Sign in to follow this  
L.Knoth

Attn Missouri Nat'l Qualifiers

this has been sent to most coaches of qualifiers, but Mrs. Adams didn't have some e-mails and asked me to post it so everyone was aware.

Please forward to your coaches if they haven't recieved this email already!

Pre-Nationals Round Robin!!

Congratulations on qualifying your policy team(s) to this year’s national tournament in LAS VEGAS! In order to better prepare for the tournament, as well as provide the best showing possible for the state of Missouri in policy debate, the Truman debate squad is organizing a small round robin and work session to bring teams together before the tournament. Knowing that some squads are leaving before the 15th, we have chosen Tuesday, June 3rd, as the competition day. There will be three-four rounds as follows:

Round I 9:00

Round II 11:30

(Lunch break, maybe walk to CiCi’s or order pizza)

Round III 2:30

Round IV or work time to follow

There is ample time allocated for each round to allow a full competitive debate as well as a constructive oral critique from all judges after the round. We ask that each school brings one qualified judge for EACH team entered, for each round. This will allow us to provide each room with at least 2 judges, and pending some other assistance, we may be able to provide 3 judges for each debate. (As a coach you may sign up to be your own school’s judge or bring someone to serve in the judging capacity.)

This isn’t a competition for awards, or trophies – in the end this is all about strengthening the skills and strategies of our fellow community debaters so that Missouri may be well represented in Vegas this summer. For this reason, less emphasis will be placed on the decisions of wins and losses and more time will be spent on oral critiques and time working with the judges after each round.

It is our pleasure to extend this invitation to your qualifiers. We hope that you will join us in preparation for this major tournament. If you could please respond with a confirmation of entries by May 28, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Ms. Adams (cadams@indep.k12.mo.us)

Oh, this means we might actually need to have a 1ac finished...

Might've missed this somewhere in there, but the tourney is at Truman, yes?

Are we going to do a full-disclosure type thing?

One of our coaches has to do something for the school district that day, and the other is teaching summer school, so none of our coaches that know policy can go. How big of a problem is that?

Oh, this means we might actually need to have a 1ac finished...

Might've missed this somewhere in there, but the tourney is at Truman, yes?

Are we going to do a full-disclosure type thing?

Not if Lauren is involved.

the tournament is being held at Truman.

Its not a big deal if your coach can't come, if you can bring someone else to judge that'd be great, if not we might be able to fill that spot.

And if everyones in agreement then full disclosure is fine with me!

Lauren- I will most likely be in KC on the 3rd and would be more than willing to donate some of my time to help the cause. Just phone me with any updates and to let me know if you need any of my help.

Louie

that's right :)

Not only a national champion, but so good he was able to sleep through the block of the semis debate and still win. The man is a legend.

1. Listen to Louie. Duh.

2. I gave this advice to eventual semifinalist at the NDT Clay Webb and Martin Osborn. But what you want to do is play 8 mins. of Michael Jackson's "Bad" and "Man in the mirror." No explanation needed.

3. Set up a shared gmail account and post the password on a public forum.

4. Run a plan giving Mexico full control of the states the US stole from them. You cannot have any policy on stolen land.

This plan cannot fail.

• Downvote 1

1. Listen to Louie. Duh.

2. I gave this advice to eventual semifinalist at the NDT Clay Webb and Martin Osborn. But what you want to do is play 8 mins. of Michael Jackson's "Bad" and "Man in the mirror." No explanation needed.

3. Set up a shared gmail account and post the password on a public forum.

4. Run a plan giving Mexico full control of the states the US stole from them. You cannot have any policy on stolen land.

This plan cannot fail.

This is the best plan I have ever seen in writing. Although I am not sure the fourth point should be done because I think it will hurt US hegemony.

Not only a national champion, but so good he was able to sleep through the block of the semis debate and still win. The man is a legend.

:love::love::love:

Hey guys just letting you know if you're planning on coming we need confirmation by your coach (or you) so we can start setting schedules!!

Thank you!!

While wearing a shirt that looked like it had been in his back pocket the night before

Hey guys just letting you know if you're planning on coming we need confirmation by your coach (or you) so we can start setting schedules!!

Thank you!!

We be down'

But for real, if you want to judge, Parkview shotties you.

PM me if you're down.

Kearny must of hated you. (not you, but Vince)

you mean must have, right?

and mike kearney is a very good friend of mine. he was scared when it happened, but i delivered a killer 1AR and won sems as the 1A after sleeping through the block. We joke about how epic it was.

Y'know what, i'm tired of you being all high and mighty and having nothing to back it up. You and me, mav. Or team. Anytime, any place, you name the resolution (something from high school or college from the last 8 years). We come to an agreement on the panel.

Alas, my two boys and I will all be out of town. However, if anyone would like to set up some practice rounds after Thursday, PM me.

- Miller

I would not judge this debate... I have better things to do than judge a debate worthy of 2-5 bracket. Furthermore, I am sure Vince would most likely lose this debate, but would dominate the in analogies. Best Vince line ever: "They have fallen upon their own swords".

• Upvote 1

While wearing a shirt that looked like it had been in his back pocket the night before

did you try and use those laundry facilities? they were terrible.

anyone who wants to come judge and is qualified (done college debate or is a competitive policy coach preferably) is more than welcome to come to Truman High School on Tuesday, we'll put as many judges in each room as possible!!

Teams who are coming remember that we've asked each team to bring a judge, this is going to help greatly for scheduling!

Parkway - are you still planning on coming? we can fill your judging spot