andrewk0218

Researching

Hey guys i just finished my first year of debate..and i have to research over the summer for next year's topic. and i'm havin trouble findin good ev. what do u think i shuld do to find good ev.?

1. Do what spoon said above, read the topic paper.

2. If you like to run Ks start researching/cutting two or three generic Ks.

3. Build a generic (not specific to any technology ie. Carbon Tax) aff from scratch and have a practice round here on cross-x, I'm not debating next year, but I can do one with you, or hell tell your partner to debate you on here.

4. If you want to do well on the national circuit,start building up case neg ev, research affs like nuclear energy and carbon tax (look in the alt energy forum). A few hours gave me good terrorism (I smell nuke war impacts) scenarios against nuclear energy affs.

5. And keep doing your drills.

If you just type in global warming or alternative energy in on google..or any search engine, and you just browse the information (or carding it would be better) it will give you a large competitive head start.

The only problem is with next years topic is it doesn't say the US should do anything, just give incentives. It may be a little tough to find a solid neg strat. as well. You could perm every CP and Kritiks would not seem relevant in the realm of alt. energy.

Be ready to answer T.

Edited by Ben Brown

Its just giving reasons..like we'll give you so much money and pay for the land if you set up windmills.

Algae Bio-diesel is a solid aff.

Google....really? That is lazy and inaccurate. Read books or lexis-nexis search it. Thats the best thing you could possibly do for yourself.

Edited by Ben Brown