Sign in to follow this  
X Spike

Worms Aff?

I know its a little late in the year, but i just looked at a copy of time magazine and i say that they are now using earth worms to clear toxic land. They take out something like 70 % of the heavy metals and make the soil rich. Good Ag case? heavy metals -> food -> people = sickness? T is only a little questionable. Thoughts?

• Downvote 1

Sounds like its advantages would be rather weak and its really untopical. all cases might be FX T but this is rather pushing it. Think about it. Worms---> better soil---> better farming---> less famine---> less disease

It is just as effectual as a DDT aff assuming they give the DDT to Africa to spray to stop malaria. I say in all reality, it is just as effectual as any other affirmative and we all know the abuse to FX really is limited. If you are afraid of engaging somebody in an effectual topicality debate, then yeah, not a good idea for an affirmative. But otherwise, do whatever you please.

It is just as effectual as a DDT aff assuming they give the DDT to Africa to spray to stop malaria.

i think that he's saying root causes arent T, so, it would be less topical than DDT, that's trivial though

regardless of it solving, i dont think ANY author would characterize initial plan action (throwing worms at SSA) as "public health assistance"

One of your biggest problems here is obviously T. However, your most solid Aff arguments will be (A) no bright line to FX-T, and (B) we defend an increase in PHA.

A answers back any predictable limits arguments, and B covers ground loss.

If you enjoy being pressed for T every round, run it.

Otherwise... what's the US Key warrant?

And don't say soft power.

Sign in to follow this