Sign in to follow this  
w/o_mat_quals

Zimbabwe Elections

We have a Zimbabwe DA with an exclude Zimbabwe CP..

Uniq. Mugabe in control now

link Aff gives Zimbabwe aid (this could be money, assistance etc

The more R. Mugabe receives the more powerful he becomes

Which leads to more and more corruption.

The impx are: it destabilizes southern africa and essentially destroys it

Stifles economy

Thus, The CP says to not give him money/aid so you leave Zimbabwe better off. The weaker Mugabe gets the less control he has over Zimbabwe.

• Upvote 1

yeah but can there be an angle with the election crisis?

"giving aid is a setback to democracy/free elections/ increases violence in the area"?

Guest fizelly27
yeah but can there be an angle with the election crisis?

"giving aid is a setback to democracy/free elections/ increases violence in the area"?

maybe giving aid to zimbabwe leads to mugabe win and then insert mugabe bad scenario

• Upvote 1

I'm pretty sure this scenario is non-unique - Tsvangirai already won and recounts being demanded by Mugabe still err towards Tsvangirai and are only ploys by Mugabe to not step down.

Best scenario - Mugabe steals aid, uses it for guns, and uses the guns to maintain power by force. That's the only legit link I see coming from this.

Again, I fail to see how Mugabe can steal aid when he's not in power. They're in a transition period...

Guest fizelly27
I'm pretty sure this scenario is non-unique - Tsvangirai already won and recounts being demanded by Mugabe still err towards Tsvangirai and are only ploys by Mugabe to not step down.

you do realize that a run-off election is being held? and you do realize that despite this "transition period" that you claim exists, Mugabe has still had the power to refuse to lose the election

Yeah - it's not run-off its recount. They're different. And these recounts are being demanded by Mugabe. Tsvangirai already won a couple as well. It's just a hoax for Mugabe to stay in power. Western nations have been pressuring and are being called to pressure Mugabe to give up and step down.

He can refuse to step down but that's not relevant - he loses political power esp. when Western nations are pressuring in the squo. The above link would be functional a month ago when the recounts just started and some aid was still being controlled by Mugabe. He's just a warlord now.

and you do realize that despite this "transition period" that you claim exists, Mugabe has still had the power to refuse to lose the election

That non-unique's your disad.

wait... it is a runoff, on june 27 i thought. the zanu pf extended the runoff period from 21 days to 90 days to officially "reassemble resources".

i thought it proved mugabe had power

and was looking for a more perception link: giving new aid to Z right now looks like we're recognizing the government.

Sign in to follow this