colonize space and search for alternatives among the planets, or just use alternative sources for energy such as possible oil fields on mars

helium 3 discovery could function as a sweet incentive

i really like where this aff could go! (Space is freaking sweet)

The incentives have to be in the U.S., not the energy. "Alternative energy" is just an adjectival phrase modifying incentives.

• Downvote 1

US claimed the moon? didnt we? isnt our flag on the moon? id consider that part of the US or at least id make that argument

the legislation happens in the US

• Downvote 1

The incentives have to be in the U.S., not the energy.

Ok... the Moon is US territory... now you just have to extend incentives to the moon, and win some sort of solvency.

• Downvote 1

As THodgman said, only the incentive has to be in the U.S. The energy can be from anywhere. I think "in the U.S." wouldn't be a terribly hard T to fight as an Aff. Grammar proves the only incentive is in the U.S. interpretation

I was thinking about cutting a SETI aff claiming ETs have better energy sources than we do.

I agree with Mr. T on the t thing

but there's a lot of Carl Sagan evidence (bring back memories old people hah hah) about deep space exploration. Good stuff

colonize space and search for alternatives among the planets, or just use alternative sources for energy such as possible oil fields on mars

The incentives have to be in the U.S., not the energy. "Alternative energy" is just an adjectival phrase modifying incentives.

US claimed the moon? didnt we? isnt our flag on the moon? id consider that part of the US or at least id make that argument

What's your incentives? Is the US doing the plan? It sounds like you are searching for alternatives in space and would base advantages from exteraterristerial exploration. Even if you win that the incentives are in the US (which I doubt), you still run into the FX and XT debate on a quasi-topical case...

we explore space under the pretence that we've found helium 3 who knows what else is out there?

But how do you justify further space exploration (assuming every other country lets you colonize the moon) and further incentives?

Advantages probably?

I don't know about colonizing space, but there are multiple space options like harnessing solar winds. Science daily had something the other day abuot solar wind sails

Advantages probably?

I don't know about colonizing space, but there are multiple space options like harnessing solar winds. Science daily had something the other day abuot solar wind sails

But what new incentives are you proposing besides highlighting the potentials to be gained thru exploration? Are you going to pay private corps to do it or are you going to finance and carry out your plan thru the USFG? Really, I'm asking how you are going to fiat space exploration and what incentives you would use.

Anyways, I think you would bite into some theory on private actors (if you chose corps) and possibly face some solvency dephicits. And you would probably face some pretty serious effects T and XT violations regardless.

HI

I was writing an aff for next year that delpoys ssp to space, i wrote 3 advantages already and was thinkking of making a kritikal one....is this strategic??

What are your ideas, if you can help?

I was thinking a neolib advantage... I found cards that say thrid world countries lack basic necessities like cheap energy, ssp provides cheap energy and can be easily accesedd....so if you guys can help, i need cards about neolibe impacts, providing things like energy solves neolib...tell me if this advantage is good.

Also, for the T aspect, the resoltuion mandates alt energy incentives in the US, it never talks about how the actuall advantages have to occur in the US

HI

I was writing an aff for next year that delpoys ssp to space, i wrote 3 advantages already and was thinkking of making a kritikal one....is this strategic??

What are your ideas, if you can help?

Critical ideas are lame. Hah hah jk. If you had to chose one I wouldn't go much further than Neolib... although I was thinking of writing in an Ashtar advantage.... SPS is a badass idea though. Heg, Dependency, Enviro, Get of the Rock.... a lot of good base lit. I wish I were debating it. I'm stuck with Ag subsidies <_<.

Also, for the T aspect, the resoltuion mandates alt energy incentives in the US, it never talks about how the actuall advantages have to occur in the US

I completely agree. The wording of the resolution says "...alternative energy incentives in the United States." The energy doesn't have to be there, the Incentives do. So if you look at th Nenson 2K ev or the spaceref.com ev that says USDoE (dep. of energy) or Dod (dep. of defense) get the incentives, then who gives a whoot where the satelites are or where the energies going.