TheScuSpeaks

Database error

For like the last week on a semi-regular basis I have been getting the database error. Sometimes it is because obviously all of fiat utopia is down, sometimes I just can't access cross-x for a couple of minutes. It's not like a big deal on a very fundamental level, but what's up? Is it me, or everyone?

• Upvote 1

Just happened to me a few minutes ago when I tried to go to a post from the search results page.

• Upvote 1

I just got it.

Database Error Database error

The database has encountered a problem.

Please try the following:

* Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.

* Open the www.cross-x.com home page, then try to open another page.

* Click the Back button to try another link.

The www.cross-x.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

it's not that the site is loading. I'm assuming this makes a request and waits for a 200 response. The site itself loads fine (that is, the HTTP web server that actually serves the pages is up), it's just the database is down.

It's been happening to be periodically.

I've been getting the error for the last couple weeks between the hours of 10PM - 11PM Pacific time, but never any other time. It's also intermittent during that period.

Yeah this happens to me sometimes, usually once a day of a little more.

The copying of a long post is a good practice in general though.

Edit: How did this deserve neg rep?

Edited by The_Last_Novice
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I too have been getting this error pretty regularly during the evenings. It used to happen between midnight and 1am Eastern, but in the past month has expanded in range (at least to earlier, I haven't tried later in the night). For the first time, this week I got it for a few minutes around 3 p.m. Eastern.

I also get that error almost every day now. Page load times are also noticeably longer than they used to be. It's not like I'm going to leave for a competing site or anything, but it's really annoying. I seem to remember that you changed hosts a while back, is this related to problems with the current host? Is there anything that can be done?

Edited by dan.

For what it's worth, I've encountered that problem between about 7:00pm and 10:00pm Mountain Time. Very frustrating that I can't get my daily dose of political discourse and as hominem attacks each evening. Oh, and debate theory too (sometimes)! :)

There is no competing site -- that's why there is no risk of me leaving for one.

Some unmaintained sites on the server were being used as link farms by SPAMmers. SHould be fixed now. Very sorry for the difficulties.