taxes on fossil fuel industries to discourage their use.

• Downvote 2

Everyone is talkin about their aff's and the popoular aff's i've heard bout are banning fossil fuels, solar power, hydro power, ethanol ...but this year's resolution is The U.S. Federal gvmnt should substantially increase alternative energy incenives is the the U.S. incentive means " something that incites or has a tendency to incite to determination or action" arent aff's like banning fossil fuels and solar power not incentives what are some aff's that are incentives? i just need ideas

Also keep that definition in mind against affirmatives that specify funding for a specific energy source.

• Downvote 1

With this clarification in mind (I was wondering the exact same thing as OP) will there be more weight on the T debate than usual, or will the incentive itself be largely ignored in favor of debating the effectiveness of the different energy sources?